2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Lets go Montreal ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Meh... A defencemen who just got beat puts both hands up high on a guy from behind, while the player with the puck is 15 feet from the net with a clear scoring chance... that's a legit call, and gets called every time. Not in the neutral zone, but on a clear scoring chance in OT, that gets called, even if the player goes down a little easy.

I agree with this. Impediment penalties are called so frequently these days, and, assuming the ref saw what the replay showed, it really shouldn't surprise anyone that this was called. It sucks, and the Isles played their tales off, but the fact is "open/grabbing hands up high + near the net + impeding progress = penalty" 9 times out of 10, playoffs/OT or not.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Pk Subban is getting crushed left and right and is taking his frustration out on his teammates. Hilarious.
    The reffing in the Montreal - Ottawa series is just ridiculous.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

The reffing in the entire playoffs so far has been ridiculous.
    mattbel123 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree ...

In this game they lost control from the opening face off.

At least there's more room on the bench's :lol::lol::lol:.

You can tell McClean coached under Babcock in Detroit ... He seems to do a lot whining ...

lukin2006 wrote:
    mattbel123 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree ...

In this game they lost control from the opening face off.

At least there's more room on the bench's :lol::lol::lol:.

You can tell McClean coached under Babcock in Detroit ... He seems to do a lot whining ...

Totally agree about McClean. I also thought his comments about the Eller / Gryber hit were classless and unprofessional.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Complete meltdown for MTL
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

232 total penalty minutes. That's insane.

Sens in 6
    1 or 2 games?
    elbow_medium.gif
    mattbel123 wrote:

232 total penalty minutes. That's insane.

Sens in 6

Montreal didn't look ... The NHL should be ambarrased with that kind of game ...

1 or 2 games?
    elbow_medium.gif

Should get 2 ... Knowing the NHL and their inconsistencies it wouldn't surprise me if he got none.

1 or 2 games?
    elbow_medium.gif

2, you know they're going watch the replays closely.

Bettman should be ashamed of his officials so far in the playoffs. Calls are awful, tons of no calls, and after tonights game they can't even maintain control.

Not good for the sport.
    Canucks getting abused.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    vant0037 wrote:
    Meh... A defencemen who just got beat puts both hands up high on a guy from behind, while the player with the puck is 15 feet from the net with a clear scoring chance... that's a legit call, and gets called every time. Not in the neutral zone, but on a clear scoring chance in OT, that gets called, even if the player goes down a little easy.

I agree with this. Impediment penalties are called so frequently these days, and, assuming the ref saw what the replay showed, it really shouldn't surprise anyone that this was called. It sucks, and the Isles played their tales off, but the fact is "open/grabbing hands up high + near the net + impeding progress = penalty" 9 times out of 10, playoffs/OT or not.

That's crazy, sports radio in New York said that hasn't been called in the playoffs in over 2 years. Ironic is Cindy that gets the call AGAIN. I hate the islanders but I can't stand Cindy.
    The more I see Don Maclean speak the more I hate him. What an asshole! So classless, calls a timeout with 15 seconds left in the game when the Sens were already up. But, once again these refs are ridiculous. I can't express that enough. They're absolutely horrible.
    badbrains wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

That's crazy, sports radio in New York said that hasn't been called in the playoffs in over 2 years. Ironic is Cindy that gets the call AGAIN. I hate the islanders but I can't stand Cindy.

We're still using the name "Cindy"?!? Come on, you have to come up with something new and better.

Ony people who seem to be complaining about this call are Isles fans, Crosby haters and Milbury, Roenick. Go figure.
    badbrains wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

Yep. You can see how easily he went down on the play..just sat right down on his ass and looked right on up for the referee. Its that kind of crap that has helped ruin the game.
    Yep. You can see how easily he went down on the play..just sat right down on his ass and looked right on up for the referee. Its that kind of crap that has helped ruin the game.

So, wait a minute, let me get this straight, Crosby has ruined the game of hockey?

Never understood all the Crosby hate. It's almost certainly jealousy.

Also, if you want to talk about embellishment please bring up Marchands name ever single time. Biggest diver in the league.
    mattbel123 wrote:

So, wait a minute, let me get this straight, Crosby has ruined the game of hockey?
    Where did I say that in what was written?

Both the league and referees have absolutely catered to him, and that is NEVER good. You dont see this?

Why would I be jealous. I've been watching this game since the early 80's, and the product stinks compared to how it used to be played.
    edited May 2013
    mattbel123 wrote:

Both the league and referees have absolutely catered to him, and that is NEVER good. You dont see this?

Why would I be jealous. I've been watching this game since the early 80's, and the product stinks compared to how it used to be played.

No, I don't see this what so ever. Nor will I ever see it.

This product stinks because of who is running the show. It will only get worse.
    Post edited by mattbel123 on
    mattbel123 wrote:
    mattbel123 wrote:

No, I don't see this what so ever. Nor will I ever see it.
    Then I dont know what to tell you.

You a Penguin fan?

You a Penguin fan?

Nope, not even close
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    mattbel123 wrote:

You a Penguin fan?

Nope, not even close

I call bullshit. Only people who dnt see all the shit that little girl gets away with ARE pens fans. And I'll call that little fucker Cindy whenever I want. Who cares if its old, his antics are old and that's why he's hated by the players who dnt wear the pens colors. You say you're not a pens fan but yet have some huge hard-on for him. Sorry we got all on your boyfriend like that. (No pun intended) :fp:
    mattbel123 wrote:

really catered to him? seems to be he got knocked silly a few years back on 2 questionable hits ... no suspensions ... if thats catering to him then so be it.

badbrains wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

So these guys on sports radio new york researched every single call over the last 2 years?

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    crosby haters ... :lol::lol:
    badbrains wrote:
    mattbel123 wrote:

You a Penguin fan?

Nope, not even close

I call bullshit. Only people who dnt see all the shit that little girl gets away with ARE pens fans. And I'll call that little fucker Cindy whenever I want. Who cares if its old, his antics are old and that's why he's hated by the players who dnt wear the pens colors. You say you're not a pens fan but yet have some huge hard-on for him. Sorry we got all on your boyfriend like that. (No pun intended) :fp:

I accept your apology. :D
    polaris_x wrote:
    crosby haters ... :lol::lol:

seems most of the crosby haters are affiliated with either philadelphia or new york based teams ... probably more to do with him winning a cup recently more than anything. I hear the crosby haters on Detroit sports radio, pretty much the same reason the team he was on denied them a championship, except just about all on Detroit sports radio would welcome him to the wings with open arms :lol:, just as fans of any team would :lol:. Oh well what you gonna do ... he scored one of the biggest goals in our countries history, so maybe thats it he denied them olympic glory :lol::lol::lol:.

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    lukin2006 wrote:
    1 or 2 games?
    elbow_medium.gif

Should get 2 ... Knowing the NHL and their inconsistencies it wouldn't surprise me if he got none.

Apparently getting nothing....

Bourque is a repeat offender for elbowing guys in the head. So, Shanny couldn't just give him the usual measly 1-2 gamer, so he decides to give nothing instead. Cowardice.

Sad to say, but maybe Conacher should have went down and laid there for a trainer.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln