2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    Hey if anyone is in the DC area I have a BUNCH of autographed Caps stuff from when I worked for them. Hit me up if anyone is interested in a trade.

I'm pulling for the Ducks! I hope Bruce gets his Cup, he deserves it.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    Jason P said:

Milan Lucic deliberately took his stick and swung it in an upward motion and nailed Danny Dekeyser right in the nuts from behind.

There are lots of dirty moves I've seen but that one takes the cake. I'd rather get kicked in the nuts from behind the have someone swing a wooden sword into my nuts from behind.

Who does that?

Yeah, I watched the game last night and am hoping there's supplemental discipline from the league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioq2gp2pJu4
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Stay classy, Boston ...

NHL has to do something. This goes beyond the NHL rule book. This is a severe violation of Dude Code. And Nard Code.

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Jason P said:

Stay classy, Boston ...

That would infer that Boston was ever classy... although Thomas was, felt bad for that guy when he played for them.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Lucic did the same thing to Montreal's Emelin less then a month ago! Although at 1/10th of the power he was trying to turn Dekeyser into an eunoch, you can still see the devastating affect. ...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0nssGVSiNYU
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The NHL is a dirty sport to a degree ... that's life. Every game has its share of cheap shots.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 said:

The NHL is a dirty sport to a degree ... that's life. Every game has its share of cheap shots.

Cheap shots maybe. But not nut shots. I've never seen anyone do something like that. I can handle a cheap shot. Trying to de-nut someone goes beyond what is considered dirty gamesmanship.

Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Cheap shots maybe. But not nut shots. I've never seen anyone do something like that. I can handle a cheap shot. Trying to de-nut someone goes beyond what is considered dirty gamesmanship.

First nut shot you've ever seen? It has happened enough ... it's the only team sports that condones fighting, allows guys to pile into one another after a whistle, has no problem with guys running around after each other after clean hits are delivered and then say "he sticking up for his team mate ... I didn't see the game, did anyone come go and stick up for Danny boy. I've been saying eliminate the instigator rule and cheap shots and concussions will drop ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Nut shots have been around for a while. Goalies are the worst offenders of this with guys standing on the top of the crease.

But yeah, it does go way beyond dirty gamesmanship.
    lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

First nut shot you've ever seen? It has happened enough ... it's the only team sports that condones fighting, allows guys to pile into one another after a whistle, has no problem with guys running around after each other after clean hits are delivered and then say "he sticking up for his team mate ... I didn't see the game, did anyone come go and stick up for Danny boy. I've been saying eliminate the instigator rule and cheap shots and concussions will drop ...
    It happened at the end of the period when time expired and everyone was skating towards the tunnel and no one saw it because everyone had their back turned to Lucic.

It isn't in the red wings philosophy to get sucked into shenanigans. The banners hanging in Joe Lewis suggest it is a sound strategy.
    edited April 2014
    No need to complain then ... If someone isn't going to step and send Lucic a message then it will continue. That's how the game is played these days by some teams ... IMO, and it only gets worse in the playoffs.

Lucic did get a fine ... Like that'll stop him.

NHL weekend fine summary ...

Joel Quenneville - $25K for touching own junk

Milan Lucic - $5k for whacking others junk
    Brent Seabrook just destroyed David Backes.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    For the Blackhawks fans in the audience

wikihow.com/Prevent-Choking
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    some real good games yesterday.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    No wonder the Bruins won today ...

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    WOOHOOOOOOOO UP BY 3
    GO HABS GO
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    horrible call on the offside and disallowed goal ...
    Apparently according to the rule book he called it to the letter of the law ... at least that what I read. Horrible call on the Briere penalty that lead to a Tampa goal, but technically it was a penalty ... even though it was a weak call at best and not called by the ref 6 feet away. That's the NHL I've learned to just ignore the so-so officiating, it is what it is.

That was an impressive opening pregame ceremony in Montreal last night ... I was like just WOW ... nothing better than playoff hockey in a Canadian city, no fans are more passionate ... to bad the rest of the Canadian teams suck.

• Stayed up late again to watch the Kings get shellacked. Need to turn this around, Sharks are making us their bitches!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539

Stayed up late again to watch the Kings get shellacked. Need to turn this around, Sharks are making us their bitches!

didn't think any team would put up goals against Quick like San Jose just did, very surprising
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    nice choke tonight Dinner Jackets
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    matt cooke should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs and possibly longer
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    How the Pens were able to only play for a few minutes and come out with a win confuses the hell outta me, but...go Pens!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
    polaris_x said:

matt cooke should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs and possibly longer

longer, he is a repeat offender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18P4ugHGD9w

How the Pens were able to only play for a few minutes and come out with a win confuses the hell outta me, but...go Pens!

The pens controlled most of that game, out shot Columbus 41-20, I don't see the Pens going far with Fleury in goal, his rebound control is just terrible ... I'm sure if you told Columbus that if they held Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Kunitz off the score sheet they'd be up in this series, thats good for Pittsburgh getting secondary scoring ... just think their goaltending is iffy.

• One of the greatest things about the NHL Playoffs?
    I already am chomping at the bit to watch the 10 PM game tonight. I am going to be sick to my stomach if the Kings cannot win at home and get back in this series. Seriously, you would think I had to play tonight, or my brother was on the team or something. What whacky bastards we fans can be.

Another great thing? Since the Flyers game starts at 8 & my wife is a big Flyers fan we will watch the first 2 hours of that game and then I will go into my den to put on the Kings game...and we both could be jubilant (or not) at the same time watching 2 different games.
    Hope we both go to bed happy!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    ya ... you can't win a cup without very good goaltending and fleury just isn't able to produce in the post-season ...