2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• I can see both sides on the interference non call.....obviously I am biased in which way I saw it. Rangers had back to back power play chances in first ot and got no shots. Hard to kill. The cockroach Kings
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,396
    Another fortunate win for the Kings. Unfortunately for the Rangers, I think the Kings are a better team on the road in these playoffs.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    The Kings have gotten so many lucky bounces this playoffs.
    I miss igotid88
    It's the playoffs. It's all bounces. They've had a ton of unlucky bounces too.
  • All of these firsts cannot be due to luck. (3 games 7s on road....coming back from 0-2 deficits in 3 straight playoff games etc)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    I'll be the first to give the Kings credit, hell of a hockey team. Last night however, I can't shake the feeling the rug was pulled out from the Ranger's feet. That missed goalie interference call was the deciding factor and if the ref gets that (obvious) call correct, the Rangers skate away with a 4-2 win. The tone of the game changed completely after that. Zero denying that no matter who you root for.

The Rangers took a heavily favored team to OT twice I'm a row, played some gritty hockey and one less turnover (game one) and a shot in off the post (game two) the Rangers are the ones going back to MSG up 2-0. But what are you going to do? Game of inches and the Rangers have to believe they can now take two straight on their home ice.
  • While I understand the feeling on the non call I think stating that if that call gets made the rangers skate away with a 4-2 victory sort of ignores all of the comebacks the kings have made. Was it a turning point? Yes of course it was 1 of 2 goals needed to tie the game in a short period if time. No way to know what happens if they blow the whistle and disallow the goal.
    Credit to the rangers for how well they played in the first half of both games. If they can find a way to maintain that speed and space this is very much a series that is still winnable despite what looks like an uphill climb to win 4 of 5.
    Monday night is going to be another battle. Good luck rangers fans!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    For a team supposedly that much better then the rangers, sure need a lot of help to close us out. We had an opportinuty to win both games and we didn't. Now we have to see what this teams really made of. As good as the kings are, they're not that much better then us. We had the lead in both games and let it slip. Game 2, well,!that was straight bullshit. Still have to win 4 games so let's see how the respond.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    1n 1993 Montreal won 10 of 16 games in OT and is considered one of the great playoff runs of all-time. Los Angeles winning 3 straight games 7's on the road, winning the first 2 games in OT and overcoming 2-0 deficits in both games amazing. If they go on to win the cup this team will be considered as having one of those great playoff runs. Of course their not that much better than NY ... going into the playoffs each and every year any of the 16 teams could win it under the right circumstances. As for the goal that non call ... really it was up to NY to build on their 2 goal leads, they never did, it was brutal non call, they still had the lead, that non call did not decide the game ... what decided both games was NY inability to beat Quick in the clutch moments.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    nice going western Flyers (aka Kings). :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited June 2014
    Interesting factoid that I read today....kings are 11-0 since dec 2011 when ohallern is officiating a game at home. Chicago was 0-5 and missed the 2 offside goals that were scored against them in the last round and the high stick goal that was not called back.

Sorry, meant McCauley
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Better teams find the way to win....which is how the rangers and kings made it through the gauntlet that is the Stanley cup playoffs to get to the finals. If they hold serve it goes to a game 7 and anything can happen.
    Referees don't call offsides ... Linesman do. Agree^^^better teams find ways. So far NY failure to score clutch goals and LA ability to score these goals are the difference.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 said:

Referees don't call offsides ... Linesman do. Agree^^^better teams find ways. So far NY failure to score clutch goals and LA ability to score these goals are the difference.

lukin2006 said:

So on your theory, the rangers are better then pens right? I mean, u said better teams find ways to win. I get it, u HATE the rangers, I think we all get it. And I know refs dnt call offsides, I was just pointing out that when McCauley refs, the kings are 11-0 at home. Pretty crazy coincidence no ??
    And the conn smythe winner for the most valuable player in the 2014 playoff goes to..... This fucking asshole.

• Lol ^^^

I like the rangers actually and rooted hard for them up until this round. The rangers were the better team this playoff then the pens that is why the pens fired everyone and are playing golf. This isn't football with a fluke game these are best of 7 and I give the rangers huge props. Like I said if they win at home they have the chance to win the series in 6 or 7.
    The rangers this year were the best in the east ... Duh. Not quite sure I've seen this much whining from a teams fan base like some of you Ranger fans ,,, but it's all good.

lukin2006 said:

The rangers this year were the best in the east ... Duh. Not quite sure I've seen this much whining from a teams fan base like some of you Ranger fans ,,, but it's all good.

:)) :)) :))

Short term memory much from the Rangers/Habs series? Please... Canadians are STILL whining about Price's injury. So what do the kids say these days? Go troll elsewhere.
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

Short term memory much from the Rangers/Habs series? Please... Canadians are STILL whining about Price's injury. So what do the kids say these days? Go troll elsewhere.
    So show me exactly where I've gone on and on about the referees like you, just show me. Seriously dude ... the Rangers aren't losing this series because of refereeing, they are not scoring clutch goals and they have not built upon 2-0 leads and Quick has been absolutely shutdown when his team needs him most. I don't think I'v ever said the Rangers weren't a good team because obviously they are ... I don't understand what Price or Pittsburgh or Crosby have to do with the finals since neither are in the finals, but for some strange reason they keep popping up even though they are no longer involved ... but since we are on the subject of Price I didn't say a whole lot other than I thought it was a careless play that took him out and he's a difference maker ... other than now I haven't discussed anything other than the participants of the final and stating my opinion ... your free to disagree or discuss the finals ... a little curious as to what Price, Crosby or Pittsburgh has to do with the finals?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Between this and the scheduling preloaded excuse earlier in the playoffs...

The Rangers had 4-5 point blank chances to win that game in OT. They couldnt convert.
    edited June 2014
    lukin2006 said:

rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

So show me exactly where I've gone on and on about the referees like you, just show me. Seriously dude ... the Rangers aren't losing this series because of refereeing, they are not scoring clutch goals and they have not built upon 2-0 leads and Quick has been absolutely shutdown when his team needs him most. I don't think I'v ever said the Rangers weren't a good team because obviously they are ... I don't understand what Price or Pittsburgh or Crosby have to do with the finals since neither are in the finals, but for some strange reason they keep popping up even though they are no longer involved ... but since we are on the subject of Price I didn't say a whole lot other than I thought it was a careless play that took him out and he's a difference maker ... other than now I haven't discussed anything other than the participants of the final and stating my opinion ... your free to disagree or discuss the finals ... a little curious as to what Price, Crosby or Pittsburgh has to do with the finals?
    i wasn't specifically talking about you or any other fans on this forum. you said you haven't seen this much whining from a fan base and i simply disagreed saying hab fans whined FAR more last series than any ranger fan has thus far in this series. and to further the point in other hockey forums, articles, postings i subscribe to there is still a slew of hab fans complaining about the injury to price. that's the only point i was trying to make. i wasn't trying to call anyone out here, not at all. and i stopped talking about crosby weeks ago.

enough of all that though, i am just gutted and beaten down knowing that this ranger team could be the ones up 2-0. not an easy pill to swallow. hope the moral in the locker room is better than that of the fans!

LGR!
    MayDay10 said:

Between this and the scheduling preloaded excuse earlier in the playoffs...

The Rangers had 4-5 point blank chances to win that game in OT. They couldnt convert.

if richards buries that puck on the doorstep in the first (maybe second) OT, his name and the word buyout does not get brought up in this offseason...

rival. said:

And the conn smythe winner for the most valuable player in the 2014 playoff goes to..... This fucking asshole.

Oh shit that's sooooo fucken true and funny! How did he even explain it to hank with a straight face. I'd of laughed in his face and called him a liar! I dnt even think lukin or sabers fan can deny that that was interference. And the puck thrown into the crowd rite before they scored the game winner, well fuck, that ref so adamant about it hitting the glass and it DIDNT. No doubt we should've buried our chances and we DIDNT. But, I still love our chances because anything can happen. Bathy said it best, they've led zero times throughout the series. Time for us to rally the troops and take it to then full force no stopping. We can still do this, I know it. Let's go rangers!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    There is no face palm emoticon big enough and more animated enough to sum up this game.
    Way to show up on your home ice Rangers. Pathetic.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    rival. said:

Way to show up on your home ice Rangers. Pathetic.

Yeah they are getting worked.
  • Quick was amazing and once they got the two goal lead they played some smart hockey. Tough pill for rangers fans to swallow I'm sure.

Quick was amazing and once they got the two goal lead they played some smart hockey. Tough pill for rangers fans to swallow I'm sure.

Easier to swallow than games one and two. If you are going to get beat I'd rather them get worked than have heart breaking OT games. Rusty knife digs deep on those.
    Quick's first game in MSG a shut out.That was the Kings. They are a better road team in the playoffs. Way to lock it down!