2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mattbel123 wrote:

Who's to say Fleury would even be starting in the second round? Pittsburgh played great defensively against Ottawa all season. Their secondary scoring showed up for them as well by sweeping Ottawa in the regular season.
    Fleury is streaky so he could play lights out the next round.
    And this isn't the regular season.
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Rygar wrote:
    mattbel123 wrote:

Who's to say Fleury would even be starting in the second round? Pittsburgh played great defensively against Ottawa all season. Their secondary scoring showed up for them as well by sweeping Ottawa in the regular season.

Thanks for the reminder
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mattbel123 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    mattbel123 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder
    Don't mention it.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Ottawa is a nightmare for Pittsburgh.

The opposite actually. The Pens have trouble with speed, and Ottawa isn't a necessarily fast team (like the Isanders).

Heck, as Ottawa was battling for playoff position the last week of the season, the Pens went into Ottawa and beat them without Crosby, Malkin, Neal & Letang.

It's actually a pretty good matchup for the Penguins (if they get there).
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Rygar wrote:
    mattbel123 wrote:

True about Fleury, but I don't see him back again this series. We should also credit whatever 5 guys were playing in front of Fleury in games 2-4 at any point. They played awful, Letang in particular. Not to excuse Fleury who seemed to allow every goal in, but his guys did not do much to help him. We'll see which Pens team shows up tomorrow.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thing with ottawa is karlson ... norris trophy d-man is huge ... and pittsburgh's achilles is goaltending ... they should just stick with vokoun ... fleury is just too nervous ...
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Fucking Detroit. This is the worst passing team in their own zone that I've ever seen. How much money do we have to pay Nicky Lidstrom to come out of retirement?
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Lets go Red Wings
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Fucking Detroit. This is the worst passing team in their own zone that I've ever seen. How much money do we have to pay Nicky Lidstrom to come out of retirement?
    Why come back when he can just stay with Mrs. Lidstrom at home?
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lundqvist is so damn good. the rangers suck my ass hole and he keeps them in every game.

I wish the rangers and pens could play a 7 game series to the death. and then see both teams lose

signed,

bitter, jealous flyer fan

(I think the flyer d just let up another odd man rush...and no, they didn't make playoffs)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    Great game between the Bruins & Leafs last night. Leafs were dominating for the 1st couple of periods and the Bruins dominated the 3rd. But Riemer was huge between the pipes all night, 4 straight games with 40+ shots. Game 6 Sunday night, can't wait

GO LEAFS GO!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Heisenberg wrote:

Not having a 44 year old d-man really isn't the problem ... but having a gm that fails to draft replacement d-men for lidstrom, stuart and rafalski failing to draft scorers to replace yzerman, shananhan and hull is probably the bigger problem. But you got game 7 and how this duck team ever got it to a game 7 is beyond me, especially with perry doing his best houdini act. Anything can happen in a game 7.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Great game between the Bruins & Leafs last night. Leafs were dominating for the 1st couple of periods and the Bruins dominated the 3rd. But Riemer was huge between the pipes all night, 4 straight games with 40+ shots. Game 6 Sunday night, can't wait

GO LEAFS GO!

give the leafs credit ... they played hard ... I'd like to see them force game 7.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

GO LEAFS GO!

give the leafs credit ... they played hard ... I'd like to see them force game 7.

I'm hoping so, don't matter to me if its the Leafs or not.....gotta love Game 7
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Not having a 44 year old d-man really isn't the problem ... but having a gm that fails to draft replacement d-men for lidstrom, stuart and rafalski failing to draft scorers to replace yzerman, shananhan and hull is probably the bigger problem. But you got game 7 and how this duck team ever got it to a game 7 is beyond me, especially with perry doing his best houdini act. Anything can happen in a game 7.

They won a cup without Yzerman,Shanahan and Hull.Hey,Ken Holland...What have you done for me lately?...Sure.
    I think this team will be fine.There will be a few moves made this summer.There is still some cap room.
    Defense is younger,but I expect Smith,Kindl and Dekeyser(free agent) to improve.
    Abdelkader,Nyquist and Brunner(F.A.) will help with scoring also darren Helm.
    The outlook isn't so bleak.
    By the way,you're always spewing off about this team and that team,but I don't think you have made any mention about who you support.Other than maybe any Canadian team or anyone but the Red Wings.
    Who is your team anyway?
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

They won a cup without Yzerman,Shanahan and Hull.Hey,Ken Holland...What have you done for me lately?...Sure.
    I think this team will be fine.There will be a few moves made this summer.There is still some cap room.
    Defense is younger,but I expect Smith,Kindl and Dekeyser(free agent) to improve.
    Abdelkader,Nyquist and Brunner(F.A.) will help with scoring also darren Helm.
    The outlook isn't so bleak.
    By the way,you're always spewing off about this team and that team,but I don't think you have made any mention about who you support.Other than maybe any Canadian team or anyone but the Red Wings.
    Who is your team anyway?

I dont have an NHL team ... for me hockey is right there with basketball, prefer the NFL and MLB ... so I just basically watch for something to do if I'm not doing anything else ... but believe me I don't go out of way for the NHL ... no other league has shit on its fans more than this league.

As for the wings personally I believe Scotty was the most important piece that they've lost ... even though he stopped coaching them in '02 I believe he remained as consultant for quite a number of years after, the wings didn't win shit since what '55 until Scotty arrived and showed them the way.

Every team Scotty was associated with has been successful, St Louis, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Detroit Every team he's associated with he enjoys pretty good success (except maybe Buffalo ;)), and now Chicago (I think he's a consultant). Detroit's last cup had a D with Lidstrom, Stuart and Rafalski and Pavs and Hank that were more in the prime of there careers.

I give the wings credit they have stayed successful for a long time, no doubt. It hard to stay successful in any sport for so long.

Lukin...you must not have anthying else to do then because you sure seem to watch a lot of hockey.
    And hockey right there with basketball! Give me a break.
    RoughMix wrote:
    Lukin...you must not have anthying else to do then because you sure seem to watch a lot of hockey.
    And hockey right there with basketball! Give me a break.

Well I'm not even sure if its ahead of the NBA ... Once the NHL brought in the ridiculous shoot outs to settle tie games that league lost credibility with me, awarding point for a OT or SL ... Give me a break, talk about stupidity ... IMO ... However I'm surprised baseball hasn't decided on a HR contest to decide games, NBA could try free throws and the NFL could try field goal contest to decide games :lol::lol::lol:. And your glorious red wings are probably 4th and maybe behind Michigan football and basketball in their home market and that's with some success.

As for watching a lot of games nope, I only get what broadcast on CBC and the national games on NBC ... I have caught some of the wings, ducks on break at work and from listening to the games on my way home from work.

• righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    Thank god the penguins won. The islanders played unbelievably good and the penguin defensive game was shit. Very lucky tonight.
  • righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    Also Vokoun better play game one, so nice having a goalie.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I can't believe the NHL has a game seven starting at 10 pm.

:fp:
    Jason P wrote:

That is a head scratcher ... you'd think they'd want a game 7 on either Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening on NBC the main network ... of course NBC wouldn't want to have to pre empt celebrity apprentice :lol::lol::lol:.

yeah that should definitely be an issue that get's solved in the offseason. I would think Fleury would be gone after this latest playoff flop ... of course Vokoun is only 36 and has good save percentages in his career. So may be able to wait a year or 2.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Jason P wrote:

No shit...thanks alot NBC and NHL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jason P wrote:

i think 7 o'clock is a great time for a game 7 :P
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Jason P wrote:

Wings fans have been dealing with this forever. So glad this is the last year for the Wings in the West. It is a Sunday - what Anaheim can't host an afternoon game in the Pacific time zone?

2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    lukin2006 wrote:

yeah that should definitely be an issue that get's solved in the offseason. I would think Fleury would be gone after this latest playoff flop ... of course Vokoun is only 36 and has good save percentages in his career. So may be able to wait a year or 2.

You guys just need a serviceable goalie. You score a lot. It's not like my Rangers where we need a great goalie
    I miss igotid88
    there has been some great hockey this first round ... la and stl in particular ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    there has been some great hockey this first round ... la and stl in particular ...

16 overtime games so far and 3 series going to game 7.
    Great first round.
    RoughMix wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

16 overtime games so far and 3 series going to game 7.
    Great first round.

what lockout!? ... :lol::lol: