Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    edited February 2016
    That was one of the greatest things in nhl history. Gary Bettman had to hand John scott a check for a million dollars. It was damn beautiful

Really it was great. He showed the players how to have fun. The reactions of his team and coaches (including Sutters kid who has down syndrome) was awesome to see.

To think, the Nhl tried to prevent it all from happening. In their eternal attempts to make the asg compelling... this was the first asg I watched wire to wire in about 20 years.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    edited February 2016
    MayDay10 said:

That was one of the greatest things in nhl history. Gary Bettman had to hand John scott a check for a million dollars. It was damn beautiful

Really it was great. He showed the players how to have fun. The reactions of his team and coaches (including Sutters kid who has down syndrome) was awesome to see.

To think, the Nhl tried to prevent it all from happening. In their eternal attempts to make the asg compelling... this was the first asg I watched wire to wire in about 20 years.

To think, the fans voted in this goon as a damn joke from the get-go. Maybe I can get voted in next year and have my 20 minutes of fame.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    I thought it was fun this weekend. DVR-d the skills shit and watched it condensed into about 30 minutes. I enjoyed the 3 games Sunday and felt like the final one in particular had some fantastic play in it.
    Also, my 11 yr old nephew was totally into the John Scott drama by the end and loved it.
    First time I can recall watching (with interest) the ASG itself since I was a kid.
    Loved that they boo'd the midget GB.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Pretty cool format. Awesome that Scott had a hell of a game and won MVP. I also like when he burned Roenick in the live interview.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Connor McDavid is unreal.
    Beaut of a goal. Two assists, one of which was a huge effort and great play. Stealing the puck and breaking out all night.
    19, with 37 games worth of rust, and that's what he does. Already over a PPG avg. Can he win the Calder?
    Edmonton is just buzzing over this kid. Hilarious watching Leaf fans troll Oiler sites/fb pages. So butthurt.
  • Options

Beaut of a goal. Two assists, one of which was a huge effort and great play. Stealing the puck and breaking out all night.
    19, with 37 games worth of rust, and that's what he does. Already over a PPG avg. Can he win the Calder?
    Edmonton is just buzzing over this kid. Hilarious watching Leaf fans troll Oiler sites/fb pages. So butthurt.

Man I hope he stays healthy and has a long career. He is freakin exciting to watch, for sure. That goal was just unreal. First of all, how he still managed to get to the puck to the net after weaving through 3 defenders, all of whom got a stick on it... then that move on the goalie at the end. You cannot teach instinct like that! This kid is awesome!
  • Options

Datsyukian ... the force is strong in this one
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,122
    Big trade just happened:

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the team has acquired forwards Milan Michalek, Colin Greening and Tobias Lindberg, defenceman Jared Cowen, and a 2017 second-round draft pick from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for defencemen Dion Phaneuf and Cody Donaghey, as well as forwards Casey Bailey, Matt Frattin and Ryan Rupert.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Great. Leaves fans already thought they were getting Stamkos...this won't help.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Good for Dion or bad for Dion?
    He still has a beautiful wife to cry to if he didn't want to move.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,122
    Rygar said:

Great. Leaves fans already thought they were getting Stamkos...this won't help.

Ha, well in theory a decent trade for Ottawa then?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Mcdavid with 5 points against his fav team growing up - the Marlies.
    Keep raising Eb's stock, Connor....we need to get you some defence in exchange for that guy.
  • Options

Big trade just happened:

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the team has acquired forwards Milan Michalek, Colin Greening and Tobias Lindberg, defenceman Jared Cowen, and a 2017 second-round draft pick from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for defencemen Dion Phaneuf and Cody Donaghey, as well as forwards Casey Bailey, Matt Frattin and Ryan Rupert.

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Wild head coach fired. Had no idea.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    MayDay10 said:

As crazy as it sounds the All Star weekend was as much fun as I have ever had at a sporting event. Burns kid little dance was great and the crowd chanting MVP over and over Sunday was as loud as any chant I have heard at a sporting event.

It was a great distraction to an otherwise disappointing season. Maybe we can make it to OT again tonight before losing to Boston.

• Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243

Johansen for Jones. Can't believe the Preds traded away Seth Jones. Crazy trade.

Its early but so far both teams have to be happy with it. I didn't want them to trade Jones but we had to have a center. I also have more confidence in Nashville picking and developing defense as opposed to forwards. In almost 20 years I think the best offense forward Nashillve picked was Scott Hartnell. In that same time they have drafted and developed countless defensemen.
  • Options
    I read yesterday that Wideman is appealing his punishment. What a jerk.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Player association pretty much mandates that he does it.
  • Options
    Whoa! Anyone watching the STL game?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Player association pretty much mandates that he does it.
    Could be. He's not a dirty player.
  • Options
    Lidstroms number is getting retired. :rock_on:
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Very much deserved. (And this coming from a Hawks fan.)
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

I thought they retired the number a couple years ago.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I thought they retired the number a couple years ago.
    His number was raised up last night. Right next to Yzerman. The greatest high five! So proud and so incredibly sad at the same time.
  • Options
    Bittersweet.
  • Options
    Larkin is next.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Larkin is next.

I think Fedorov, Zetterberg, Osgood, Datsyuk, & Kronwall might be just a tad a head of him in the number retiring line.
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

Larkin is next.

I think Fedorov, Zetterberg, Osgood, Datsyuk, & Kronwall might be just a tad a head of him in the number retiring line.
    :lol::rofl: yes I agree :smiley:
  • Options
    Not quite what I meant
  • Options
    Hehe, I kinda figured but I had to josh ya a little.