***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    dont dream its over
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    tallman72 wrote:
    dont dream its over

Just so...it ain't over until the (politically correct) plus-size lady sings out "Not For You!"
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    check out my response to Greg on theuncool.com.

my last effort.

Greg now that it wasn't brought up by The Rob, can you kindly answer the following questions that should have been asked:

1. Is Cameron Crowe aware of the petition by 500+ 10c members to release more LE PJ20 blurays?
    2. Is he aware that the black market is selling these for the $400-500 range?
    3. Are there any plans to release more LE blurays even without the original packaging?
    4. Whose call is it to release more - the bands, 10c or Cameron Crowes?
    5.  If the LE blurays will not be made available, does Cameron Crowe permit us to make copies, understanding that this is not our preferred option? 

In every communication, have chosen to be respectful and also fair to you, Mr. Crowe.  I have also chosen to use my original name and not hide behind an alias.    There are more questions with regards to price and 10c losing blurays in the mail, which I've chosen not to bring up.  We simply want to enjoy all 3 discs on the format that Mr. Crowe intended.

Respectfully,
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

my last effort.

Greg now that it wasn't brought up by The Rob, can you kindly answer the following questions that should have been asked:

1. Is Cameron Crowe aware of the petition by 500+ 10c members to release more LE PJ20 blurays?
    3. Are there any plans to release more LE blurays even without the original packaging?
    5.  If the LE blurays will not be made available, does Cameron Crowe permit us to make copies, understanding that this is not our preferred option? 

In every communication, have chosen to be respectful and also fair to you, Mr. Crowe.  I have also chosen to use my original name and not hide behind an alias.    There are more questions with regards to price and 10c losing blurays in the mail, which I've chosen not to bring up.  We simply want to enjoy all 3 discs on the format that Mr. Crowe intended.

Respectfully,

Good job. Well written. If he doesn't reply to something as respectfully asked as this then, as sad as it may be, it's probably time we threw in the towel.
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

my last effort.

Respectfully,

well said :clap:
    listening to the way cameron crowe was talking about the band and the content on the discs just made me want it even more. he's a fan. he's as passionate about their music as we all are so he should understand where we're coming from.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    skanji32 wrote:

my last effort.

Respectfully,
    *like*
  • Options
    there is a tool posting on cc website saying all of are an embarrassment to the pj fan base for brining up the petition. The person also said that 500is nothing. I agree that this may be the last push but am conflicted if responding is the right call...

thoughts?
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    skanji32 wrote:
    there is a tool posting on cc website saying all of are an embarrassment to the pj fan base for brining up the petition. The person also said that 500is nothing. I agree that this may be the last push but am conflicted if responding is the right call...

thoughts?

Is it that "Dave" guy? He's been posting on there for weeks insulting fans. I responded earlier on, but it was just a back and forth..he just wants to cause trouble..he even said he doesnt want more to released because he wants his to remain valuable...I think it's best to just ignore him.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

my last effort.

Respectfully,

Very well written! I hope you get a response.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

thoughts?

it's probably a flipper... the REAL embarrassment to the pj fan base
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

thoughts?

Is it that "Dave" guy? He's been posting on there for weeks insulting fans. I responded earlier on, but it was just a back and forth..he just wants to cause trouble..he even said he doesnt want more to released because he wants his to remain valuable...I think it's best to just ignore him.

Agree....I applaud you :clap: for keepin' on...& I thank you as well...one never knows, squeeky wheel & all...I don't know about everyone, but my reason for wanting has nothing to do with the monetary value...I could not care less...I just want to watch & enjoy....Thanks again, you did good 8-)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    firstly, i wholly support the release of more of the deluxe blu rays ... but doesn't the whole idea of limited edition mean that there would not be any more pressed?

in any case - for those in the toronto area ... i am more than happy to lend it out in the new year ... i have like 3 other people who want to borrow it first ...
  • Options
    I'm totally in on supporting a re-release. I wrote 10C some hate mail a few weeks ago not thinking about the message boards and that others are in the same boat. I've they really want to keep the limited edition thing sacred they can release the extra discs separately. I just want to watch the content.

If they dont ill just wait it out, the price on ebay will come down or it will be availble some other way. I am kind of getting sick of all the PJ20 releases, it's a bit much. Maybe I'll just forget about it by the time the material is available again. Overload is here, I want some new songs anyway.....
  • Options
    jtredsox wrote:
    I'm totally in on supporting a re-release. I wrote 10C some hate mail a few weeks ago not thinking about the message boards and that others are in the same boat. I've they really want to keep the limited edition thing sacred they can release the extra discs separately. I just want to watch the content.

If they dont ill just wait it out, the price on ebay will come down or it will be availble some other way. I am kind of getting sick of all the PJ20 releases, it's a bit much. Maybe I'll just forget about it by the time the material is available again. Overload is here, I want some new songs anyway.....

Yeah its a bit depressing when this year is such a celebration for the fans and the band if u cant
    actually buy anything... so much coming out to purchase....
  • Options
    I saw that the movie is available on netflix instant now so at least it can reach more fans I rented it on iTunes as I couldn't justify purchasing an incomplete pearl jam movie as the Delluxe/legacy had more footage. I only collect Cds and Dvds as I enjoy seeing the band and hearing them but 500 dollars (average) is too much to spend. That known if anyone owns a regular pearljam.com exclusive dvd version and is willing to mail it to me next year to borrow so I can view the footage please pm me. I'd be willing to pay for the shipping so I can see it since nothing's being done but I can't afford to buy one on ebay or accept an offer to purchase one from an owner here (as I was in a car accident recently) or for a rerelease even if it is rereleased tomorrow. I'm just willing to settle for some goodwill of fellow pj fanatics if there is nothing the band, the moderators or the publishing company can do for us fans. Even if I had to pay for an unofficial print in a paper sleeve and agree never to sell it or risk prosecution I'd be willing to do that. I don't want to support piracy but it looks like many will turn to it in desperation to own what other fans have, and in the face of our current situation it looks like this will be many people's response. Maybe if someone close to the band can ask if someone can distribute unofficial copies through a single post and authorize a single person to do it for cost and someone who has it is willing to do the work this could be a viable option. I just want to be able to watch it whenever I'd like to and i'm willing to lose any value of it to acquire it legally and keep the wishes of the fans who for whatever resin want the resale value to be 500 and not something lower than that. I'd like to point out that I've never heard how many were made and if anyone knows this they can also pm me or point me to a link with the post through pm I'd appreciate that. But I don't see how 1000 more copies being made and offering anyone who signs the pet ion an offer to purchase could affect resale if no number has been release. For all I know 10 copies were sold or 1000 copies or even a million. Who knows? it'd still be limited if 1000 were made and sold to the first 1000 petition signers with any extra sold on ebay for charity or kept for future promotions. That is one option which potentially could help out us ten club members who pay for a membership and are dissatisfied, protect the wants of initial release buyers, and potentially help charities in the process. Just another suggestion, btw I don't read the posts in between mine so if anyone responds with actual news about this post please pm, i truly appreciate it.
    Columbus 05/06/2011
  • Options
    PLeaseR REsStock Tha Blu Ray LO l PLEase ? ??? ? thanks.
  • Options
    Bump..
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    aus_suz wrote:
    Bump..
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Does anyone else find it ironic that on the back sleeve of the PJ20 movie credits it says

"VERY SPECIAL THANKS...Pearl Jam fans everywhere, without whom.....This one's for you"

...and then they limit the extended version to a lucky few who got in quick and leave the rest of us high and dry?

Obviously it should read..."This is not for you"

If they hadnt have dangled that carrot with all the extras we probably would have all been happy with the one movie disc.
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    Big Bump!!!..........

Please...
  • Options
    This road is long....& winding....& very bumpy... ;)
  • Options
    We all believe!!!!

RE-PRINT
    In love with music
  • Options
    i was lucky enough to get a pj20 vinyl while supplies still lasted

unfortunately, i missed out on the pj20 deluxe blu-ray/dvd

i would gladly trade my vinyl for your dvd/blu-ray

and i would obviously pay the difference

please don't make any other offers to me - just my vinyl for your dvd/blu-ray

PM me
  • Options
    I want it!
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,503
    Look. I started this thread. I was totally pissed I missed the boat on the blu ray! So I got the dvd deluxe edition instead (sold out the next day)

Now if PJ restock im gonna have to pay another $80 for the BR version! But my point is this....I don't think that much of this film is filmed in HD and I'll also say that most of the footage is in standard definition so REALLY I don't see the need to necessarily restock the Blu Ray BUT they should at the very least restock the deluxe DVD version...that is not as expensive as re printing blu ray and the difference in video quality is negligible!

Also those with blu ray players should know that most of them upscale dvd's to a certain extend as well so the 'HD' footage still looks pretty f*****g awesome!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Time to re-stock. Please and Thank You.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    C'mon 10-club......do the right thing!!! ;)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Cameron Crowe responded to me from last week:
    "Thanks for the eloquence and the passion re:  the bluray!  Will bring it up when I see Kelly Curtis this week.
    You will be heard..."
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    Cameron Crowe responded to me from last week:
    "Thanks for the eloquence and the passion re:  the bluray!  Will bring it up when I see Kelly Curtis this week.
    You will be heard..."

Good news!

Sounds like it was Pearl Jam's decision...but why?