2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    BJh3FzZCMAEH5sc.jpg

How is this not a penalty 15 feet from the net? In picture #2, Strait is basically riding him, and in pic #3, you can see Strait's knee/leg driving through Crosby (while pulling back on him).

What is a waiver wire pickup defensemen doing out there anyway against Crosby in OT? He got beat, and tried to stop Crosby from going to the net.

Maybe the Isles should learn how to kill a penalty. Watching the Isles on the ice after the call, they didn't even seem to have a problem with it (until after the goal was scored).
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    It's just a tough sell to imply that there's a conspiracy or orchestrated plan among referees or the NHL :roll: to GIVE calls to certain players. My team's in the Western Conference, so granted, I haven't seen that many games with Eastern Conference teams this year, but I find it a huge stretch to say that Crosby gets calls only because of the name on his jersey. Perhaps he gets calls because he forces people to take penalties?

I'm not taking sides here on Pens vs. Isles fans or whether Crosby is soft or overrated etc (for the record though, I've always believed points speak for themselves), but it sounds like Isle fans are alone on thinking this one was the absolute non-penalty many are claiming it to be. Strait himself said: "I just got a little too over aggressive on him there. Lost body position… Doesn’t matter what the call was." Lost body position? Over-aggressive? That's the exact situation guys take penalties in, and it sounds like he knew it.

So was it a close call? Maybe. But on replay, the play looked like a fairly standard "new penalty" (i.e. less tolerance on hooking, holding, interference). I'm not shocked or surprised that it was called, and really don't understand the controversy. It sucks that it was in OT, but any time you open your hands up high on a player with a scoring chance, you're going to get called. It's been that way for several years now.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    polaris_x wrote:
    crosby haters ... :lol::lol:
    Canadian hockey fans :lol::lol:

How you can say the league doesnt cater to him is absurd.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140

That Roenick is great. 43 year old man still putting highlights in his hair. I wonder if he'll cry on the air again if the Blackhawks win the cup?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    seems most of the crosby haters are affiliated with either philadelphia or new york based teams ... probably more to do with him winning a cup recently more than anything. I hear the crosby haters on Detroit sports radio, pretty much the same reason the team he was on denied them a championship, except just about all on Detroit sports radio would welcome him to the wings with open arms :lol:, just as fans of any team would :lol:. Oh well what you gonna do ... he scored one of the biggest goals in our countries history, so maybe thats it he denied them olympic glory :lol::lol::lol:.

for sure ... the kid is by far the best player in the nhl right now and he's not an asshole ... he didn't bail overseas during the lockout and guess what - he's still maturing ... as the best skilled player in the nhl - guys are gonna take cheapshots against him ... that's the way it is ... why do you think back in the gretzky days ... guys like semenko had jobs? ... it is widely understood that he's gonna get more hacks against him than most ...

it's ironic how they want to call crosby a whiner but yet ...it's the same tired thing here from the haters ...

if you the league redrafted - you'd be a fool not to pick him #1 ...
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Brad Marchand, biggest diver in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6IxtxfsNWg

that's moronic ... first of all - it's a penalty ... and the nhl has long been looking for consistency ... roenick is basically asking the refs to all make relative judgement calls in OT ... that's the worst thing you can do ... some guy will call it - some will wait for others ... it's what makes it infuriating to watch ... you have to have consistency ... it's either a penalty or it's not ...

Regardless of the topic, if using the commentary of Milbury and Roenick support your side of a hockey argument, chances are that you are incorrect :lol:
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    seems most of the crosby haters are affiliated with either philadelphia or new york based teams ... probably more to do with him winning a cup recently more than anything. I hear the crosby haters on Detroit sports radio, pretty much the same reason the team he was on denied them a championship, except just about all on Detroit sports radio would welcome him to the wings with open arms :lol:, just as fans of any team would :lol:. Oh well what you gonna do ... he scored one of the biggest goals in our countries history, so maybe thats it he denied them olympic glory :lol::lol::lol:.

for sure ... the kid is by far the best player in the nhl right now and he's not an asshole ... he didn't bail overseas during the lockout and guess what - he's still maturing ... as the best skilled player in the nhl - guys are gonna take cheapshots against him ... that's the way it is ... why do you think back in the gretzky days ... guys like semenko had jobs? ... it is widely understood that he's gonna get more hacks against him than most ...

it's ironic how they want to call crosby a whiner but yet ...it's the same tired thing here from the haters ...

if you the league redrafted - you'd be a fool not to pick him #1 ...

As the image above shows he is clearly pulled down ... and taking away a clear scoring chance is one of my criteria's for an OT penalty, and that was a clear scoring chance.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Canadian hockey fans :lol::lol:

How you can say the league doesnt cater to him is absurd.

c'mon dude ... i get it ... you're a flyer fan - you have to hate him ... i think you have a better case calling him schoolyard names than trying to legitimize it ...

either way - all sports leagues protect their marquee players ... you telling me jordan didn't get extra calls in his day or gretzky or any superstar for that matter? ...

feel free to trash the guy ... he's gonna win the ted lindsey award this year ... as the best player as voted by nhl players ... he's got the respect of the nhl players ...
    mattbel123 wrote:
    Brad Marchand, biggest diver in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6IxtxfsNWg

Jeff Skinner is up there too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7KvFiw56g

the replay (at about the 18 second mark) is absolutely hilarious.

But that Boston piece was an amazing thing that was put together lol
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Great game last night WIngs!

Edge of seat action... wow what a shot by Dats. Not a filpula fan(thought he should have been traded) but hes going in the trenches now. Bert 2nd game back impressive..seems like he gave the spark the team needed.
    Howard amazing.. Ericsson A++

Still some sloppy playing by the D but overall a good game. Cant wait for Wednesday night!

Go WIngs Go!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Nami wrote:
    Great game last night WIngs!

Edge of seat action... wow what a shot by Dats. Not a filpula fan(thought he should have been traded) but hes going in the trenches now. Bert 2nd game back impressive..seems like he gave the spark the team needed.
    Howard amazing.. Ericsson A++

Still some sloppy playing by the D but overall a good game. Cant wait for Wednesday night!

Go WIngs Go!

nice, was a fun game to watch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Got to see the first official Kronwalling of the post season as well.

Amazing shot by Pasha to tie it up.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    looking forward to tonight's Montreal/Ottawa game. Love the violence.

As a neutral observer, who prefers Montreal, Ottawa is punking them out and exposing them as bitches.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    iNcBpJitVLKxS.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    MayDay10 wrote:

As a neutral observer, who prefers Montreal, Ottawa is punking them out and exposing them as bitches.

Agree with everything except I cannot stand Montreal. I want to see Subban get knocked out tonight.

These Canadian announcers are so annoying. Was really looking forward to the game until I heard who was calling the game.

come to think of it, most hockey announcers are horrible. Mike Emerick is also terrible.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Oh, I love Bob Cole... best ever IMO.

But yeah. That coach MacLean has been playing them all like a fiddle.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Oh, I love Bob Cole... best ever IMO.

But yeah. That coach MacLean has been playing them all like a fiddle.

I dont think he knows how to inflect his voice. he tries to make dump ins sound exciting.

He's the cuba gooding jr of hockey announcing...over the top all the time.
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Agree with everything except I cannot stand Montreal. I want to see Subban get knocked out tonight.

These Canadian announcers are so annoying. Was really looking forward to the game until I heard who was calling the game.

come to think of it, most hockey announcers are horrible. Mike Emerick is also terrible.
    Fully agree. I'd like to see someone finally beat the crap outta that Subban weasel. He will talk and talk, avoids people who want to drop them with him, then he will go and pick on the guy who doesnt fight(ie, Turris the other night)

The NHL will do the damnest to not allow any rough stuff/fighting tonight. Did you see how much the fans were into the last game? But the fans hate the fighting...right NHL?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Wow, Fleury has been absolutely dreadful this entire series.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    rival. wrote:
    Wow, Fleury has been absolutely dreadful this entire series.

That's the truth. Fortunately Nabakov has been worse. This is not going the way I expected it to.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

LOL at Fleury, 6-4.

Pens gotta start Vokoun next game.
    Wow, OTT ties it 24 secs left.
    LOL at Fleury, 6-4.

Pens gotta start Vokoun next game.

love it.

nice, ottawa just tied it
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Penguins keeping it classy until the end there. Love how Malkin won't drop his gloves when he is face to face with someone but will drop them in a scrum to cheap shot a guy when the ref is holding them down.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    Penguins keeping it classy until the end there. Love how Malkin won't drop his gloves when he is face to face with someone but will drop them in a scrum to cheap shot a guy when the ref is holding them down.

it is shitsturd :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg