Options

PJ 20 Blu Ray ---YIKES

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Rossum20 wrote:

How awesomely misleading if that's true. If 'The Kids Are 20' is simply a removal of interviews, how can that be considered extra footage?
    that's my big question too - if its all different footage than Im in, but if its a stripped down movie on a different disc combined with a disc of fan interviews there's no way I'd watch either of them more than once.
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    i just bought the blueray dvd...and i dont have a blueray player :shock:

PS3 plays blu-ray if you have one of those.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Rossum20 wrote:
    How awesomely misleading if that's true. If 'The Kids Are 20' is simply a removal of interviews, how can that be considered extra footage?
    I'd be interested in that. It sounds like a rough cut/initial draft of the film. And there are times where I want to see the source footage, without the overdubbing.
    Leastwise, I'm hoping this what it will be.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    a hard days night on blu ray on amazon ... $30 ... 1 disc ...

it's cool to think it's expensive but no need to tell people they are drinking kool aid if they don't agree ...

The Hard Day's night blu-ray (if I'm reading this right) is an import as well, which always pushes the price up.

Yes, it's an import. The price over there is roughly $20-$21 US.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    they have never been bent on raping our wallets, if nothing else this band has always tried to find ways to keep money IN our wallets

I'm sorry... but all I can think of when I read this line is $12 Pearl Jam socks. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    I'm sorry... but all I can think of when I read this line is $12 Pearl Jam socks. :)
    True dat!!!
    12 dollars socks... definately a 'Luxury' item when you can get a 12 pack of Champion brand socks at Costco for 12 bucks.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,047
    inmytree77 wrote:
    Seriously???? $70!!!!!

Anyone willing to send me some donantions so I can buy this and feed my kids??

you're going to feed your kids a DVD?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,978
    JimmyV wrote:

I am going to wait awhile and see what else pops up. I think the deluxe is only available through pearljam.com, but I figure there will be a single disc Bluray edition available elsewhere. If not, I'll have to live with DVD.

ahhh...

i guess you're right more variations could pop up

oh well... i ordered it... i have issues ;)

I talked a good game today but by this time tomorrow I would have broken down and done the same thing. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    inmytree77 wrote:
    Seriously???? $70!!!!!

Anyone willing to send me some donantions so I can buy this and feed my kids??

you're going to feed your kids a DVD?

Get it straight, man....That' the bluray. That high resolution will keep em full for days.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,432
    bring the silver edition of video cassette with the 3 holes now!!!!!!!cant wait for this :P :P :P :P :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    It is pricey but whatever. I dont mind. Also, comparing it to Star Wars? Really?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    $60 for regular DVD, $70 for Blue Ray is a bit much...But I'm probably going to pay it, just because when it comes to stuff I love I can't stand not having the "deluxe" edition of something...

In all honesty they should have sold them as follows:
    Regular DVD w/half an hour of extra footage - $15
    Blue Ray w/half an hour of extra footage - $20
    Deluxe edition regular DVD set - $35
    Deluxe edition Blue Ray DVD set - $45

Going from $15 to $60 for a nice box and an "iffy" alternate version of PJ20 and an extra fan disc is a GIANT leap..I mean just do the simple math..that's $45 for two extra discs and a shiny box....

First it was charging us $35 for the EXACT same PJ20 book nearly EVERYONE could get for $25 or less and now this..

I'm undecided, but I will probably end up ordering this...but I'm going to aggressively search the internet and see if any other options are going to be available to purchase this. I LOVE the fact that Ten Club gives the members, "members only" goods..its what being in the club is all about..but the prices of some of their products have got to be held in check.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    It is pricey but whatever. I dont mind. Also, comparing it to Star Wars? Really?

I don't get why it's not fair to compare it to the Star Wars release. Star Wars has at least 3x the content. I think that more than makes up for the overhead disparity.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,295
    Any word if there will be a Blu-ray 3D & digital DVD disc copies included in the package? :geek:
  • Options
    Let me preface this by saying I bought the blu-ray. There's no way I wasn't going to buy it, but this is too expensive. The Eddie blu-ray is $18. Even if its 3 Discs that would make it $54. I'm assuming the packaging is really nice with some goodies thrown in. Maybe there's $16 worth of PJ20 stickers inside. Still bought it tho.

This is why the term "Unconditional Love" was created.
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    edited September 2011
    DewieCox wrote:

I don't get why it's not fair to compare it to the Star Wars release. Star Wars has at least 3x the content. I think that more than makes up for the overhead disparity.

Star Wars is also a huge franchise, released by a major studio, with a massive, worldwide fanbase of millions that will buy it. There is also a lot of different versions of it out. Not blu ray, but still.
    Post edited by EquallyWorthless on
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,793
    This is why the term "Unconditional Love" was created.

:lol:
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    There's no way I wasn't going to buy it, but this is too expensive. The Eddie blu-ray is $18.

soooo...what you are saying is....based on your purchase of the blueray....that you voted with your wallet....and said it wasn't too expensive.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    There's no way I wasn't going to buy it, but this is too expensive. The Eddie blu-ray is $18.

soooo...what you are saying is....based on your purchase of the blueray....that you voted with your wallet....and said it wasn't too expensive.

guess I'm a living oxymoron. :lol:
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    demetrios wrote:
    Any word if there will be a Blu-ray 3D & digital DVD disc copies included in the package? :geek:
    That's an extra $50, but it comes with a special commentary track from Dave A ;)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

guess I'm a living oxymoron. :lol:

how is this any different than paying for overpriced concert tix?
    if you really want something, you'll figure out a way to make it fit into the budget...whether you like the price or not.

so....we're all living oxymorons....based on the number of concerts we attend ;)
    unless of course your happy about paying an increasing amount to see the same band each tour.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    drsluggo wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    That's an extra $50, but it comes with a special commentary track from Dave A ;)

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    The extra footage will be worth it. Loved the movie and can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeve
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    This price is a joke. If you can't realize that then your love for the band is blinding you. 1 disc standard DVD for me.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I'll still probably buy the blu-ray deluxe edition. PJ + blu-ray = heaven.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I got the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu Ray set for less :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    solace23 wrote:
    The extra footage will be worth it. Loved the movie and can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeve

I think they have my wallet up there :lol:

But seriously, with so much merchandise coming out recently (even if the prices were more to my liking) I'm probably going to cut any bootlegs out of my budget. The Vs/Vitalogy CD's I already have, and the PJ20 book, movie, soundtrack as well as whatever they decide to do with the PJ20 festival shows is probably going to be all I get. Those are the main things I suppose. I don't need backpacks, socks, shoes, satin jackets, or even :cry: bootlegs. The market is kind of flooded with so much merch these days that unless I win the lottery (which if my calculations are correct will be any day now) I can barely afford to keep up with the "must have" items, let alone some of the other bullshit I would sometimes consider buying just because it says Pearl Jam on it.

Just to be clear though, I don't have a problem with them making money, and I'm not the type to go quoting Green Disease every time they turn a dime, but I do find the price of these DVD's and Blu-Rays pretty off-putting. Either their business model needs some re-thinking, or it's an excessive mark-up, or possibly a little bit of both, but I'm going to end up paying it anyway. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    inmytree77 wrote:
    Seriously????

I so wanted to give this a shout out but I just saw that The Complete EIGHT disc Harry Potter Blu-Ray Collection is available for pre-order for $47.00 USD including shipping from Amazon.co.uk.

Pearl Jam makes my head hurt sometimes! Please stop pricing me out, I want this stuff more than anything but I also have bills to pay!
    POP POP!
  • Options
    When are we going to find out what extra bonuses (stickers? poster? plecs? a lock of Eddie's hair?) we get with it? I mean it's got fancy packaging and all but for $70, there's got to be extra bonuses right?.....Right?....
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Star Wars is also a huge franchise, released by a major studio, with a massive, worldwide fanbase of millions that will buy it. There is also a lot of different versions of it out. Not blu ray, but still.

Pearl Jam is huge franchise, I realize not on the scale of Star Wars. I'm sure whatever company Cameron Crowe does his work through isn't some tiny operation.
  • Options
    When are we going to find out what extra bonuses (stickers? poster? plecs? a lock of Eddie's hair?) we get with it? I mean it's got fancy packaging and all but for $70, there's got to be extra bonuses right?.....Right?....

Looks like di-cut packaging, and they'll prolly throw a PJ20 sticker like your avatar in there.

If my hunch about the vids bonus content is correct there's not much that you're actually gonna miss out on beside the The Fans Are Alright.