2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

IMO opinion if you don't win you don't deserve a point just for forcing games into OT.

what does that have anything to do with the parity in the nhl?
    Because that's what's creating parity ... Without those points for OT loss most of the bubble teams would be 10 or so points back with 17-18 games left ... Not an impossible deficit to make up, but very difficult to make up.

Like I said its a matter of opinion I don't agree with rewarding a participation point. A loss is a loss, your reward for forcing OT should be a shot a winning the game ... And maybe there would be far fewer overtimes if team knew they'd get no extra point just for getting to OT, maybe the last 5 minutes in a tie games teams would go for it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    lukin2006 said:

Can I tell you, that being there in person, it was HELLA scary to watch. I am so glad the surgery was successful and that he'll be OK. What if he was driving alone or at home alone when that happened? How frightening!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Tuevo Teravainen making his debut for the Blackhawks tonight. Looking forward to seeing what the kid has to offer. Likely #2C of the future for the Hawks.
    drivingrl said:

lukin2006 said:

Can I tell you, that being there in person, it was HELLA scary to watch. I am so glad the surgery was successful and that he'll be OK. What if he was driving alone or at home alone when that happened? How frightening!
    Glad he's going to be ok ... and kudos to the medical personnel for their quick work. Detroit had a similar incident with Jiri Fischer a few years back ... unfortunately he never played again, here's hoping your guy plays again.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Tuevo Teravainen making his debut for the Blackhawks tonight. Looking forward to seeing what the kid has to offer. Likely #2C of the future for the Hawks.

I was shocked to hear Joel Quenville had won his 700th game last week as a head coach ... I had no idea he has coached that long ... heck of a coach though.

it's looking bleak for the Canadian franchises ... possibly only Montreal gets in, Toronto and Vancouver have a chance.

lukin2006 said:

I was shocked to hear Joel Quenville had won his 700th game last week as a head coach ... I had no idea he has coached that long ... heck of a coach though.
    Yeah, he has won a shitload of games. He won a lot of games in St. Louis before coming to Chicago. He makes some questionable decisions at times, but the whole 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years thing is hard to complain about.

• Montreal Canadiens swept Buffalo Sabres last night, something they haven't done in 35 years. It is also their 2nd game in a row against Buffalo in which they shut him out (and with two different goalies). And Max Pacioretty scored his 100th career goal last night. He really came a long way since coming back from a career-threatening neck injury in March 2011.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    leafs are toast ... as painful as it is to see them crumble - maybe they will finally do the right thing and fire this coach ... the team was really lucky to be where they were a few weeks ago but now it's all crumbled ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672

Montreal Canadiens swept Buffalo Sabres last night, something they haven't done in 35 years. It is also their 2nd game in a row against Buffalo in which they shut him out (and with two different goalies). And Max Pacioretty scored his 100th career goal last night. He really came a long way since coming back from a career-threatening neck injury in March 2011.

Buffalo is on pace to be the worst-scoring NHL team in nearly 80 years
    polaris_x said:

leafs are toast ... as painful as it is to see them crumble - maybe they will finally do the right thing and fire this coach ... the team was really lucky to be where they were a few weeks ago but now it's all crumbled ...

Maybe it's not just the coach, maybe the real problem of the team are the suits. Just like Edmonton all those high draft picks and look how terrible they are.

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

Maybe it's not just the coach, maybe the real problem of the team are the suits. Just like Edmonton all those high draft picks and look how terrible they are.
    the way i see it ... their inability to play in the defensive end, their futile pp is all coaching ... also phaneuf is way overrated ... so, maybe the suits are partly to blame ...

lukin2006 said:

Yeah, he has won a shitload of games. He won a lot of games in St. Louis before coming to Chicago. He makes some questionable decisions at times, but the whole 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years thing is hard to complain about.

2 championships...that makes you overlook some mistakes. I don't think more titles are out of he question.

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

the way i see it ... their inability to play in the defensive end, their futile pp is all coaching ... also phaneuf is way overrated ... so, maybe the suits are partly to blame ...
    True ... I was thinking more along the lines of complete overall up top and bringing in people from organizations that have titles. But a big part of me wonders as long as the leafs are a cash cow is winning the number priority?

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

True ... I was thinking more along the lines of complete overall up top and bringing in people from organizations that have titles. But a big part of me wonders as long as the leafs are a cash cow is winning the number priority?
    ya ... because playoffs are where teams make their money ... and we know mlse loves money ... the talent is there on this team - you see it on a nightly basis ... it's just this system they employ defensively is horrible and no one can win a face off ...
    polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

ya ... because playoffs are where teams make their money ... and we know mlse loves money ... the talent is there on this team - you see it on a nightly basis ... it's just this system they employ defensively is horrible and no one can win a face off ...
    hey it don't matter to ... this teams only made the playoffs once in the last 8-9 years ... keep changing coaches and keep changing general managers, but somebody higher is making the decision on who to hire as gm who then hires the coach ... eventually he needs to be held accountable ... pretty simple really.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Heck of a win by the Grand Rapids Griffins against Toronto last night.
    It wasn't that long ago that Toronto was battling Tampa and Montreal for 2nd and 3rd in the division. So yeah I guess Toronto sucks.

I think I'd want to avoid the 8th seed ... Boston looks like a beast.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The BRUINS are on FIYA after beating the Flyers today.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    4 big points for Detroit this weekend
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Not looking good for Chicago right now. No Kane, Toews is now out. Not much season left. Hope they heal in time for the playoffs or we're toast! (Especially since we can't figure out Varlamov when we do have them)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 said:

It wasn't that long ago that Toronto was battling Tampa and Montreal for 2nd and 3rd in the division. So yeah I guess Toronto sucks.

:))

Not looking good for Chicago right now. No Kane, Toews is now out. Not much season left. Hope they heal in time for the playoffs or we're toast! (Especially since we can't figure out Varlamov when we do have them)

Oh man that was brutal to see Toews leave the game last night. I hope it's not a concussion since he has that history, but it sure looked like it's a head injury. Not looking good for the Hawks right now...
    edited March 2014

Oh man that was brutal to see Toews leave the game last night. I hope it's not a concussion since he has that history, but it sure looked like it's a head injury. Not looking good for the Hawks right now...

Looked very much like a shoulder injury to me. Coach doesn't think it's serious.
    Rygar said:

Looked very much like a shoulder injury to me. Coach doesn't think it's serious.

Yeah, I hope so. It's just hard to trust anything these NHL coaches say when it comes to injuries.

Rygar said:

Yeah, I hope so. It's just hard to trust anything these NHL coaches say when it comes to injuries.
    Very true!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Since the Sabres have been buried in 30th for months, I have really focused on the OHL playoffs. A hell of a 2nd round coming up with Guelph vs London and Sault Ste Marie vs Erie.

Some game 7's in the other conference
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    :))

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD