Comments

• Options
    Tebow has a career passer rating...
    In the postseason....
    Of...

Not to shabby

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Tebow has a career passer rating...
    In the postseason....
    Of...

Not to shabby

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    mca47 wrote:
    Fuck...

That was a fun game!!!!

Praise the Lord!!!
    :lol: !
    I find Tebow refreshing...

Im not a religious person....
    I dont believe in God....

But what the fuck...
    This guy seems to be a likeable guy....
    Even with all his PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!
    I don't like him. I want him to fail! :lol:

Actually my thing is just him going on about it all the damn time. It's like if I was a football star and talked about popcicles all the time. Eventually....people would get sick of it! "Ugh...again with the popcicles..."
    :lol:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,269
    :o i missed the game cuz i was at work, but the dude wins
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,137
    Incredible game and TT earned himself $250k for the win which I predicted. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I think it's great that kids are starving all over the world, there's slavery, depleting resources, class warfare, war, and disease, and God is focusing on what really matters: the Denver Broncos' playoff run.

Jesus is LORD!
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    I think it's great that kids are starving all over the world, there's slavery, depleting resources, class warfare, war, and disease, and God is focusing on what really matters: the Denver Broncos' playoff run.

Jesus is LORD!
    I think its great that people like you....

Bring up starving kids, slavery, depletimng resources, class warfare, and disease......

When on a Rock and Roll bands message board....
    In a forum discussing a football player.....

Praise The Lord!!!
  • Options

Jesus is LORD!

Yes that's all true but remember it's ALL only a temporary distraction.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

Jesus is LORD!

Bring up starving kids, slavery, depletimng resources, class warfare, and disease......

Praise The Lord!!!

Sorry, I'll just ignore the issues of the world to make you happy.

Hey, Jesus'll save 'em all anyway. :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Jesus is LORD!

hahaha

Denver won this game because of (in order of importance):
    1. Their D
    2. Their O-Line
    3. Pitts Injuries
    4. Their D-Line
    5. Home Field
    6. Poor play from Big Ben

• Options

Jesus is LORD!

Praise The Lord!!!

Sorry, I'll just ignore the issues of the world to make you happy.

Hey, Jesus'll save 'em all anyway. :lol:
    No reason to ignore the issues....

But I have a feeling that none of these issues are going to get solved here, on this board.

Praise The National Football League!!!!!!
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Jesus is LORD!

hahaha

Denver won this game because of (in order of importance):
    1. Jesus

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    No reason to ignore the issues....

But I have a feeling that none of these issues are going to get solved here, on this board.

Praise The National Football League!!!!!!

There's a better chance of them getting solved on this message board than their is of them being solved by an imaginary Republican bodybuilder from outer space.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Congrats to Tebow and the Broncos. I was worried the Steelers would look past them, and they clearly did. They had no respect for the Broncos passing game and got taught a lesson in humility. Ike taylor had probably his worst day as a pro. You can't blame that loss on all the all the injuries, but on the players and coaches for not being prepared. Broncos clearly wanted that game more. The Pats and the Ravens must be thrilled.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Congrats to Tebow and the Broncos. I was worried the Steelers would look past them, and they clearly did. They had no respect for the Broncos passing game and got taught a lesson in humility. Ike taylor had probably his worst day as a pro. You can't blame that loss on all the all the injuries, but on the players and coaches for not being prepared. Broncos clearly wanted that game more. The Pats and the Ravens must be thrilled.

Well said, I think the Patriots will be just as concerned with the Horsemen as they would the Steelers. It will be just as tough to beat the Broncos even at home.

Peace

• Options
    Tebow's QBR rating (something ESPN does to rate QB performance) was the highest ever recorded in the playoffs, and against the #1 rated defense in the league, in what they, in the typical understated way of ESPN, call the QBR era , which is since 2008. I can't believe it's better than Aaron Rodgers against the Falcons last year, which was a total dismantling, but completing 3 passes of over 50 yds will boost a rating pretty quick.

The most comparable game I can think of is Namath going 15-28 with 496 yds 6 TDs and 1 pick in a 1972 duel with Unitas, which was probably Unitas' last game.

