Options

Who's the worst band a couple members of PJ like?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah. I think that Mike should have ripped the shit out of that solo and showed up the "Edge" but people argued that it would have been disrespectful. I am all for disrespect when it is called for. It probably would have shut up the U2 fans who think "Edge " is god..

The best guitarists ever never let anyone show them up. Hendrix would always try to play better than any guitarist, it didn't matter how much he respected or loved them - same with Buddy Guy.

It's too bad Mike, frankly, doesn't have the same balls.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Options
    u2 and the who have been the most damaging, the latter because they play the same god forsaken covers by them so often. at least buzzkills by u2 are rarities
  • Options
    Cob wrote:
    I think this is the worst staement I've EVERY seen on this forum, you may not like them or think they're lame, but to say they aren't popular is just STUPID. Do a little research before you make a dumb ass statement like that, they have sold tons of records, still have a hard core fan base to this day and besides the Beatles and Elvis they are the most collected (memorabilia wise) rock performers ever. There were plenty of other rock acts that wore some make up, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, New York Dolls.

I guess you can't read or comprehend. I fucking know they are popular, they just aren't popular for the right reasons. In other words, they are popular because of the non-musical aspects. Their actuall music has virtually nothing to do with their popularity. Memorbilia... exactly what I mean. They are just an image you bought into. You probably are a kiss fan, huh? Sure Motley Crue and others have worn make up, but again your lack or reading has confused you, Motley Crue has good music that people actually listen to. Not just coffee mugs and lunch pails that red necks think are cool. I've heard KISS, they are the worst POPULAR band I know of. I mean they can't even sing - shit.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    Sleater-Kinney has ruined many an encore for me.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I guess you can't read or comprehend. I fucking know they are popular, they just aren't popular for the right reasons. In other words, they are popular because of the non-musical aspects. Their actuall music has virtually nothing to do with their popularity. Memorbilia... exactly what I mean. They are just an image you bought into. You probably are a kiss fan, huh? Sure Motley Crue and others have worn make up, but again your lack or reading has confused you, Motley Crue has good music that people actually listen to. Not just coffee mugs and lunch pails that red necks think are cool. I've heard KISS, they are the worst POPULAR band I know of. I mean they can't even sing - shit.

I guess that's why a TON of musicians not just Mike and Matt in Pearl Jam always list them as one their main influences. There are a SHIT LOAD of bands that always have commented that if it weren't for KISS they wouldn't be around. As far as selling coffee mugs and lunch pails, they were selling Pearl Jam socks at Mansfield, along with a $5.00 bag that they sell at my local grocery store for a dollar and they also had rain panchos for sale when it looked like it may rain. In the goods section on the PJ website, you can buy a skateboard and a zippo lighter

Saying Motley Crue has good music is a borderline statement at best. This is classic, how long it take you to come up with that one???

<<<< I mean they can't even sing - shit.>>>>
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    One of the best fucking rock bands around is Social Distortion.

No
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Sonic Youth. I know they have pioneer status, and I've tried to like them, but honestly that is some of the worst shit PJ has tried to pimp.
    you should be ashamed !sonic youth is a freakin awesome act, theIR music is def not for people who like thier music spoon fed too them. so i take it u r a jello/pudding kinda guy huh.
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    Kiss rules.

Also, the answer would be Kings Of Leon and My Morning Jacket.

Ill back you on the My Morning Jacket statement. Because I hold a very stupid childish grudge against them. But Kings of Leon... Seriously?? How can you not love them?
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    Kiss rules.

Also, the answer would be Kings Of Leon and My Morning Jacket.
    both bands are excellent or r u one of those people who only like pearl Jam. Hell there aren't alot of good rock acts that are around today but at least the kings and morning jacket march to the beat of their own drum, better then all that emo crap that is out there