Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    ms. goldenwordsms. goldenwords Posts: 360
    edited December 2011
    I don't usually complain on these forums, I swear. So I'm a bit concerned that I'm participating in one of those bitching threads, but I'm not really up for reading 113 pages to find out and I'm feeling pretty passionate about this issue:

I just realized that I can no longer buy the DVD with all the extra footage and I'm beyond bummed. I'm typically cool with the limited editions and whatnot, because I can always get a digital or cd copy of the actual music if I want it. In this case I'm missing out on hours of footage.... I know It's my own fault that I didn't realize it was limited. I paid to see it in the theater, and paid for it on on-demand. Then it was on PBS and netflix which I thought was awfully cool of them (even though I had paid to see it twice by my own choice). I didn't buy the DVD right away. You snooze you lose, I realize that. But to me it's only worth paying again for hours of extra footage.

I'm signing this "petition" because I want to buy that footage. Please let me.

I think we are a lucky group of fans of a kickass rock band. I think PJ and 10c have been more than generous, which is one of many reasons that I've been a fan for 20 years. I loved the film and simply want to see the rest.

PS/EDIT: I don't really care whether it's a DVD or blue ray or digital download .... I just want to watch the unreleased footage.
    Post edited by ms. goldenwords on
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    Signed!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    This is terrible... I just came to finally get the DVD set and wait... what's this... why is it not here? I investigate further... read some more and realize to my horror it was a limited edition and there are no more! So after I let out a wail that woke the neighbours... I'm heartbroken. Like everyone else I understand the limited edition reasoning... but come on! Sometimes life gets in the way and as much as it pains you to do it you have to get your priorities straight and realize the car repairs and the sick kitty kat vet bills and feeding the kids have to come before buying a DVD even if it is from your favourite band in the whole entire world that you've been listening to for 20 years and maybe a few years ago you gave up new shoes and partying a few weekends so you could fly off to Toronto for a weekend just to see them but now... ***deep breath****... now you have to more responsible and because I chose to be 'responsible', I have paid a huge price. I'm sure there's a life lesson in here somewhere but I don't GIVE a rat's ass what it is!! I just want the movie!! **goes back to wailing and sobbing**

There is no Santa Clause .... *wails some more*
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    With calling the thing LE, they probably can't print more, kind of false advertising with which they might get sued or something stupid like that. I'm guessing this is why they are having a hard time responding with what they probably would like to do i.e. Printing more Deluxe boxed sets and sell them. I also don't believe they'd want to sell disc 3 on it's own as it probably shouldn't be it's own product. What they are selling is PJ20 as an art piece... So right now they are probably stuck between a rock and a hard place on pleasing everyone. ;)

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173490&p=4077666&hilit=option#p4077666

Nope. All they have to do is change something, make the box a little different or even just change the barcode and BOOM it's another SKU and therefore it's another product.
  • Options
    LM44374 wrote:
    This is terrible... I just came to finally get the DVD set and wait... what's this... why is it not here? I investigate further... read some more and realize to my horror it was a limited edition and there are no more! So after I let out a wail that woke the neighbours... I'm heartbroken. Like everyone else I understand the limited edition reasoning... but come on! Sometimes life gets in the way and as much as it pains you to do it you have to get your priorities straight and realize the car repairs and the sick kitty kat vet bills and feeding the kids have to come before buying a DVD even if it is from your favourite band in the whole entire world that you've been listening to for 20 years and maybe a few years ago you gave up new shoes and partying a few weekends so you could fly off to Toronto for a weekend just to see them but now... ***deep breath****... now you have to more responsible and because I chose to be 'responsible', I have paid a huge price. I'm sure there's a life lesson in here somewhere but I don't GIVE a rat's ass what it is!! I just want the movie!! **goes back to wailing and sobbing**

There is no Santa Clause .... *wails some more*

Big hug. I just had the same experience... I'm still shocked it was LE. I shouldn't be, but it seems like such a staple item to make LE. Typically I'd say it was a good business move but it this case it just seems odd. I hope they release that footage somehow for those fans that missed the LE/deluxe sale.
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    I ordered a copy but even though it shipped a month ago I have still not received it but I did receive my PJ20 vinyl that shipped last week. I really hope I can get a copy, especially since I have found out that my name is on it.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    edited December 2011
    1689 posts?
    10C - can we get a response please??!? :geek:
    Post edited by macci on
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Okum wrote:
    I ordered a copy but even though it shipped a month ago I have still not received it but I did receive my PJ20 vinyl that shipped last week. I really hope I can get a copy, especially since I have found out that my name is on it.

Whoa! You already received the vinyl in BC but haven't yet received the PJ20 Deluxe Edition set? :shock:
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    100% guaranteed, this will be the week we will hear from Cameron Crowe, 10c, PJ or some combination, thereof...

I suspect that the content will be made available online, which for me personally will not be a solution.

I want this content on the 3 blurays to enjoy this the way CC intended.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148
    Yes, please and thank you! :clap: :thumbup:
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    skanji32 wrote:
    I want this content on the 3 blurays to enjoy this the way CC intended.
    :clap:

Keeping my fingers crossed. Would make a great Christmas present :)
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    demetrios wrote:
    Okum wrote:

Whoa! You already received the vinyl in BC but haven't yet received the PJ20 Deluxe Edition set? :shock:

both shipped to US address, saves on shiping
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Vivadawn wrote:
    It may have been on sale for 3 weeks but it went out of stock way before the 3 weeks were up!
    Re stock Re stock Re stock!!!! I think all PJ fans should want to share the awesomeness of the Deluxe version with each other, limited edition or not. So why would another fan complain? It's silly. We should all want to share this and not be so ridiculous if others are still yearning to see this "limited edition" deluxe set.

Please re-stock!!!
    Christina
    For me, I'm upset for different reasons... I purchased a $70 Blu-Ray kit, and when I opened it, the individual disc sleeves were folded carelessly on angles so that the three discs hardly have enough room to fit in the PJ20 sleeve. In addition, my kit was sloppily shoved into my mailbox, and the outside as badly scraped and misshapen as a result. When I asked 10C about perhaps having an exchange done for a good condition box, I was told "you may return the item for refund. we do not have replacements." That was my whole email less a standard Ten Club mailing address signature. If I were selling a product for such a high price, there is absolutely no way I would sell my entire stock, when there is a potential for deficiencies, and customers want happiness - not refunds. While the content on this kit merits the price, its physical quality is sorely lacking.

I think the Ten Club needs to take a leaf out of many successful companies' philosophies, and start to focus on an end-to-end happiness solution for customers. Good notice on new products, tours, ticketing opportunities. Explicit information on press runs (especially when it comes to things like vinyl records or limited edition Blu-Ray releases). Polite, profesional email communication - either when it is requested, or when it is due. Expedient and/or trackable shipping. Accountability when things go wrong, and communication owning up to mistakes, and finding an adequate solution, not a duct tape fix. Finally, giving two shits when we register (really, generally very reasonable) complaints or issues, in the interests of bettering their business.
    Many businesses work ceaselessly to get valuable constructive criticism from their clients. Regrettably, from what I can tell, problems remain the same from year to year here.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Would love to get a copy. I kept putting it off and now I am regretting it. Would love to get my hands on the deluxe version. :(
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Vivadawn wrote:
    It may have been on sale for 3 weeks but it went out of stock way before the 3 weeks were up!
    Re stock Re stock Re stock!!!! I think all PJ fans should want to share the awesomeness of the Deluxe version with each other, limited edition or not. So why would another fan complain? It's silly. We should all want to share this and not be so ridiculous if others are still yearning to see this "limited edition" deluxe set.

Please re-stock!!!
    Christina
    For me, I'm upset for different reasons... I purchased a $70 Blu-Ray kit, and when I opened it, the individual disc sleeves were folded carelessly on angles so that the three discs hardly have enough room to fit in the PJ20 sleeve. In addition, my kit was sloppily shoved into my mailbox, and the outside as badly scraped and misshapen as a result. When I asked 10C about perhaps having an exchange done for a good condition box, I was told "you may return the item for refund. we do not have replacements." That was my whole email less a standard Ten Club mailing address signature. If I were selling a product for such a high price, there is absolutely no way I would sell my entire stock, when there is a potential for deficiencies, and customers want happiness - not refunds. While the content on this kit merits the price, its physical quality is sorely lacking.

I think the Ten Club needs to take a leaf out of many successful companies' philosophies, and start to focus on an end-to-end happiness solution for customers. Good notice on new products, tours, ticketing opportunities. Explicit information on press runs (especially when it comes to things like vinyl records or limited edition Blu-Ray releases). Polite, profesional email communication - either when it is requested, or when it is due. Expedient and/or trackable shipping. Accountability when things go wrong, and communication owning up to mistakes, and finding an adequate solution, not a duct tape fix. Finally, giving two shits when we register (really, generally very reasonable) complaints or issues, in the interests of bettering their business.
    Many businesses work ceaselessly to get valuable constructive criticism from their clients. Regrettably, from what I can tell, problems remain the same from year to year here.

Very well said. It's all of the reasons you listed that will make me strongly consider my renewal this year.
  • Options
    macci wrote:
    1689 posts?

Ha. Keep hoping. 10C has made it abundantly clear that they don't give a crap about how we feel in regards to this issue.

Of course, they could always prove me wrong by responding to the issues raised in this thread...but that's not bloody likely now is it?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Yes exactly. To all the Blu Ray/DVD owners - how would the release of more copies affect the enjoyment of your copy any less?

well ... i got a copy and i already said that i am all for more copies to be made for everyone that wants one ... and i even said i would lend it to anyone in my neck of the woods ...

my point is simply that once something has been marketed as LE - they can't go and make any more because of how they sold it to begin with ...

my friend collects figurines and those things sell out in like 2 mins ... there is no way the producer would be allowed to reproduce more ...

if i had to speculate - i would think 10C is beating themselves a bit here making it an LE item ... i am guessing they didn't think that many people would want them and in order to facilitate its sale - they made it LE ... think about it - if they knew they could sell a few more hundred of these dvds ... why wouldn't they? ... they could even have a presale so that they knew exactly how many more to print ... the reason is they can't ... they dug their grave as soon as they made it LE ... now their hands are tied ...
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    macci wrote:
    1689 posts?

Ha. Keep hoping. 10C has made it abundantly clear that they don't give a crap about how we feel in regards to this issue.

Of course, they could always prove me wrong by responding to the issues raised in this thread...but that's not bloody likely now is it?

We're better off waiting to hear from Cameron Crowe since he already responded to someone.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Yes exactly. To all the Blu Ray/DVD owners - how would the release of more copies affect the enjoyment of your copy any less?

well ... i got a copy and i already said that i am all for more copies to be made for everyone that wants one ... and i even said i would lend it to anyone in my neck of the woods ...

my point is simply that once something has been marketed as LE - they can't go and make any more because of how they sold it to begin with ...

my friend collects figurines and those things sell out in like 2 mins ... there is no way the producer would be allowed to reproduce more ...

if i had to speculate - i would think 10C is beating themselves a bit here making it an LE item ... i am guessing they didn't think that many people would want them and in order to facilitate its sale - they made it LE ... think about it - if they knew they could sell a few more hundred of these dvds ... why wouldn't they? ... they could even have a presale so that they knew exactly how many more to print ... the reason is they can't ... they dug their grave as soon as they made it LE ... now their hands are tied ...

I completely get your point and would understand it if it was, say, a poster or even a limited edition packaging/colouted vinyl (where everyone can access the music anyway). But when it's something like this where the footage is unavailable anywhere else, it's just a slap in the face. After hearing the reports of the poor picture quality, I don't feel so disappointed anymore. I mean, I'd still buy it if they restock it (yeah right that'll happen...) but there's no way in hell I will be paying over the odds for it elsewhere.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Big Bump....

Foos was good.. p.s Pearl Jam never play AAMI Park Melbourne sound is crap there..
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    Still kicking myself bump...
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Options
    IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see we're keeping this alive.
    We don't need them to make more copies of the LE Box, we just need a new edition that is only the three discs in simple packaging. No conflict there with what's already been released. C'mon, PJ, just do it. Tweet, tweet, tweet!
    Post edited by IndyDave on

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    IndyDave wrote:
    Glad to see we're keeping this alive.
    We don't need a them to make more copies of the LE Box, we just need a new edition that is only the three discs in simple packaging. No conflict there with what's already been released. C'mon, PJ, just do it. Tweet, tweet, tweet!

Must be well over 500 now.. common give us some christmas cheer... please ..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bumb for the guys didnt get it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I am on this one too. BUMP the BUMP
    In love with music
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Better Dan wrote:
    macci wrote:
    1689 posts?

We're better off waiting to hear from Cameron Crowe since he already responded to someone.

someone = me ;)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    BUMP :twisted:
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Anyone want a Metallica Fan Can VI Blu ray for a deluxe PJ20 blu ray ?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021