2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Huge win for LA. Great game even though it wasn't perfect play from either team.
    I wonder why Doc Emerik didn't call the game, he's my favorite announcer..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    norm said:

unfuckingbelievable

go Kings

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I think Emrick is awful. To the point where its nearly game-ruining.

Bob Cole is how its done
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    FrankieG said:

Huge win for LA. Great game even though it wasn't perfect play from either team.
    I wonder why Doc Emerik didn't call the game, he's my favorite announcer..

He had a death in the family and will be back for game 2.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10 said:

Bob Cole is how its done

Bummed we dont get to hear Bob Cole here, or get to watch HNIC. When I was a kid we got CBC (in VT) and I still miss HNIC and Grapes all of these years later.

I keep meaning to put on iheartradio to the kings broadcasts and try to catch Bob Miller. Miss hearing his calls -- he is a hall of famer.

I also think Emrick is awful. I liken him to Dan Dierdorf in NFL calling.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    kenny albert mentioned at the beginning of the broadcast that he was filling in for emerick, who had a death in his family.

emerick is okay. i never had strong emotions towards him one way or another. kenny albert on the other hand... his voice just puts me to sleep. i feel bad for the western conference fan base as they were stuck with him during the first three rounds while the east had emerick.

you can't beat gary thorne. game, set, match.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MayDay10 said:

Bob Cole is how its done

Bob Cole is 80 and just signed a contract to continue broadcasting games on Rogers Sportsnet next year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon

MayDay10 said:

Bob Cole is how its done

Bummed we dont get to hear Bob Cole here, or get to watch HNIC. When I was a kid we got CBC (in VT) and I still miss HNIC and Grapes all of these years later.

I keep meaning to put on iheartradio to the kings broadcasts and try to catch Bob Miller. Miss hearing his calls -- he is a hall of famer.

All CBC games are streamed live over the internet as well as coach's corner ... plus CBC keeps back episodes of coach's corner.

Personally I can't stand NBC's hockey coverage.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

I don't know LA keeps doing it ... they play 3 straight 7 game series, win 3 game 7's all on the road ... start the final with only 2 days rest come out sluggish in period 1 and are far and away the dominant team by the end of the game ... and now with an extra day off before game 2 that should be to the advantage of the kings. The Rangers are going to need Lundquist to probably steal more than 1 game.

NBCSportsPR @nbcsportspr
    Top 5 Markets for last night's Stanley Cup Final Game 1: NY, 10.1; Buffalo, 8.5; L.A., 7.1; Boston, 6.8; Providence, 5.4.

NBC is awful. I agree. Everything about it sucks and quite honestly drives me, a hockey fan, away from watching it. I watch games on CBC as do many people in the Buffalo area, which makes the rating number above pretty extraordinary.

Saw Bob Cole signed on with Rogers. Good news, however, I dont think I have any way of tuning in. Stuck with shitty USA broadcasts.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    We lost this game because of fucktard girardi. He has 8 points in the playoffs but is a -1. He's on the ice for almost every goal and shitty deflection. That crazy save hank had in game 6 Montreal, deflected by girardi and almost into the net. He's so awful rite now. I hope he doesn't turn out to be that guy that signs that huge contract and decides to retire while still playing. I would've had more respect for him of he just came out and said "we lost cuz of my dumb ass play". He fucken threw the puck rite to the kings!
  • lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

Bob Cole is how its done

All CBC games are streamed live over the internet as well as coach's corner ... plus CBC keeps back episodes of coach's corner.

Yeah my buddy turned me on to Coach's Corner on the net a few years back. I think NBC is better than Fox. Holy shit their incessant advertising on screen and the puck tracker abomination almost drove me to not watch shit when they had it.
    easy to point fingers and i am sure lundqvist wants that 2nd goal back.

that's why you have to win four! heave-ho into game two.

lukin2006 said:

MayDay10 said:

Bob Cole is how its done

Yeah my buddy turned me on to Coach's Corner on the net a few years back. I think NBC is better than Fox. Holy shit their incessant advertising on screen and the puck tracker abomination almost drove me to not watch shit when they had it.
    Fox was tough. Especially in the beginning when they were set on trying so much unnecessary innovation.

