Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    how are jerseys for kids? never heard anything like that before. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,189
    edited June 2021
    how are jerseys for kids? never heard anything like that before. 
    I tend to agree that jerseys make more sense on a kid. It is kind of like playing dress up, if you think about it. My wife wanted to get Mahomes jerseys to wear to the games while he was at Tech, I told her the same thing. It doesn't bother me to see adults wearing them, but it isn't for me. Kind of like ketchup on a hotdog.
    Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    I would think ketchup on hot dog folks would be the ones saying only kids should wear jerseys to games.  :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I would think ketchup on hot dog folks would be the ones saying only kids should wear jerseys to games.  :lol:

americans have strange traditions. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i think we'd have to go with the majority on this one: about 95% of fans in attendance at any sports game are wearing jerseys or sports swag of some kind. especially hockey, mostly jerseys. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Outside a few teams in the US, and I mean a few, most fans of most teams in the US are just very casual hockey fans…and that includes all Southern US teams…people in the south only wanna see ice in their drinks…hehehe.  Most so called hockey fans in Tampa or the southern US don’t know what an icing is or an offside is…lol.   The NHL will always be the 4th among the 4 major sports league…I mean baseball is sooooop exciting with all the cheating that goes on, and what can anyone say about the nba…what a league…tune in for the final five minutes to see who won…sooooo exciting.
    What data or how long did you live in these southern cities to draw this conclusion? Do you poll the fans when you spend an entire season there using a statistically significant sample or is this just purely what's going on in your head?
    Lol.  Your as insecure as your team?  Isn’t your team the one with the dress code in the past, and who knows maybe today…

you and I know polls are wildly inaccurate.   And why do I need a poll.  When your team sucks they can barely give tickets away…Toronto been sucking for 57 years and you have to give them cash and your right arm to get a ticket…
    I'm not insecure,  but I scoff at sweeping conclusions pulled out of an ass. This goes for sports,  politics,  business and generally everything else 
    just from what I've heard, people from here travelling there and going to a jets/tampa bay game, you can get a really good seat for $25 plus a beer and a hot dog. you can't get a seat in winnipeg for under $100, and that's with your back against the wall near the ceiling. and the arena was still half empty. 

but that's, of course, anecdotal to a few people I know who regularly travel down there during the season. 
    Negative.  Not even close.  Carolina and panthers tickets are cheap,  not Tampa. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Outside a few teams in the US, and I mean a few, most fans of most teams in the US are just very casual hockey fans…and that includes all Southern US teams…people in the south only wanna see ice in their drinks…hehehe.  Most so called hockey fans in Tampa or the southern US don’t know what an icing is or an offside is…lol.   The NHL will always be the 4th among the 4 major sports league…I mean baseball is sooooop exciting with all the cheating that goes on, and what can anyone say about the nba…what a league…tune in for the final five minutes to see who won…sooooo exciting.
    What data or how long did you live in these southern cities to draw this conclusion? Do you poll the fans when you spend an entire season there using a statistically significant sample or is this just purely what's going on in your head?
    Lol.  Your as insecure as your team?  Isn’t your team the one with the dress code in the past, and who knows maybe today…

you and I know polls are wildly inaccurate.   And why do I need a poll.  When your team sucks they can barely give tickets away…Toronto been sucking for 57 years and you have to give them cash and your right arm to get a ticket…
    I'm not insecure,  but I scoff at sweeping conclusions pulled out of an ass. This goes for sports,  politics,  business and generally everything else 
    just from what I've heard, people from here travelling there and going to a jets/tampa bay game, you can get a really good seat for $25 plus a beer and a hot dog. you can't get a seat in winnipeg for under $100, and that's with your back against the wall near the ceiling. and the arena was still half empty. 

