2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    there has been some great hockey this first round ... la and stl in particular ...

16 overtime games so far and 3 series going to game 7.
    Great first round.

what lockout!? ... :lol::lol:

NHL Lockout/Strike

4 since '92 ... just a memory refresh ;):lol::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_lockout
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It was a rough morning, but I'm glad I stayed up to watch the Wings take out the Ducks.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    keep fucking that chicken, toronto :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    What the hell, Toronto?

:?
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    jlaustin wrote:
    What the hell, Toronto?

:?

C
    H
    O
    K
    E
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    10uRG8l
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    edited May 2013
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL Lockout/Strike

Who cares?
    Still the toughest trophy to win.
    NHL playoffs blow away any other league.
    Post edited by RoughMix on
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Jack Edwards just busted a nut.
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL Lockout/Strike

Who cares.

you must because you responded ... And considering the NFL only lets in 12 of 32 teams, 8 of which have to win their division ... Leaving only 4 spots open for the none division winners ... I'd say that's the toughest imo and Baseball only lets in 8 (10) if you count that silly wildcard. And the the NFL a sprint a few bad weeks and your season might be over which makes every game worthwhile ... IMO.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL Lockout/Strike

Who cares.

you must because you responded ... And considering the NFL only lets in 12 of 32 teams, 8 of which have to win their division ... Leaving only 4 spots open for the none division winners ... I'd say that's the toughest imo and Baseball only lets in 8 (10) if you count that silly wildcard. And the the NFL a sprint a few bad weeks and your season might be over which makes every game worthwhile ... IMO.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    Donnybrook, Russian youth league style ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/watch-insane-youth-hockey-fight-russia-flying-players-165817182.html

Among the lowlights:

• Fifty seconds into this mess, a player from the blue team comes flying at a pile of players and does a full flip onto his head. Then, for his trouble, he gets pounded on by an opponent while he’s lifting himself off the ice.

• At the 1:08 mark, check the middle of the screen, as a white player goes all Ralphie on Scut Farkus, as he sits on his opponent and levels him with punches to the head.

• Twice in the video, a gang of white jersey players swarm a blue jersey player and beat the stuffing out of him like they’re in a prison yard. (OK, Gulag yard). The final time, in the clip’s final moments, is insane.

• Finally, after nearly two minutes of unencumbered chaos … hey, look, adults! Nice to see you. Finally.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    **insert nelson laugh**

sadovie_medium.gif
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL Lockout/Strike

Who cares.

Yeah, but which of those sports don't allow you to run out of bounds? That is why hockey is the best sport. Any loser can stand upright and run, or shoot hoops, do it on skates. :D

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• So Mr. Ovechkin, ever get the feeling that the regular season, first place, in the shittiest division, usually means that anybody in a player pool will take the sixth place team every year. And by the way Ovie, the only trophy that really looks nice posed with is Lord Stanley. But you make a great highlight package during the regular season.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Please, oh, please, can I see somebody, anybody, from Ottawa put Cooke out forever, or a really long time. How would you like to be on that asshats team and have to defend him over, and over, and over.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hocke ... -1.1343606

WASHINGTON – Alex Ovechkin now has generated as many controversies as he's scored goals in the playoffs: one.

After the Rangers eliminated Ovechkin's Capitals in a 5-0 Game 7 drubbing Monday night at the Verizon Center, Ovechkin reportedly told a Russian hockey writer in his native language that he believed there had been an officiating conspiracy to force a seventh game in the series.

"Not saying there was a phone call, but they wanted Game 7," Ovechkin reportedly said in Russian, translated and tweeted by Slava Malamud, a senior writer for Russian sports daily Sports-Express. "For ratings. You know, lockout, escrow, league must make profit."

Ovechkin was bitter over the Capitals being penalized five times in Game 6 at the Garden. The Rangers did not score on any of their five power plays, but the Blueshirts also were not penalized until a melee after the final buzzer and defeated the Caps, 1-0.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    polaris_x wrote:
    there has been some great hockey this first round ... la and stl in particular ...

Man, how much longer are the refs going to let Dustin Brown get away with these dirty hits?? :?
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Please, oh, please, can I see somebody, anybody, from Ottawa put Cooke out forever, or a really long time. How would you like to be on that asshats team and have to defend him over, and over, and over.

from all I've read it seems like he's cleaned up his game ... and beside's Cooke is probably one of those players that you love to have on your team.

• drivingrl wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Man, how much longer are the refs going to let Dustin Brown get away with these dirty hits?? :?

I swear they turn the blind eye for him. He is on par for at least once a game to throw his knee out or an elbow. Maybe Torres will take care of him this series.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    Please, oh, please, can I see somebody, anybody, from Ottawa put Cooke out forever, or a really long time. How would you like to be on that asshats team and have to defend him over, and over, and over.

from all I've read it seems like he's cleaned up his game ... and beside's Cooke is probably one of those players that you love to have on your team.

If I didn't think that he purposely used his skate in a dirty way on Karellson............Yeah, you "don't mind" players like that on your team, until you have to drop your gloves to defend the dick, again. If by cleaned up, you mean he didn't get suspended again this year, then I guess he did.

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    drivingrl wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I swear they turn the blind eye for him. He is on par for at least once a game to throw his knee out or an elbow. Maybe Torres will take care of him this series.

I mean, I don't wish ill upon anyone, but..

No, that's a lie. I wish ill upon Todd Bertuzzi all the time.

But Dustin Brown is just an ass. And when he gets caught, he tries to shrug at the referees as if to say, "I didn't touch him!"
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Gotta love the national anthem at chick a go
    E. Stall just went down with a knee injury of some sorts in Team Canadas game. Didnt look good at all.

Knee on Knee hit from A. Edler.
    Just love how Canadian tax $$$$ are used to send millionaires over to a useless tournament that decides playoff games with shootouts :nono: :nono: :nono:

• mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Pens are going to beat the Senators in 5 games. Jason Spezza will not make a difference. It's too late. Crosby is too much for Anderson to handle. Anderson is clearly the Senators best player and already they are having goaltender problems. Pittsburgh makes him look not so great. I also expect the Rangers to beat Boston in 7 games. Pens and Rangers conference final.
    Jason P wrote:
    Gotta love the national anthem at chick a go

remember back in the day in the old Chicago stadium, that was awesome
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Just love how Canadian tax $$$$ are used to send millionaires over to a useless tournament that decides playoff games with shootouts :nono: :nono: :nono:

that tournament does factor into international rankings, which I believe affects brackets in the olypmics

but yeah, its useless, worse time of the year for it too being lost in the NHL playoffs, yawn
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

that tournament does factor into international rankings, which I believe affects brackets in the olypmics

but yeah, its useless, worse time of the year for it too being lost in the NHL playoffs, yawn

Thats true ... I just find it ridiculous that games that mean something are decided by shootouts. Even on the regular season of the NHL I'm sure it a bigger factor in deciding playoff births, seeding etc..

The NHL should just forget the Oympics completely and bring back the world cup of hockey, have it every 4 years, they can choose a host country every 4 years, be in complete control of the situation. Olympic hockey does not make hockey great, having the very best players in the world available and playing in one tournament is what people want. After all how many North Americans are going to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to watch olympic hockey.