ESPN did it the best (USA-wise). They would have done well this time too. NBC/Comcast matched ESPN's bid and NHL went with them without giving ESPN a chance to up it.

Its a shame because NBC is bad. NBC Sports/OLN/Versus or whatever is not a major station for most people and usually is up a few tiers on packages. Extra games are relegated to CNBC or something where I dont/never look (during the olympics I couldnt figure out where Curling was until the final 2 days).

People shit on ESPN, but their event coverage is second to none.
    rival. said:

Tell me u didn't think,"oh shit, here it comes." when girardi whiffed on the clearing? It's funny, the guys I watched the game with last night all we're saying how shitty he's been in every playoff series so far. He looked so lost vs the flyers and continues to cough up the puck in the wrong zone or time and seems to always be on the ice when the other team scores.
    badbrains said:

rival. said:

Tell me u didn't think,"oh shit, here it comes." when girardi whiffed on the clearing? It's funny, the guys I watched the game with last night all we're saying how shitty he's been in every playoff series so far. He looked so lost vs the flyers and continues to cough up the puck in the wrong zone or time and seems to always be on the ice when the other team scores.
    was holding my breath when the kings had the puck, but they coughed it up to girardi, so i started to breathing again, then girardi coughed it up himself so i stopped breathing again and the rest is history... went to bed pissed off.
    girardi has been brutal all playoffs. very lost around the top of hank's crease, making ill advised blind passes, not confident with the puck. don't know what the heck his deal is!
    The Rangers were outshot 29-12 after the 1st period. I wouldnt put it all on Girardi. It was a matter of time until the Kings won that game.
    MayDay10 said:

The Rangers were outshot 29-12 after the 1st period. I wouldnt put it all on Girardi. It was a matter of time until the Kings won that game.

Not for nothing but we should've and could've buried them last night and we DIDNT. For all this talk about how bad ass the kings are, they are a great team, we buried ourselves, especially girardi. We lost game 1 and it's frustrating, but, the series just began and let's see how we react to this loss, especially girardi. Rival, I agree bro, he's been lost since the flyers series and has no clue what the fuck is going on. Better step up!
    MayDay10 said:

Agreed ... LA continues to impress me, going into last night game they had played 21 playoff games ... if they sweep I believe they'll tie the record for most games in the the playoffs at 25 it has taken to win the cup ... not likely to sweep so if they do win they could set a record. I thought this game was a given for NY, really didn't see LA having much in the tank after such a tough emotional series with Chicago. LA should be fine now ... NY will really need Lundquist to be his absolute best.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    nice win Kings! Only 3 more to go now :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    some of these are great
    instagram.com/ak47_studios
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • The Barney Canuck one is awesome
    Some excellent hockey in these finals...4-4...back to back OT to start the finals sweeeeet! You can never count these kings out.

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    lukin2006 said:

Some excellent hockey in these finals...4-4...back to back OT to start the finals sweeeeet! You can never count these kings out.

Was BS they didn't call that interference on the kings third goal. I am a casual hockey fan and even I could tell in full speed he was impeding the goalie.
    lukin2006 said:

You're absolutely right, especially when the refs seem to swallow the whistle and look the other way when the kings lay on our goalie.

• JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    NHL Playoff Hockey is one of the greatest sports events, if not the greatest.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    JV130312 said:

NHL Playoff Hockey is one of the greatest sports events, if not the greatest.

I agree, I don't follow the sport closely but I love going to games. I think if the NBA didn't have so much stoppage and wussy fouls these days, it could be crazy intense too.
  • Ot hockey is heart attack a minute. Fun stuff.
    Hey I got no dog in the fight so I particularly don't care about the officiating ... As long as it good hockey I'm happy.

As for the officiating .... It's the NHL what do you expect, its what it is.