Peace

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,396
    All this talk about ONE player kinda shits on the OTHER 21 on the field , dontcha think? This isnt sour grapes from me, a steelers fan. Steelers simply didnt play their game of football. The Broncos did. Actually the broncos DIDNT play their game. They played somebody else's , otherwise , they wouldn't be in the playoffs or have advanced to round 2.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    mickeyrat wrote:
    All this talk about ONE player kinda shits on the OTHER 21 on the field , dontcha think? This isnt sour grapes from me, a steelers fan. Steelers simply didnt play their game of football. The Broncos did. Actually the broncos DIDNT play their game. They played somebody else's , otherwise , they wouldn't be in the playoffs or have advanced to round 2.
    See Reference: Orton, Kyle
    ;)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Has no one mentioned what a freakin' beast Demaryius Thomas is?

I'm convinced that Belichick hired Josh McDaniels back as he's the guy who drafted both Tebow and Thomas .... Belichick will use McDaniels knowledge of these two in order to beat the Broncos ... then, fire McDaniels in the offseason.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    jimed14 wrote:

I'm convinced that Belichick hired Josh McDaniels back as he's the guy who drafted both Tebow and Thomas .... Belichick will use McDaniels knowledge of these two in order to beat the Broncos ... then, fire McDaniels in the offseason.
    ^^^^ :lol::lol:

tebow made all the throws yesterday. the only one he missed was on their last possession where they maybe could have won it in regulation. I feared that miss would doom them but big ben ended up going backwards.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:

you mean the guy that actually did most of the work in scoring the winning touchdown? that guy?

well he doesn't have the christian evangelical marketing machine that tebus does ;)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    jimed14 wrote:
    You're the first one that has been able to spell his name. I don't have to google "Tim". :D
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:
    tebus
    :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    edited January 2012
    imalive wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

^^^^ :lol::lol:

tebow made all the throws yesterday. the only one he missed was on their last possession where they maybe could have won it in regulation. I feared that miss would doom them but big ben ended up going backwards.

Tebow was 10/21 for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Take away the final throw which...c'mon the receiver really should have been tackled, and his stats are:

9/20 for 236 yards and 1 TD.

Meh.
    Post edited by BinFrog on
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Tebow was 10/21 for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Take away the final throw which...c'mon the receiver really should have been tackled, and his stats are:

10/20 for 236 yards and 1 TD.

Meh.

It would actually be 9/20 if you take away that last completion ... and thus at 9 for 20 with 236 yards, that would be:

26.2 yards per completion ...
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... season.htm

11.8 yards per attempt ...

Those are not "meh"

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    jimed14 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

Meh.

It would actually be 9/20 if you take away that last completion ... and thus at 9 for 20 with 236 yards, that would be:

Those are not "meh"

I just re-read my post before seeing yours and fixed it :)

I just can't get behind any Tebow hooplah. His mechanics (and usually his numbers) are terrible and he's just not that good (yet). He did not pick apart the Pitt D...they imploded when he needed them to.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    i'm not a believer nor a fan ...

but you don't look at tebow's passing stats to judge him ... the kid rushed for like 50 yards and a td ... he's a hard guy to tackle ... that is his primary asset as a quarterback ... not his arm ... his passing stats are somewhat inflated because Defenses have to respect his running game ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i'm not a believer nor a fan ...

but you don't look at tebow's passing stats to judge him ... the kid rushed for like 50 yards and a td ... he's a hard guy to tackle ... that is his primary asset as a quarterback ... not his arm ... his passing stats are somewhat inflated because Defenses have to respect his running game ...

I agree with this. Yesterday's stats were an anomoly, they are not sustainable. If he stays the same, in the long run (doesn't improve his accuracy or abilty to read defenses), he will fail.

But, if the guy ever learns to be a decent QB, the other things he adds with his athlticism would make him pretty formidable.

That said, I'm pretty happy I don't have to bank on him being the QB I cheer for ... in the long run, I think the odds are against him.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    jimed14 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

Meh.

Those are not "meh"
    Let's not forget the Steelers DB's terrible playing and LeBau's bad game plans helped Tebow alot as well. Some of his completions were just awful throws.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I agree with this. Yesterday's stats were an anomoly, they are not sustainable. If he stays the same, in the long run (doesn't improve his accuracy or abilty to read defenses), he will fail.

But, if the guy ever learns to be a decent QB, the other things he adds with his athlticism would make him pretty formidable.

That said, I'm pretty happy I don't have to bank on him being the QB I cheer for ... in the long run, I think the odds are against him.

ya ... and let's not forget that O-Line ... and also, during this run - it really has been Denver's D that determines who wins ...