Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    So is Tampa the new title town USA???

(checks MLB standings)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Jason P said:
    So is Tampa the new title town USA???

(checks MLB standings)

They're a well run franchise.  They just need to move to Hillsborough. They play in a terrible location. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Cup last game. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Their final was last round."Nikita Kucherov: "The fans in Montreal acted like they won the Stanley Cup last game. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Their final was last round."Nikita Kucherov: "The fans in Montreal acted like they won the Stanley Cup last game. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? 

Doucherov is about a classy as the Tampa Organization…what a fucking douchebag.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

lol.  Looks like the dude measuring goalie equipment uses 2 separate measurements, 1for those the nhl needs to win the cup to keep the narrative up that Tampa is a hockey … lol

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Cup last game. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Their final was last round."Nikita Kucherov: "The fans in Montreal acted like they won the Stanley Cup last game. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Their final was last round."Nikita Kucherov: "The fans in Montreal acted like they won the Stanley Cup last game. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? 

Doucherov is about a classy as the Tampa Organization…what a fucking douchebag.
    You should just stop.  You are a poor sport. 
  • Options
    Maybe someday kutcherov will be lucky enough to play in a real hockey market where there are real passionate fans…but he’s  
    a douche…he dives better than any Olympic diver I’ve seen…hehehe.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Maybe someday kutcherov will be lucky enough to play in a real hockey market where there are real passionate fans…but he’s  
    a douche…he dives better than any Olympic diver I’ve seen…hehehe.

Your comments are getting dumber as they go.  My Lord,  show some class 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    Does the Islanders team get more credit than Montreal at this point?

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Habs had no chance.  Out matched from the get go.  Great run in the playoffs and very exciting to watch. Cya next season.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    Great reference and a ground breaking athlete.  She was Vasy's backup.  I was hoping she'd get some minutes. 

edit - and yes, the Isles were a more demanding series, not just because it went 7, but because of their style which they never abandoned.  They also need some forwards with skill, but that will change their style. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    Great reference and a ground breaking athlete.  She was Vasy's backup.  I was hoping she'd get some minutes. 
    Saw her play a few times at the old expo hall at the fairgrounds.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?

edit - and yes, the Isles were a more demanding series, not just because it went 7, but because of their style which they never abandoned.  They also need some forwards with skill, but that will change their style. 
    The Islanders' game was sick... the way they shut down Boston in the second round was impressive AF. 

Congrats Tampa.... I'm not a fan of the team, but I'm a huge fan of Stamkos, I'm happy to see him win the cup again.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    No shit.. I used to frequent that dump myself.  That whole area by the Orient Road jail was awful.  Then they moved to the Dome which seemed like a step up, but really wasn't.  Although 35k people at a game was a lot.  Did you live down there too?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    No shit.. I used to frequent that dump myself.  That whole area by the Orient Road jail was awful.  Then they moved to the Dome which seemed like a step up, but really wasn't.  Although 35k people at a game was a lot.  Did you live down there too?
    Did you both see her play?  If so that is awesome.  Glad you both remember her!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    I did not.  I moved to Tampa in the spring of '93, during their first season.  My recollection is she only played in that exhibition season.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    Friend in high school had her card, we were more than a little obsessed for all the obvious reasons a 16yo would be. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Congrats to TB again.

Where is Manon Rheaume?
    Friend in high school had her card, we were more than a little obsessed for all the obvious reasons a 16yo would be. 
    I heard rumors that a friend had her auto from Classic but I never saw one...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    I just had the great pleasure of watching Kucherov's press conference.  It was awesome.
    How many beers did he put down before that?  ha!
    Not any TB fan or anything but I am a fan of candid answers from a star player after a huge victory -- every day of the week.
    The fact that he was pounding beers made it much funnier.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Breaking News…Nikita Kutcherov had a fractured rib…Surgery scheduled for October 1st…he’ll be ready for round 1 of the playoffs in 2022

