2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    rival. wrote:
    Penguins keeping it classy until the end there. Love how Malkin won't drop his gloves when he is face to face with someone but will drop them in a scrum to cheap shot a guy when the ref is holding them down.
    Nothing new there. He's been doing that for years.
    What a unlikeable team. I cant think of one player I like on that team. Maybe Morrow.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Oh, I love Bob Cole... best ever IMO.

But yeah. That coach MacLean has been playing them all like a fiddle.

Bob Cole is good ... No doubt ... He knows the game ... Probably even played it.

Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvin were my favorites.

Best color man is Ray Ferraro ... IMO.

Can't stand anyone on NBC.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    yeah. Gallivan and Irvin are/were great as well

NBC blows in every way.... right down to their awful, cumbersome score overlay.

Engblom sucks. Pierre Maguire is a walking penis, emrick is nails on chalkboard, olczyk is terrible and a homer for anyone he played for. Between periods, cyclops (Keith Jones) openly roots for the Flyers, Milbury is a clown and nobody likes him, and Roenick is the same.
    MayDay10 wrote:

Engblom sucks. Pierre Maguire is a walking penis, emrick is nails on chalkboard, olczyk is terrible and a homer for anyone he played for. Between periods, cyclops (Keith Jones) openly roots for the Flyers, Milbury is a clown and nobody likes him, and Roenick is the same.

:lol: how do you really feel
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Should also mention best host Ron McClean, best intermission Coach's Corner.

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think milbury is funny...just because he is always so angry for no reason.

I can't think of one national announcer I like...US or canadian.

I miss gary thorne on the sunday night espn games. he and bill clement were solid
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I miss gary thorne on the sunday night espn games. he and bill clement were solid

NHL aside, the Frozen Four, as called by John Buccigross was easily...without a doubt...the WORST called hockey game I've heard. So, so bad. No rhythm, no cadence, too much color...just terrible...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    Vancouver first team out ... I expect there will be big changes in the off season (other than Luongo be moved).

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    The Fixer wrote:
    I like the RDS announcers for the Canadiens games, but that is because they speak french and I don't...
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I do miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement, liked those dudes.

I do like Dave Strader as a play by play guy. Of course I grew up listening to him do the Wings games in the mid to late eighties!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Crosby jumping on that guys back last night was hilarious and typical. Malkin is a huge pussy!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    That's a real shame about the Canucks. :lol::lol: Does Vigneault lose his job??

Solid W for the Blackhawks last night. They should close it out on Thursday at home.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Crosby jumping on that guys back last night was hilarious and typical. Malkin is a huge pussy!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I do miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement, liked those dudes.

I do like Dave Strader as a play by play guy. Of course I grew up listening to him do the Wings games in the mid to late eighties!!!

Dave Strader is VERY good... Probably the best guy that NBC uses. The fact that a lot of people don't know who he is, or don't remember him in a game is a HUGE complement.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Malkin is very lucky his entire team jumped on top of them, because Hamonic was about to beat him down.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Malkin is very lucky his entire team jumped on top of them, because Hamonic was about to beat him down.

Yup... lets go Isles! They should be up 3-1.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • kdizzle.deliokdizzle.delio Posts: 292
    Vokoun going for pittsburgh in game 5, Gionta out for year for montreal. theres two news items on this day
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Vokoun going for pittsburgh in game 5, Gionta out for year for montreal. theres two news items on this day
    They knew Gionta needed surgery when he missed game 2. Bright side is he is only going to miss one more game :lol:
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Rygar wrote:
    They knew Gionta needed surgery when he missed game 2. Bright side is he is only going to miss one more game :lol:
    Ziiinnggggg
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Oh, I love Bob Cole... best ever IMO.

But yeah. That coach MacLean has been playing them all like a fiddle.

Bob Cole is good ... No doubt ... He knows the game ... Probably even played it.

Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvin were my favorites.

Craig Simpson does a good job as colour commentator.
    Bob Cole is getting old and should retire.
    Always liked Irvin.Great voice.
    I cannot stand Joe Bowen,leaf commentator.That "holy mackinaw" drives me nuts.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Craig Simpson does a good job as colour commentator.
    Bob Cole is getting old and should retire.
    Always liked Irvin.Great voice.
    I cannot stand Joe Bowen,leaf commentator.That "holy mackinaw" drives me nuts.

Ray Ferraro...opposite for me... always against the wings imo

Joe Bowen i agree...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i like bob cole's voice but dude is going senile ...

outside of that i like hughson and paul romanuk ...
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Can't stand Malkin, ever since he tried to kick Lecavalier in the 2006 Olympics( I think).
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm just amazed that the announcers can pronounce everybody’s name. It took me three years to learn how to say Datsyuk’s name correctly. Valtteri Filppula is a lost cause for me. I just call him Flipper.
    I don't know why Ferraro would be against the wings ... His kid was a high draft pick of the wings.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    LET'S GO WINGS!!!!!!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Nice win for the Rangers.

Now for some BOS-TOR OT fun
    Krejci hat trick
    the kings grabbed a 3-2 series lead ... good.

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    More OT

been a good hockey night