Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    i really dont know what u mean,i dont know the site u post,ill not even go to look at it..
    some people dont like me,for their reasons,if this happening here..and use my name..
    who im ,my close friends know..from there .i dont give a shit..i heard it all so far in the public forum...
    from if im real,if i work,if im a freak,if i take it in the ass.,,you cant even imagine.,..what else..
    i think im good,from the moment no one ask me yet to pay for child support,cos their 10 years old son is mine..

i have no idea what any of this means, but i enjoy deciphering it. :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    NoCode416 wrote:
    i really dont know what u mean,i dont know the site u post,ill not even go to look at it..
    some people dont like me,for their reasons,if this happening here..and use my name..
    who im ,my close friends know..from there .i dont give a shit..i heard it all so far in the public forum...
    from if im real,if i work,if im a freak,if i take it in the ass.,,you cant even imagine.,..what else..
    i think im good,from the moment no one ask me yet to pay for child support,cos their 10 years old son is mine..

its all chinese to me...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:
    can they take something that was LE and make it not LE?
    good one

well ... it looks like the people who want the re-stock don't care about that ... :lol:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    can they take something that was LE and make it not LE?
    good one

well ... it looks like the people who want the re-stock don't care about that ... :lol:

Only the people who want to profit off of this care. Release it to everyone!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    i never liked anything limited edition if it had good exclusive stuff. I dont mind if LE stuff has unimportant crap that only collectors would care about. Alot of the recent Pj vinyl stuff being limited... They should make a colored vinyl of x and make enough that everyone that wants one gets it. And thats what should have been done here The LE bluray/dvd should have come in that limited heat sensitive paper, or discs. Like the NIN year zero disc. Cost an extra 83 cents according to trent, but PJ could have made the label on the discs out of this and once they heated up they had some cool logo. Make 500 or whatever of them, then make sets of regular art for everyone that just wants to watch the thing. Number the first 500 and 50 random ones were signed. There is countless ways they could have had a limited run of these with holding back content from every fan.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Only the people who want to profit off of this care. Release it to everyone!

Yes exactly. To all the Blu Ray/DVD owners - how would the release of more copies affect the enjoyment of your copy any less?
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    so this is about the content? Or the plush blu ray box set?

It sounds like the valid argument was about the content and changed to demanding the full materialistic box set.

Sign me up for just the download or ability to buy the individual disks.

The item was up for 3 weeks and I waited to buy it/got cold feet. My fault, I admit it, and I deserve to miss out on the Limited Edition set. I do want to own/watch the features not included on the standard (without pirating).
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    xunbrokenx wrote:
    It amazes me that people don't understand that disc 2 is still ONLY available on iTunes US.
    But it makes me sad that some PJ fans are so nasty towards those who missed out and are only worried about their precious dvd/blu rays remaining LE.
    Even if I was lucky enough to have a deluxe copy I would still support this petition 100%
    FREE THE PJ20D3 !!!
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    The item was up for 3 weeks and I waited to buy it/got cold feet. My fault, I admit it, and I deserve to miss out on the Limited Edition set. I do want to own/watch the features not included on the standard (without pirating).

I am kind of in the same boat; I am kicking myself for dragging my feet and not buying right away. At the same time, if every person who didn't get a copy actually bought it, there would be just as many people without the Deluxe Edition. I hope the lack of availability was either a miscalculation or just a mistake. I'm still holding out hope that more copies will be produced, however unlikely that might be.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Rambis35 wrote:

I am kind of in the same boat; I am kicking myself for dragging my feet and not buying right away. At the same time, if every person who didn't get a copy actually bought it, there would be just as many people without the Deluxe Edition. I hope the lack of availability was either a miscalculation or just a mistake. I'm still holding out hope that more copies will be produced, however unlikely that might be.
    With calling the thing LE, they probably can't print more, kind of false advertising with which they might get sued or something stupid like that. I'm guessing this is why they are having a hard time responding with what they probably would like to do i.e. Printing more Deluxe boxed sets and sell them. I also don't believe they'd want to sell disc 3 on it's own as it probably shouldn't be it's own product. What they are selling is PJ20 as an art piece... So right now they are probably stuck between a rock and a hard place on pleasing everyone. ;)

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173490&p=4077666&hilit=option#p4077666
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Thanks in advance for having the sense to re-issue another not so limited pressing of these. This will make such a nice Christmas present to myself.... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    vital5 wrote:
    Rambis35 wrote:

With calling the thing LE, they probably can't print more, kind of false advertising with which they might get sued or something stupid like that. I'm guessing this is why they are having a hard time responding with what they probably would like to do i.e. Printing more Deluxe boxed sets and sell them. I also don't believe they'd want to sell disc 3 on it's own as it probably shouldn't be it's own product. What they are selling is PJ20 as an art piece... So right now they are probably stuck between a rock and a hard place on pleasing everyone. ;)

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173490&p=4077666&hilit=option#p4077666

That's such garbage (pardon my french)...it can still be LE if they print 5 billion copies!! it's limited and is always open for discussion. It's their art and they can do what they wish with it.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Illinois Posts: 33
    *Bump*

I'm the only one who still hasn't broken down and bought PJ20 on DVD due to waiting on the final word on this, aren't I?
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    NoCode416 wrote:

its all chinese to me...

