I have no hope. Bumping it anyway.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    rockpants wrote:
    I have no hope. Bumping it anyway.

Bumping ..
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Sign me the fuck up. It's a travesty that there isn't more. And it's a larger travesty, and incredibly ironic, that PJ hates the scalping and secondary market crowd of their band, yet they antogonize such a scene by knowing there's so many psychos in their fanbase that will be taken advantage of by other assholes who know there will be a market for a $400 blu ray, $800 vinyl, and $250 fucking poster. Gimme a fucking break....all I want is a shitty blu ray for market price when it can easily be reissued.

SIGNED.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and a fucking grand on a backpack.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 664wt_1270
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    dirtybob wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

Actually, "The Rob" admitted that they fucked up yesterday on PJ Radio, specifically with regards to the BluRay...so, yeah, um, 10c DID eff up....and that's okay...we all do. Just nice to see them owning it....

What I'm saying is that's it's not 10cs fault you didn't buy one when they were on sale for 3 weeks, and it's not 10cs fault if you weren't ready to drop 70 bucks. That's what I'm saying.

The fault lies with the fact that not enough were produced in the first place! :evil:
    The fact that they were in the goods section for 3 weeks is irrelevant. If everyone had bought immediately it would've sold out within days/hours and just as many people would be shut out.

The argument of 3 week availability is weak... they DID NOT make enough.

I'm very sad that they've been taken down from Goods.
    Way to desecrate our hope... :cry:
  • Options
    While I think the initial $70 price tag was outrageous, I was willing to pay it when I got the money together. The fact that it was produced in such limited quantity that it is now re-selling for more than $200 (to their most ardent fans) certainly can't be what the band envisioned when they first sold it. If they don't press more and the re-sale price stays high, it will be bootlegged, and deservedly so. I love the band and appreciate that they are admitting that a mistake was made, now they can announce more are being pressed and correct that mistake! The sooner they announce it, the sooner hardcore fans that missed out stop getting ripped off on eBay. At the moment, I'm very disappointed in this unfriendly move by a band that is normally so fan-friendly.
    Mike "...After Dark"
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Add me too please...restock? I will buy!!!
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    bump to front page...
  • Options
    Faithfull......
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    You can argue until you've exhausted every point from both sides on this subject. The black and white is that they did not make enough copies. When I followed this band on tour last year I met so many people who were travelling many more miles than the 2500+ we clocked up with some of these going to all 11 shows or nearly all and people who were doing this after travelling to previous shows in Aus/NZ and the US. This is not too much to ask from a loyal fanbase. That 10c as middle men responded to the petition by simply removing it from the goods section with no explanation as to why a piece of merchandise that would normally be available to all was only available to a small percentage is a joke. That is no reward to all those people I met giving their all to show love and support to their favourite band.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    That 10c as middle men responded to the petition by simply removing it from the goods section with no explanation as to why a piece of merchandise that would normally be available to all was only available to a small percentage is a joke. That is no reward to all those people I met giving their all to show love and support to their favourite band.

True.... This DVD should be like all their previous TB2K, SVT, Showbox, LATG and IIC available to anyone
    whether they are a hardcore fan, travelling fan, casual fan, semi casual fan, a fan not even born yet or someone just interested in the bands 20yrs history.. Please make the 3 discs available again for the fans.. please :)
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    I think it is really strange that Pearl Jam - the band that fought Ticketmaster for too high ticket prices sells 3 blue-ray discs for $70 and 3 dvd's for $60. And then they make them as limited as they were. What did they think? Maybe that the rich fans will buy them and the students, unemployed can only dream of them...

Thankfully they hit the torrent sites for the ones that didn't have the money to buy them during the few weeks they were available. I'm really considering of buying a backpack or something similar next time just to sell it for $1000 on eBay, to finance upcoming special edition sets...
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    I like all the other ppl nearly 500 that have signed and supported this petition
    just want to purchase this legally...

Please re-issue this in some form for "the fans".. please :)

p.s over a grand for a packpack on ebay is madness..
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    aus_suz wrote:

p.s over a grand for a packpack on ebay is madness..

the problem also lies with those that bought it. i bought mine i want to watch it so bad but all i see is them going for 350 dollars now. do the math...thats a lot of oil for my broke ass, whose wife yelled at him for spending the 70 bucks to begin with...

so now, while there is all this crap about people who buy just to flip, i bought just to watch but 280 bucks profit in my pocket warrants at least thinking about selling it...

edit: im not selling, just saying that it is a lot of money to pass up....
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    does anyone know if 10C is even reading this or has replied to this? I would really like to know what they think about all of the comments on here. people are making a whole lot of sense out here about how there should have been more and especially about how unfair it is that the true fans have to go to ebay right now and pay inflated prices for something that was made for us in the first place.
  • Options
    hailhail8 wrote:
    does anyone know if 10C is even reading this or has replied to this? I would really like to know what they think about all of the comments on here. people are making a whole lot of sense out here about how there should have been more and especially about how unfair it is that the true fans have to go to ebay right now and pay inflated prices for something that was made for us in the first place.

they know. doesnt really matter now anyways; if they reproduce it, the value of the original ones will stay the same, because first print originals are always worth more. at the end of the day, the only wish is that 10c didnt underestimate the demand for it - but if they produced too many of them they would be stuck with the truckloads of bluerays that nobody wants.

there is some number cruncher that works for 10c that has data showing that a percentage of 10 clubbers buy all these merch so they produce to that number for better of for worse. if more people want that product later, say 1000 people want to buy it instead of the original 5000 they produced earlier, then they would have to pay a higher price to produce that blueray - so basically if there was a smaller rerelease it would cost more to produce, thus be higher to buy, thus eliminating the original demand in the first place.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    I think it's time to step up our game. I still think it's unfair I have not gotten a response to any of my actual questions about WHY this release was so limited. I've tried here, I've emailed the Tenclub, left messages at Cameron Crowe's blog and sent tweets to the band's twitter and to Mike's twitter.

Maybe it's time to contact Tim Bierman (he runs the Ten Club) directly.

His Twitter is @10CTim. He hasn't updated it since September, but unless he changed his settings, every time someone sends a tweet to him he gets an email.

I suggest EVERYONE who wants this re-released, or wants to know WHY the Ten Club has handled this release like they have, tweet him.
  • Options
    I think it's time to step up our game. I still think it's unfair I have not gotten a response to any of my actual questions about WHY this release was so limited. I've tried here, I've emailed the Tenclub, left messages at Cameron Crowe's blog and sent tweets to the band's twitter and to Mike's twitter.

His Twitter is @10CTim. He hasn't updated it since September, but unless he changed his settings, every time someone sends a tweet to him he gets an email.

I suggest EVERYONE who wants this re-released, or wants to know WHY the Ten Club has handled this release like they have, tweet him.

an intern will just delete the emails for him
  • Options

Geez dude it's at least worth a shot. Damn.
  • Options

sorry bro didnt mean that to sound like a slap. just saying

• Options
    JCro14JCro14 Posts: 12
    Bump.
    BOS-98-00-03-04-06-10-13-16-18;ALB-03;MTL-05
    web.archive.org/web/20030202174226/http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2000/830bos2.html
    web.archive.org/web/20090204082549/http://sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2003/711man1.html
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

That's what fans from the south thought about calling the 10C radio show to ask why the band won't play here or just to say that the fans down here would love a show. The people who answered the phone were told not to accept any calls about the south.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I went to see the movie on theater on september and the version that i saw then is not the same that i have on the standard dvd that i bought. It has some missing parts, and it really sucks. I really would like the longer version and i wouldn't mind buying the delux box...... limited or not ! So please 10c re-stock the delux dvd (just because i don't have BR) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    CarlaCosta wrote:
    I went to see the movie on theater on september and the version that i saw then is not the same that i have on the standard dvd that i bought. It has some missing parts, and it really sucks. I really would like the longer version and i wouldn't mind buying the delux box...... limited or not ! So please 10c re-stock the delux dvd (just because i don't have BR) :mrgreen:

The standard disk shouldnt be any different from the theatrical version.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    the guy who owned the theatre in providence said it came in on a blueray. so i assume it's the very same
  • Options
    it was on sale 3 weeks. its not 10Cs fault you didnt order in time. the DVD box set (also LIMITED EDITION) is still in stock (but that will go soon I'm sure) and I doubt there will be any majorly noticeable differnce in quality on most peoples TVs....

Yes it was on sale for 3 weeks but not all of us have $80 to just buy this stuff, some of us have to work really hard and try and save money for these things![/quote]

I'm with you on this one. If you look on ebay its being sold anywhere between $200 to $500 and im sure its higher than 500 since I checked last. I wonder how many were bought by these individuals just to turn around and make oodles of money on them? *sigh*. I guess i'll have to work lots of overtime for one of those:(
    It reminds me of being an early member of the ten club and hitting hard times and couldn't pay my dues. I emailed the club and explained to them my situation in the hopes that they'd cut me a break and let me pay my dues and keep my membership number and seniority. NOPE. They emailed back and said that their wasn't anything they could do. So, i'm like a newbie now.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

That's what fans from the south thought about calling the 10C radio show to ask why the band won't play here or just to say that the fans down here would love a show. The people who answered the phone were told not to accept any calls about the south.[/quot

I doubt they'll be showing up in Little Rock anytime soon since the WM3 are free now. Even when I saw them in Dallas then followed them to Little Rock in 2003 Ed was holding up "Free the WM3" t-shirts while inserting
    "free the west memphis three" into the lyrics of songs. Its funny how they'll accept southerners membership money and let us purchase goods but yet we're not good enough to play a show for. I will also add that when they did the wm3 benefit concert it wasn't a problem being in the south and accepting money there. I wonder how much was made from that show? just sayin.
  • Options
    in slightly related news, amazon has started to cancel people's orders that have preordered too many copies of diablo 3 collectors edition. wonder what that says when a retailer tries to protect their customers more than a fanclub....

you know what tenclub could do? anyone remember that "big bold and free" thing? maybe, you know, just saying.....
  • Options
    Sorry if this has already been listed, but do we know how many copies were actuallly produced?

Without being jaded at all, I can't wait to see the next item that goes up under the guise of 'limited edition'. If 10C weren't such a trustworthy operation you can imagine the leverage they would now have in producing 50,000 copies of somehting and labeling it limited just to test the waters.
  • Options
    Bump...
  • Options
    Do you guys think that all this limited edition BS is done on purpose by the band/10C to just inflate some kind of "mythology" thing around the band?

I'm just wondering.
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?