Options

Herman Cain resume. Read up. This is how you WIN

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    ....Cain would do anything to protect his wife of 43 years and yes he loves her dearly.

and yet he disrespected her enough to cheat on her.
    yes

so then you agree these womens stories have credence? that its not some big democratic stitch up to get rid of a strong candidate?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    pandora wrote:
    He spoke, had some good ideas or at least those that his followers agreed with.
    He is worthy of leading those who believe in him to another candidate.

The same thing could have been said of Hitler.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    so then you agree these womens stories have credence? that its not some big democratic stitch up to get rid of a strong candidate?
    Well I never thought it was a Democratic conspiracy ... did you :?

Credence? yes of course ... I have stated what I believe. You must not read my posts.

I also believe as I have stated,
    not knowing anything about a marriage of 43 years it is best not to judge the people in it.
    How they maintain that marriage, what makes them life partners.

This is not a good reason for a candidate to pull out, if it was it would have been a great reason
    for a President to resign ... and it was not.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    pandora wrote:

ha... Now Cain is Hitler... one track minds think alike perhaps

I guess he is backing Newt like I thought he would.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    pandora wrote:

Credence? yes of course ... I have stated what I believe. You must not read my posts.

not knowing anything about a marriage of 43 years it is best not to judge the people in it.

This is not a good reason for a candidate to pull out, if it was it would have been a great reason
    what is a good reason to pull out of the presidential race then?

if a 13 year affair and multiple sexual harrassment accusations with 2 settlements that we know of is not enough to demonstrate a man's character, then what, in your opinion, is??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

if a 13 year affair and multiple sexual harrassment accusations with 2 settlements that we know of is not enough to demonstrate a man's character, then what, in your opinion, is??
    Many are judging him and their marriage without having a clue.

Basing fact on rumor and here say and accusations.
    He was not even in the public arena when these unfounded unproven
    accusations were made.

Unlike Clinton who was in office and lied to the American
    people point blank.

Based on your question here can one assume you felt Clinton should have resigned
    at that point? You must not have felt him to have good character, certainly.
    That he could not be a good example to lead our country ....
    if you feel this strongly about only accusations towards Cain.

Or does this come down to party lines drawn?
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    pandora wrote:

ha... Now Cain is Hitler... one track minds think alike perhaps

I guess he is backing Newt like I thought he would.

I didn't say Cain was Hitler. I said 'the same thing could have been said of Hitler.'
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    accusations were made.

What makes you so sure the accusations are unfounded?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    accusations were made.

What makes you so sure the accusations are unfounded?
    I am not so sure but I as everyone do not know their personal situations.
    And so I will not find the man guilty based on unproven accusations.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I didn't say Cain was Hitler. I said 'the same thing could have been said of Hitler.'
    of course ... ;)
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    what is a good reason to pull out of the presidential race then? if a 13 year affair and multiple sexual harrassment accusations with 2 settlements that we know of is not enough to demonstrate a man's character, then what, in your opinion, is??

accusations were made.

people point blank.

Based on your question here can one assume you felt Clinton should have resigned

you did not answer my question.

clinton was a scumbag. but, do you know how his affair was found out? ken starr spent $47 million of our tax dollars investigating clinton and he had nothing on him. the only thing he could find was the lewinski affair and they wanted him out of office so badly they used that against him. he was impeached, but he did not get voted out by the people trying him, the congress. if ken starr had not spent your money then the affair would have most likely not been found out. lewinski was outed by linda tripp. cain had accusers come forward by their own free will. huge difference there....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    pandora wrote:
    what is a good reason to pull out of the presidential race then? if a 13 year affair and multiple sexual harrassment accusations with 2 settlements that we know of is not enough to demonstrate a man's character, then what, in your opinion, is??

accusations were made.

people point blank.

you did not answer my question.

clinton was a scumbag. but, do you know how his affair was found out? ken starr spent $47 million of our tax dollars investigating clinton and he had nothing on him. the only thing he could find was the lewinski affair and they wanted him out of office so badly they used that against him. he was impeached, but he did not get voted out by the people trying him, the congress. if ken starr had not spent your money then the affair would have most likely not been found out. lewinski was outed by linda tripp. cain had accusers come forward by their own free will. huge difference there....

your but is telling
    and you did not answer the questions I had for you either
    I have told here repeatedly why I think this is NOT(I won't make my hugely big :lol: )
    a good reason to leave the race.

Do you have proof of no additional monetary gain for the accusers?

Do you really think the Atlanta woman is doing this out of the goodness of her heart
    to inform America of the affair.

Perhaps, her 'well' ran dry and she was looking to get the cash flow running again.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

of course i read your posts.. tis why im seeking clarity.

you say that these womens stories have credence and yet youve stated in previous posts:

There certainly has been little proof so far of terrible wrong doings that should keep Cain
    form holding office.... just mud slinging.

Watching the news this am... I swear this is all fixed.

For me those kind of skeletons are irrelevant...
    even if they did exist

really no proof just hearsay from not the best sources either at this point

I guess he was a threat to someone in this campaign
    needed to throw some mud his way

I think he is speaking the truth... it was not an affair in his opinion
    just like Clinton didn't think it was having sex.

He may still come out with a partial confession and move on and maybe even back up
    in the polls. Like Clinton he has an enormous ego, not a bad thing for a President.

accusations were made.

so if as youve agreed that these womens stories have credence, then how can you say its mudslinging, its all fixed, no proof... just hearsay. how it is now possible that there is any credence to these women's stories??? and then you say he may still come out with a partial confession... a confession about what???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    I'm going to miss having Herman Cain in the news. He was so wacky... he and his supporters created a heck of a lot of comic relief.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I wonder what this asshole was trying to hide?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/de ... sachusetts

Mitt Romney's staff spent nearly $100,000 to hide records

Romney spent state funds to replace computers in his office at the end of his term as governor of Massachusetts in 2007

Guardian.co.uk, Monday 5 December 2011

Mitt Romney spent nearly $100,000 in state funds to replace computers in his office at the end of his term as governor of Massachusetts in 2007 as part of an unprecedented effort to keep his records secret, Reuters has learned.

The move during the final weeks of Romney's administration was legal but unusual for a departing governor, Massachusetts officials say.

The effort to purge the records was made a few months before Romney launched an unsuccessful campaign for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. He is again competing for the party's nomination, this time to challenge Barack Obama for the presidency in 2012.

Five weeks before the first contests in Iowa, Romney has seen his position as frontrunner among Republican presidential candidates whittled away in the polls as rival Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, has gained ground.

When Romney left the governorship of Massachusetts, 11 of his aides bought the hard drives of their state-issued computers to keep for themselves. Also before he left office, the governor's staff had emails and other electronic communications by Romney's administration wiped from state servers, state officials say.

Those actions erased much of the internal documentation of Romney's four-year tenure as governor, which ended in January 2007. Precisely what information was erased is unclear.

Republican and Democratic opponents of Romney say the scrubbing of emails – and a claim by Romney that paper records of his governorship are not subject to public disclosure – hinder efforts to assess his performance as a politician and elected official.

As Massachusetts governor Romney worked with a Democrat-led state house to close a budget shortfall and signed a healthcare overhaul that required nearly all state residents to buy insurance or face penalties.

The Massachusetts healthcare law became a model for Obama's nationwide healthcare programme, enacted into law in 2010. As a presidential candidate, however, Romney has criticised Obama's plan as an overreach by the federal government.

Massachusetts officials say they have no basis to believe Romney's staff violated any state laws or policies in removing his administration's records.

They acknowledge, however, that state law on maintaining and disclosing official records is vague and has not been updated to deal with issues related to digital records and other modern technology.

Romney's spokesmen emphasise that he followed the law and precedent in deleting the emails, installing new computers in the governor's office and buying up hard drives.

However, Theresa Dolan, former director of administration for the governor's office, told Reuters that Romney's efforts to control or wipe out records from his governorship were unprecedented.

Dolan said that in her 23 years as an aide to successive governors "no one had ever inquired about or expressed the desire" to purchase their computer hard drives before Romney's tenure.

The cleanup of records by Romney's staff before his term ended included spending $205,000 for a three-year lease on new computers for the governor's office, according to official documents and state officials.

In signing the lease Romney aides broke an earlier three-year lease that provided the same number of computers for about half the cost: $108,000.

Lease documents obtained by Reuters under the state's freedom of information law indicate that the broken lease still had 18 months to run.
    As a result of the change in leases the cost to the state for computers in the governor's office was an additional $97,000.

Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for Romney's presidential campaign, referred questions on the computer leasing deal and records removal to state officials.
    Last week Saul claimed that Deval Patrick, the present Massachusetts governor and a Democrat, was encouraging reports about Romney's records to cast the former governor as secretive. Patrick's office has not responded to that allegation.

The removal of digital records by Romney's staff, first reported by the Boston Globe, has sparked a wave of requests for state officials to release paper records from Romney's governorship that remain in the state archives.

Massachusetts officials are reviewing state law to determine whether the public should have access to those records.

The issue is clouded by a 1997 state court ruling that could be interpreted to mean that records of the Massachusetts governor are not subject to disclosure. Romney has asserted that his records are exempt from disclosure.

State officials and a longtime Romney adviser have acknowledged that before leaving office Romney asked state archives officials for permission to destroy certain paper records. It is unclear whether his office notified anyone from the state before destroying electronic records.