Its all greek to me.... :)
    Im sure there are other dimi's
  • Options
    Keep bumping... Foos tonight for me :)
  • Options
    SloopJohnB wrote:
    *Bump*

I'm the only one who still hasn't broken down and bought PJ20 on DVD due to waiting on the final word on this, aren't I?

i haven't bought it yet either. i am such a bad fan. :shock:
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Shakescky wrote:
    SloopJohnB wrote:
    *Bump*

I flat out don't plan on buying it. I would gladly give them $70 for the LE blu-ray though. If not, then oh well.
  • Options
    Shakescky wrote:
    SloopJohnB wrote:
    *Bump*

I havent purchased it.. waiting to buy the extras..
  • Options
    I already requested a friend to make a copy of the DVD LE.

The only way they will see my money on this one is make extra Blu Ray LE available. I HATE to copy/download stuff... this is the only piece of thing on shelf that will be my hidden shame.

Please make a new print of the BluRay LE.
    In love with music
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    Include me in the "still haven't bought it" group. Still keeping the faith! :angel:
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    Haven't bought it yet either,...I want the 3 DVD with the extras,..period. Ready to purchase when more become available. Just a matter of time.
  • Options
    It may have been on sale for 3 weeks but it went out of stock way before the 3 weeks were up!
    Re stock Re stock Re stock!!!! I think all PJ fans should want to share the awesomeness of the Deluxe version with each other, limited edition or not. So why would another fan complain? It's silly. We should all want to share this and not be so ridiculous if others are still yearning to see this "limited edition" deluxe set.

Please re-stock!!!
    Christina
    "Society...you think you have to want more than you need.." EV
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Face it 10c, you have fucked up.

Looks to me like there are alot of wallets being firmly kept in pockets due to this. Memberships not being renewed, standard product sales affected & the biggest fan revolt since the No Code tour (the difference being that was a fight FOR the fans).

The worse thing is the lack of communication and/or any kind of sympathy for one of the most fiercly loyal fan bases for any band or organisation in the last 20 years. Perhaps the Kids are twenty is an iTunes exclusive for period of time & while this on-going they can't annouce any re-release for fear of affecting their business partners sales results? They seem to like this temporary business partner model at the moment.

In any case, bottom line is that as time goes on us fans may will slowly let the candle burn out on this purchase, but at what future cost for 10c? How detrimental is this to them in the long-term?

As with many people here, I know they won't be getting any more of my money for the forseeable future. Good business 10c? Hmmm...
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    edited December 2011
    itsevobaby wrote:
    Face it 10c, you have fucked up.

Looks to me like there are alot of wallets being firmly kept in pockets due to this. Memberships not being renewed, standard product sales affected & the biggest fan revolt since the No Code tour (the difference being that was a fight FOR the fans).

The worse thing is the lack of communication and/or any kind of sympathy for one of the most fiercly loyal fan bases for any band or organisation in the last 20 years. Perhaps the Kids are twenty is an iTunes exclusive for period of time & while this on-going they can't annouce any re-release for fear of affecting their business partners sales results? They seem to like this temporary business partner model at the moment.

In any case, bottom line is that as time goes on us fans may will slowly let the candle burn out on this purchase, but at what future cost for 10c? How detrimental is this to them in the long-term?

As with many people here, I know they won't be getting any more of my money for the forseeable future. Good business 10c? Hmmm...

I doubt it. Since the sale of the LE Boxset, sales seem to have been very good. Between the LE shirts and LE vinyl and bootlegs I'd say PJ are doing OK. If anything, this has made the items they sell more sought after. People won't let their memberships expire unless they don't intend on ever seeing PJ in concert again. If someone would choose to never see PJ again because they waited to buy a DVD with a bonus disc and didn't get one then I think that says a lot about that person. For me I wouldn't give up seeing one of my favorite bands because I waited to buy a DVD. That just seems foolish.

There are many items that PJ have sold that I didn't get the chance to buy...or waited to pull the trigger. Am I going to cry and complain and go find some other band to support...no. I am a member of many fan clubs and this is the best of them all. Not perfect...far from it...but OK in my book.
    Post edited by mr_canada on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Add the PJ20 Vinyl to the list. Reissue that. Missed the sale.
  • Options
    As much as I hate to say it, it's becoming increasingly obvious that we're not going to be fully acknowledged on this matter.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    This has nothing to do with anything, but the zipper slider on my Canadian Tour hoodie just came off in the dryer, and there's no way to get it back on.

Just having a F!*#@%' FIGURES! moment.

Reprint the damn extra discs.
  • Options
    YES BRING IT BACK !!!
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:
    This has nothing to do with anything, but the zipper slider on my Canadian Tour hoodie just came off in the dryer, and there's no way to get it back on.

Just having a F!*#@%' FIGURES! moment.

Reprint the damn extra discs.

You could pay to get it fixed - otherwise - next time you dry your hoodies in the dryer - zip it up and turn it inside out!
  • Options
    This is kind of unrelated but this isn't the only thing i'm upset with. I just refuse to let this topic die.
    Columbus 05/06/2011