2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... awful ... league should be embarrassed ...

don't see how the hawks can win now ...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    polaris_x wrote:
    wow ... awful ... league should be embarrassed ...

don't see how the hawks can win now ...
    League should be embarrassed long before this game.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Is that a play where you can review when the ref blew the whistle? Similar to how they would review the whistle during a scrum in front of the net, puck goes in, whistle blows?

The replay of the penalty clearly shows the fans celebrating the goal, then came the whistle and then came the waving motion.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    when is that ever called? there's always bullshit going on at the benches...what a weird and shitty call
    norm wrote:
    when is that ever called? there's always bullshit going on at the benches...what a weird and shitty call

what was brutal was saad wasn't even doing anything back ... just getting pummeled ...

looks like they bounced back ... gonna be good semis ...
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Annnndddd the refs will be able to get out of Chicago alive.
    always like the handshakes ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    game 7 is barely over and i'm already nervous...this is gonna be a long weekend
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    TSN had a side view and it looks like the goal was in before he waved it off ... but remember if the ref was in the act of blowing whistle then that is good enough.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Should be excellent semi's ... LA is gonna be very tough ...

As for Pitt and Bos will Pittsburgh goaltending be good enough.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    wow, what a circus that was to disallow that goal. Almost a real embarrassment for the NHL.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol: Or will Bostons? Should be two great series.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    i don't see how boston can beat pittsburgh ...

my prediction is LA in 7 and pittsbugh in 5
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    MayDay10 wrote:
    wow, what a circus that was to disallow that goal. Almost a real embarrassment for the NHL.

That would have been a disaster if the Hawks ended up losing because of that call. Thankfully, the right team won. :D:D
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: thats true Ottawa's goalie was suppose to be better by mile

polaris_x wrote:

I have to agree ...

Chicago in 7, Pittsburgh in 6

Rematch of 1992. Too bad Jagr isnt on Pittsburgh
    Since the season was lost in 2004/05 there have been 7 different champions ... this year some team will become the first the to win a second cup in the salary cap era ...

I was proud of myself. In a bored few minutes I tried to see how far back I could recite the Stanley Cup Finals.

Got back to 1986 and couldnt remember who Montreal beat.
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Based on wins the Ottawa goalie wasn't better, but if you watched the games, he by far out played the Pitt net minder. When you are standing in front of the target for three quality lines shooting at you, you will fall apart in a seven game series. Hell even Alfie knew that after game four.

By far my friends and I favourite name to have fun with was from Ottawa....Turris. Then we would fall into Pres Georgie Bush's accent and talk about how we can't have a turris win the battle. You are either with the Turris or us. :)

Pitt in six and LA in five.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    LA and Boston in 6.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I don't know who to pull for.

LA would be the easy choice except that Dustin Brown is the biggest douchebag cheap-shot artist in the league.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Based on wins the Ottawa goalie wasn't better, but if you watched the games, he by far out played the Pitt net minder. When you are standing in front of the target for three quality lines shooting at you, you will fall apart in a seven game series. Hell even Alfie knew that after game four.

By far my friends and I favourite name to have fun with was from Ottawa....Turris. Then we would fall into Pres Georgie Bush's accent and talk about how we can't have a turris win the battle. You are either with the Turris or us. :)

Pitt in six and LA in five.

:lol::lol::lol:

He faced 50 shots once in 5 games ... all other shot totals were under 40. It wasn't like that were ripping 50 shots at him every game.

He was terrible in that series ... and a lot of that had to do with Pittsburgh, but still not good.

• jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Pittsburgh seems to have a problem keeping their cool - Captain Crosby - not much of a leader. :lol:

Pretty quiet and empty those last five minutes. ;)

Way to go, Bruins.

Original 6 all the way!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

Pittsburgh will be fine ... at least they don't call themselves hockeytown and empty out ;), but I do understand why people are in a hurry to leave De - toilet ;)

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Pittsburgh will be fine ... at least they don't call themselves hockeytown and empty out ;), but I do understand why people are in a hurry to leave De - toilet ;)

I don't know, Pitt had numerous chances in the 1st and were snack-bitten. Boston got stronger as the game moved on, and the goalie comparison isn't even close. Voukum and Fleury suck donkey balls and Rask could use this as his springboard game to be an upper class goalie.

Crosby and Malkin looked like they lost the series in their faces. Pretty strange. They won 6 in a row vs Boston then lose the one that counts and lose home ice this early.... Not good.

It's still early, and Pitt coming back won't shock me but the Bruins are the best team left to me up and down.

gonna be fun
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I don't know, Pitt had numerous chances in the 1st and were snack-bitten. Boston got stronger as the game moved on, and the goalie comparison isn't even close. Voukum and Fleury suck donkey balls and Rask could use this as his springboard game to be an upper class goalie.

Crosby and Malkin looked like they lost the series in their faces. Pretty strange. They won 6 in a row vs Boston then lose the one that counts and lose home ice this early.... Not good.

It's still early, and Pitt coming back won't shock me but the Bruins are the best team left to me up and down.

gonna be fun

I never said Pittsburgh would win ... Just that hockey's an emotional sport and that Pittsburgh will put this game behind them. I agree about the goaltending Boston should have an edge. I guess we'll see as the series goes along.

polaris_x wrote:

:fp: :lol::lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

:fp: :lol::lol:
    Please make your picks for the finals ... i need to make some sure bets!

:lol:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    It would be nuts if the Bruins win the cup.....being down 3 goals with 10 minutes left in Game 7 vs Toronto and to win in OT :o

Thats the stuff of Legends