Officials have said the details of Romney's request to remove paper records, such as what specific documents he wanted to destroy, could be made public only in response to a request under the state's freedom of information law. Reuters has filed such a request.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    to hell with political campaign charades
    i'd rather dig a hole in the earth.\
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    to hell with political campaign charades
    i'd rather dig a hole in the earth.\

dont forget to take a snack. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm going to miss having Herman Cain in the news. He was so wacky... he and his supporters created a heck of a lot of comic relief.
    a sense of humor very important :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

of course i read your posts.. tis why im seeking clarity.

you say that these womens stories have credence and yet youve stated in previous posts:

There certainly has been little proof so far of terrible wrong doings that should keep Cain
    form holding office.... just mud slinging.

Watching the news this am... I swear this is all fixed.

For me those kind of skeletons are irrelevant...
    even if they did exist

really no proof just hearsay from not the best sources either at this point

I guess he was a threat to someone in this campaign
    needed to throw some mud his way

I think he is speaking the truth... it was not an affair in his opinion
    just like Clinton didn't think it was having sex.

He may still come out with a partial confession and move on and maybe even back up
    in the polls. Like Clinton he has an enormous ego, not a bad thing for a President.

accusations were made.

so if as youve agreed that these womens stories have credence, then how can you say its mudslinging, its all fixed, no proof... just hearsay. how it is now possible that there is any credence to these women's stories??? and then you say he may still come out with a partial confession... a confession about what???
    do you not think mud slinging is based in some truth?

I do believe this is possible.

This where I give credence ... not to all the accusations nor to how you and others
    may view what Mr Cain and his wife think and feel about the situation.

A partial confession would be what he has said already. :?
    The thought had occurred to me he might confess as Clinton did to lies
    and betrayal though, hoping for a similar outcome.

Again my stance... this is not sufficient wrong doing to be excluded from the race.
    I view it as media bullying and probably more.

No one can judge a marriage of 43 years nor the reasons for infidelity of the partners
    within the marriage if indeed there was. Most especially the media and American people.
    It is personal business that happened outside of public office and had no business
    in the race.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Again my stance... this is not sufficient wrong doing to be excluded from the race.

No one can judge a marriage of 43 years nor the reasons for infidelity of the partners
    within the marriage if indeed there was. Most especially the media and American people.
    It is personal business that happened outside of public office and had no business
    in the race.

Why don't you answer Gimme's question? The question that you sidestepped earlier.

Here, I'll post it again for you:

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    pandora wrote:

in the race.

Why don't you answer Gimme's question? The question that you sidestepped earlier.

Here, I'll post it again for you:

gimmesometruth27 side stepped my questions also

but that question is off topic

we are discussing Herman Cain
    and don't ask me about my birds! I learned a valuable lesson, as others can
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,134
    g under p wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Pandora, I don't see how Ginger at this point can get a dime from Cain for coming forward with her claim. I don't think they want to be within miles of each other and since he loves his wife 43 years dearly he wouldn't dare come anywhere close to her. It doesn't really matter now his campaign run this year is over but he should come back in 2016 due to him being such a carasmatic kind of guy who wears really kool hats.

I think a snake would prefer a really fat rat sort of like Cain. :)

I've been through the hardship of a cheating spouse, nothing about it was easy. Did I protect her, no...if the cat came out the back then so be it....then don't go down that road of deception and disrespect.

When I spoke of "the abused" I was speaking of those who have been abused domestically, raped, children etc. they find it difficult to come forward due to their abuse being rehashed, and their history being scrutinized.

Pandora YES it is possible you know about men here, only one can preach a sermon better about anything or nothing than any other man on here?

Yes Cain did everything to protect his wife he loved so dearly he said he kept it from her for atleast 13 years and now has to say goodbye to his campaign. Smart guy who some mistakes thinking none of this would possibly come forth. Woot!

Peace to all.

Of course she is not going to get money from Cain but she will get money for her story...

wow, how sarastic and attacking you have become ... peace :?
    perhaps you should remove that signature for times when you are not
    emitting that vibe towards another... it feels hypocritical.

Why if you think Cain is so rotten do you believe a words he says ...
    why do you believe those words? It is clear he is protecting her image.

The man has a huge ego pretty obvious ... just like Clinton... this clouds judgement
    and good choices. This they are both guilty of.

Who will give her money for her story...this claim of hers is dead the man Cain has suspended his campaign. Now when he runs again that's another story.

Attacking whom? I said its possible you know about men here, notice I did Not say YOU.... I said only ONE can preach etc. Now if you think you are that ONE then that's up to you.

MY PEACE will not be removed you already know that.

I never ever said Cain is rotten I like the guy, he does wear kool hats.....as a presidential candidate though I didnt like his foreign policy, supposed conservative running on family values with several claims from women that has apparently forced him to suspend his campaign. Ok you believe its clear he's protecting her image fine, then why would a man with such a healthy ego need to protect her image over his own unless he had something else he wanted hidden, possibly sexual activity?

Peace

Well it's all over now and he did very well in light of the accusations against him. I do believe he will come back, his ego,the limelight and the unfinished business of a failed presidency run will bring him forward once again.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pandora wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    a sense of humor very important :D
    I found out that he closed out his campaign with a quote from a Poke-Man Movie:
    Let me leave you with this, and I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie. The media pointed that out; I’m not sure who the original author is, so don’t go write an article about the poem. But it says a lot about where I am, where I am with my wife and my family, and where we are as a nation.
    Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line, but you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me, just look inside and you will find just what you can do. Just look inside and you will find just what you can do.”
    ref. http://blog.4president.org/2012/2011/12 ... aucus.html
    Of all the movies to choose from... with ALL of those inspirational monologues (not to mention all of the poems and books in the world... including The Bible)... Herman Cain chooses a Poke-Man movie!!! Seriously, this is golden comedy that not comedy write could think of. You wouldn't even find a diamond like this in 'South Park' or 'Family Guy'. Classic speech that will be laughed at for a long time.
    Add: The quote... lyrics from the end credits song... sung by Donna Summers. The song was written by Mervyn Warren and Mark Chait.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line, but you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me, just look inside and you will find just what you can do. Just look inside and you will find just what you can do.”

I likee :D

I wonder if that was a special time in his family's history, it was for mine.
    Pokemon 1996 my kids 10 and 12

perhaps a grandchild now really likes Pokemon .... it was a blast word from the past for me
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,134
    pandora wrote:
    Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line, but you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me, just look inside and you will find just what you can do. Just look inside and you will find
    just what you can do
    .”

perhaps a grandchild now really likes Pokemon .... it was a blast word from th

past for me

I hope Cain will give the movie it's cred or has given the movie it's quote credits.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    you did not respect my question enough to answer it... it was a very simple question. i found your answer to that question was essential to me making my next point to further the discussion. which you did not do...so until you answer that, as far as i am concerned, my discussion with you in this thread is through. responding to questions is part of give and take and advancing debate. if you slight me by ignoring my questions i will treat your questions the same way. fair enough?
    pandora wrote:

• Options
    you did not respect my question enough to answer it... it was a very simple question. i found your answer to that question was essential to me making my next point to further the discussion. which you did not do...so until you answer that, as far as i am concerned, my discussion with you in this thread is through. responding to questions is part of give and take and advancing debate. if you slight me by ignoring my questions i will treat your questions the same way. fair enough?
    pandora wrote:

I respect you greatly probably far more than you I.

I didn't answer because I was unprepared at the time. I needed to think more about it all.
    I still don't have a clear idea but if a thread is created I will try to verbalize how I feel about that.

But after my reprimand yesterday for being off topic I will try to stay with the topic
    and this thread is about Herman Cain's run for the Presidency and the problems he has had.

Not what dirt qualifies someone to leave the Presidential race and my opinion on that.

I am a fair person and understand how you feel. I am sorry for slighting you.
    And if you feel you should slight or ignore me I understand that too.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line, but you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me, just look inside and you will find just what you can do. Just look inside and you will find
    just what you can do
    .”

perhaps a grandchild now really likes Pokemon .... it was a blast word from th

past for me

I hope Cain will give the movie it's cred or has given the movie it's quote credits.

Peace
    I liked how very simple it was written really ... like for a child
    direct to the point with a hint of hope
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I liked how very simple it was written really ... like for a child
    direct to the point with a hint of hope
    Like for a child because... do you know what Poke-Man is? Because if you do, then, surely you know why it was written for a child.
    This is how Herman Cain talks to you... to the American people... like we are children. Children too naive to understand politics.
    That is the joke. That is what makes me laugh. That Cain tries to explain politics in simple terms... to people who already know how complicated politics is. Cain plays to the back end of the curve and Americans understand this.
    I'm beginning to believe that the only reason why the Republican Party let Cain in the running is to show the American people how sane Mitt Romney is... Romney's bumper stickers can be: "Mitt Romney in 2012. At least he's not as lame as Herman Cain."
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I'm giving this ad a 9/10 on the bizzare scale, an 7/10 on the disturbing scale, and an 8/10 on the unintentional comedy scale. Ladies and Gents, the Cain-miester is back!

It involves a bunny, a catapult, a shotgun, and a former front runner for the GOP primary ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpN5C1_flQ&feature=player_embedded