Julien BrisBrois was robbed of the playoff mvp award

On second thought it’s best Kuncherov plays for teams like Tampa…it’s obvious he prefers non passionate fans like Tampa…hehehe

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Say what you want about him....his answers last night are pure hockey, right there.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Breaking News…Nikita Kutcherov had a fractured rib…Surgery scheduled for October 1st…he’ll be ready for round 1 of the playoffs in 2022

Julien BrisBrois was robbed of the playoff mvp award

On second thought it’s best Kuncherov plays for teams like Tampa…it’s obvious he prefers non passionate fans like Tampa…hehehe

Passionate fans with back to back cups.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/lpgeek/status/1413104980807012361?s=21

Look at all those passionate fans..

Breaking news…Gary Bettman has signed off on Kutcherov’s medical and agrees “a fractured rib is delicate and needs a season to rehab.”

He wishes him well and looks forward to having him back for the playoffs…wink wink…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Here's your roadmap to an extra-busy NHL off-season

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/the-buzzer-nhl-off-season-1.6095404

Some folks will be disappointed in not going to the Olympics.  Some players especially… but I will not be disappointed.  The IIHF and the IOC are just plain annoying to deal with.  The Nhl can not use Sydney Crosby Vancouver winning goal in nhl marketing…let those clowns continue to watch second rate hockey…

Something else to keep an eye on: the Olympics.

Some people are under the misconception that, as part of their latest labour deal, the NHL agreed to let its players go to Beijing next winter. But the league only agreed to participate if a deal could be struck with the International Olympic Committee. That's no slam dunk. Recall the big-shot posturing that occurred before the 2018 Games. IOC president Thomas Bach decided that his organization would no longer cover the travel, accommodations and insurance costs for the world's best hockey players to compete in South Korea, and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman refused to pay too. The International Ice Hockey Federation stepped in and said it would pick up the estimated $20-million US tab. But then Bettman demanded the IOC grant his league certain marketing considerations and the right to use some Olympic content on its own platforms. Bach balked, Bettman wouldn't blink, and that's how we ended up with Derek Roy and Maxime Nareau being Canada's leading scorers in a forgettable tournament.

Four years later, the NHL's position remains the same: pausing our season for two weeks to let our highest-paid employees go off and make money for someone else just isn't worth it — unless you throw in some goodies. The league's general lack of enthusiasm for the '22 Olympics was evident in some comments made by deputy commissioner Bill Daly last week. "With the future Games in Beijing and the continued uncertainty with the virus and the Games being halfway around the world, [this is] not necessarily an ideal Games to elect to go to," Daly said. The deputy commish also said the league has "deferred to the Players' Association to try to work through" the "material issues" with the IOC. Translation: if the players can figure this thing out, great. If not, shrug emoji.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Here's your roadmap to an extra-busy NHL off-season

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/the-buzzer-nhl-off-season-1.6095404

Some folks will be disappointed in not going to the Olympics.  Some players especially… but I will not be disappointed.  The IIHF and the IOC are just plain annoying to deal with.  The Nhl can not use Sydney Crosby Vancouver winning goal in nhl marketing…let those clowns continue to watch second rate hockey…

Something else to keep an eye on: the Olympics.

Some people are under the misconception that, as part of their latest labour deal, the NHL agreed to let its players go to Beijing next winter. But the league only agreed to participate if a deal could be struck with the International Olympic Committee. That's no slam dunk. Recall the big-shot posturing that occurred before the 2018 Games. IOC president Thomas Bach decided that his organization would no longer cover the travel, accommodations and insurance costs for the world's best hockey players to compete in South Korea, and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman refused to pay too. The International Ice Hockey Federation stepped in and said it would pick up the estimated $20-million US tab. But then Bettman demanded the IOC grant his league certain marketing considerations and the right to use some Olympic content on its own platforms. Bach balked, Bettman wouldn't blink, and that's how we ended up with Derek Roy and Maxime Nareau being Canada's leading scorers in a forgettable tournament.

Four years later, the NHL's position remains the same: pausing our season for two weeks to let our highest-paid employees go off and make money for someone else just isn't worth it — unless you throw in some goodies. The league's general lack of enthusiasm for the '22 Olympics was evident in some comments made by deputy commissioner Bill Daly last week. "With the future Games in Beijing and the continued uncertainty with the virus and the Games being halfway around the world, [this is] not necessarily an ideal Games to elect to go to," Daly said. The deputy commish also said the league has "deferred to the Players' Association to try to work through" the "material issues" with the IOC. Translation: if the players can figure this thing out, great. If not, shrug emoji.

There's no upside for ownership in letting them go, unless it's worth a ton of money.  Injuries, loss of momentum in the season, etc. make it mostly downside.  I don't blame them. 
  • Options
    Agreed for the most part…but if you can grow nhl hockey in China there a potential for huge merchandising.

The other part is the players.

victor hedman recently commented that he’d be disappointed if the nhl did not go.  The Olympics is important to European players.  

But I agree for the most part it’s an inconvenience…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im not a big fan of the NHLers in the olympics.  It grinds the NHL season to a halt and it always makes the rest of the regular season and playoffs seem like a war of attrition.

The olympic tournaments have been a huge letdown nearly every time.  The only good ones were the ones played here in SLC and Vancouver.  Nagano was cool because it was the first one, the star-power represented was insane, and Hasek stole it, but in 2022, that tournament would fall flat.

I much prefer the Canada Cup/World Cup format.  Keep it in house, maybe as a late August/September tournament.  Hold it here and rotate cities/Canada/US.  Maybe have it in Europe once in awhile.  I thought that last one they had was much better than the Socchi tournament

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Im not a big fan of the NHLers in the olympics.  It grinds the NHL season to a halt and it always makes the rest of the regular season and playoffs seem like a war of attrition.

The olympic tournaments have been a huge letdown nearly every time.  The only good ones were the ones played here in SLC and Vancouver.  Nagano was cool because it was the first one, the star-power represented was insane, and Hasek stole it, but in 2022, that tournament would fall flat.

I much prefer the Canada Cup/World Cup format.  Keep it in house, maybe as a late August/September tournament.  Hold it here and rotate cities/Canada/US.  Maybe have it in Europe once in awhile.  I thought that last one they had was much better than the Socchi tournament

Agree with all of this, but I also agree with Meltdown that the Olympics hold a certain level of prestige.  I can't imagine much compares to an Olympic Gold medal so it doesn't surprise me in the least that the players like it.  I'm sure it's a hell of an experience.   But the timing is just terrible for the NHL and the injury situation is real.  
  • Options
    I’ll  take a pass on the World Cup of Hockey if it includes the gimmicks…it has to be nation vs nation … 

but this is the same league that has embraced gimmicks like 3 on 3 ot and shootouts…

I have very little faith in this league doing anything right.

Everything Bettman has done has cheapened the nhl…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    Could Hockey move to the Summer Olympics?(like basketball)
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    I’ll  take a pass on the World Cup of Hockey if it includes the gimmicks…it has to be nation vs nation … 

but this is the same league that has embraced gimmicks like 3 on 3 ot and shootouts…

I have very little faith in this league doing anything right.

Everything Bettman has done has cheapened the nhl…
    I think Bettman gets a raw deal mostly because he is a bit weird looking and awkward.  The NHL game today is 1000x better than it was in the 1990s.  The game is more wide open today. Lot less clutching and grabbing and bullshit interference. The game in the 1990s was terrible.  Calling rules as they are written, new rules like no 2-line pass, faster face-offs, no touch up icing, no defensive changes after icing just to name a few.  Bettman is a bit of a clown but the game under his watch has gotten better. Yea it sucks that there are teams in shitty markets but that's how you build the profile of the game. One of the best players in the game was born in Arizona. Think that happens without hockey in Arizona?  What changes would you make with how the game is played or how the game is managed today?