but that's, of course, anecdotal to a few people I know who regularly travel down there during the season. 
    Negative.  Not even close.  Carolina and panthers tickets are cheap,  not Tampa. 
    yes, that's it! Panthers tickets. sorry, my bad. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    GO HABS!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    edited June 2021
    Proves no point since half of America voted for Gump.  ;)
    My brother eats ketchup on his hot dogs and gets so wound up when I harsh him on it.  Very amusing, I do it every chance I can
    He puts on twice as much ketchup to try and bother me but it doesn't work.  I don't actually mind, he could put turds on top - that is his business.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    My brother eats ketchup on his hot dogs and gets so wound up when I harsh him on it.  Very amusing, I do it every chance I can
    He puts on twice as much ketchup to try and bother me but it doesn't work.  I don't actually mind, he could put turds on top - that is his business.
    I assure you, people of all political stripes put ketchup on hot dogs here. it's hilarious to me this is even a big debate. i mean, we're talking about hot dogs here. you know what's in hot dogs, right? and people are all pretentious about putting ketchup on it? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I assure you, people of all political stripes put ketchup on hot dogs here. it's hilarious to me this is even a big debate. i mean, we're talking about hot dogs here. you know what's in hot dogs, right? and people are all pretentious about putting ketchup on it? LOL
    Ketchup or spicy mustard. Either is fine with me. 
  • Options
    I don't take it seriously - it is your hot dog you can eat it how you like.  Lips and assholes covered with sugary tomato or with vinegary mustard seeds....take it how you enjoy it most.

Conn Smythe and Lord Stanley up for grabs - hoping we get to 6 or 7 games!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mrussel1 said:
    Why not both?

Like F Me said, people getting pretentious about what other people put on their hot dogs is nothing short of hilarious. 

Bolts up 1-0, LFG. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Can Montreal break serve and take game 2?
    Kucherov is a damn assassin out there.  Extremely impressive.

#teammustard
    :lol: 
  • Options

#teammustard
    :lol: 
    All about the blue line.  Montreal couldn't generate anything consistent. 

Gallagher with a nasty gash. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    clint eastwood talks to empty chairs. 

#teamketchup

GO HABS
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    Poncier said:
    clint eastwood talks to empty chairs. 

#teamketchup

GO HABS
    Ha, I have no issue with ketchup on a hot dog, just the discussion always reminds me of this clip.
    I prefer ketchup to yellow mustard. Can't stand that stuff. Brown mustard is good, yellow is exactly what the color in liquid form normally invokes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Habs looked like a pee wee team.  Bolts looked huge and fast next to the Habs.  We shall see.  Yes to ketchup on a hot dog.  Ketchup mustard and relish is what I grew up on here in new england.  But I get it, especially for those in Chicago. No need for ketchup on a chicago dog.  Go Habs!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Why not both?

Like F Me said, people getting pretentious about what other people put on their hot dogs is nothing short of hilarious. 

Bolts up 1-0, LFG. 
    I'm saying those are the two things I like.  I could give a damn what other people do, that's for sure. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Why not both?

Bolts up 1-0, LFG. 
    I'm saying those are the two things I like.  I couldn't give a damn what other people do, that's for sure. 
    Fixed.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sweep the Habs!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    dankind said:
    Sweep the Habs!
    They def can I’m hoping Habs make a series out of it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

fucking rooskies :angry:

him and the net minder. fuck tampa bay.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

fucking rooskies :angry:

him and the net minder. fuck tampa bay.

Tough break, kid.
  • Options
    are you in tampa?

if so, condolences.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    are you in tampa?

if so, condolences.
    No, but I lived there for 12 years or so.  I'm in VA now.  Tampa is a good town in your 20's.  I wouldn't want to live there with kids.  I'm sure it's not as cool as Utah though.
  • Options
    tampa?

RED necks, WHITE people and BLUE hairs?

utah, well at least salt lake, might surprise you.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    tampa?

RED necks, WHITE people and BLUE hairs?

utah, well at least salt lake, might surprise you.
    Yes the conservative LDS values embedded in the laws is right up my alley.