Options

Who's the worst band a couple members of PJ like?

Comments

• Options
    Sleater-Kinney are actually pretty phenomenal, but I guess PJ fans who only enjoy PJ, AIC, Soundgarden, and Nirvana wouldn't understand a band as talented as they are.

It's a shame Eddie wastes time in trying to find good openers when the stupid 25-40 year old fans just shit on them because they don't understand.

You're on glue.

I'm in that 25-40 range and i don't ONLY enjoy PJ, AIC, Soundgarden, and Nirvana. In fact, i can't stand Nirvana. Also, it's not that i "don't understand" i just think Corrin Tucker's voice is the worst noise my ears have ever come across.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    EF you S-K haters.

MMJ and KOL are possibly the most boring and lame rock bands out today. I have no clue why PJ enjoy them.
    WHAT?!! Kings of Leon fucking rule.The best stuff I have heard in years besides Pearl Jam.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Mike's playing is just fine, and like you said, Kiss was an earlier influence on what his does. He branched out later. He hasn't "stuck" with Kiss, although you can still hear the influence.

Mike's playing isn't fine in the same way I'm talking about...

Listen to Mike play that solo at the end of 'Alive' on Ten... Now, seriously.. Has he really gotten better since he pulled that off? That was over 15 years ago & it doesn't sound like his playing is any better than when he played that - I think he's about just as good as he was 15 years ago. That's why I'm saying he should branch out more & find more influences in guitarists.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Options
    Why do people not like U2???

I friggen love them! My second favorite band ever! "War" is amazing!

Songs like "Seconds" and "Drowning Man" send chills down my spine!

Because their songwriting & emotion hasn't felt real since Achtung Baby.. May be spelled wrong - but I've heard it & albums since.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Sleater-Kinney.

ding ding ding!
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Sleater-Kinney are actually pretty phenomenal, but I guess PJ fans who only enjoy PJ, AIC, Soundgarden, and Nirvana wouldn't understand a band as talented as they are.

It's a shame Eddie wastes time in trying to find good openers when the stupid 25-40 year old fans just shit on them because they don't understand.

Sleater-Kinney are not bad. They are pretty clever actually.

Some bands they like that are suspect:

Wallflowers
    PeteTownsend (solo..let my love open the door is suspect,sorry Pete, otehrwise solid of course) Eddie should not acknowledge his post Who solo stuff, IMO.
    Black Crowes
  • Options
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    I just thought. What if someone said Neil Young. Wouldn't that be grounds for an instant banning.

i really don't care for most neil young. amazing songwriter. but i have tried and never been able to sit down and listen to an entire neil young album.
  • Options
    deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    Deadpool wrote:
    Yeah i am with you on the My Morning Jacket, and Kings of Leon and Slater Kinney. I think all three of these bands are crap. Might as well lump Sonic Youth back in there as well. I was finally glad to see a decent opener at Bonnarroo in Jack Johnson. After I saw them at Lollapalooza and I had to sit through My Morning Jacket I was so relieved to hear them play Why Go.

wait, those bands suck and jack johnson is a good opener?? i SO have to disagree with you there. jack johnson's music should be packaged and sold as a sleep aid. it's not bad, it's just the most boring music ever.

*as a side note, is your user name referencing the mutant deadpool?? if so, you're awesome.
  • Options
    First off, just want to say that this is only my opinion, so don't take it wrong. But I would say Bruce Springsteen. I think that maybe you have to be an american to love him as much as most of you guys seem to. Up here in Canada I know noone who likes any of his stuff. Once again only my opinion.
  • Options
    i think his entire discography is given when you pledge a frat or sorority.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    TheGossman wrote:
    Kiss isn't that bad, they have a lot of good tunes, and say whatever you want but you know damn well if you grew up around the time when Mike and Stone grew up, you'd be into Kiss as well
    This is very true. two of my very best friends grew up listening to KISS and have seen the band live multiple times, including Ace Frehley solo just recently. the movie "Detroit rock city" is actually what got me interested in KIss's music. I don't love them as much as my friends do, but I would like to see them live if they ever tour again.
    Dimebag Darrell was also a huge KISS fan and he is buried in a KISS coffin made by Gene simmons himself and it's signed by all the members.
    Kiss is a huge influence on many many bands.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Death Cab for poopie!
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    VedderBlue wrote:
    Not a fan of several of them but the one that sticks out is SK - no question the worst IMO

The lead singer of that group would nearly throw me into seizure with that voice. Sad thing is how many songs were ruined when she took the stage to join Ed. Oh how she massacred songs!

I definitely agree. Maybe I didn't listen to them much...but after hearing her guest with Eddie, plus the Hunger Strike, and trying to listen to a handful of downloaded songs...my ears hurt.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    salt_creepsalt_creep Posts: 72
    Kiss sucks... terrible, just terrible.

I can't believe people are actually defending them... I can see them as someones guilty pleasure or something (like enjoying '70's disco) but I can never se them as a great musical... anything

I only see make-up, pyro, and loads of cash made from people who'll buy anything that their friend's would buy
  • Options
    So am I the only here who actually loves Sleater Kinney, My Morning Jacket and Kiss, and like KoL a whole lot too?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Sleater-Kinney.
    i'm amazed it took 10 posts to get to the right answer. mmj is good, new album is eh. kiss was good back in the day, now they are just greedy bastards.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    salt_creep wrote:
    Kiss sucks... terrible, just terrible.

I can't believe people are actually defending them... I can see them as someones guilty pleasure or something (like enjoying '70's disco) but I can never se them as a great musical... anything

I only see make-up, pyro, and loads of cash made from people who'll buy anything that their friend's would buy

I could never do the "glam" rock thing.... Anything that involves makeup is usually a no go for me.. musically speaking..

Got my lil bro into Pearl jam but he absolutely ADORES kiss.. i don't get it lol Granted they did write some catchy riffs ect but...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    this thread fucking sucks.
  • Options
    TinyFistsTinyFists Posts: 142
    So am I the only here who actually loves Sleater Kinney...?

No - I love Sleater-Kinney! I appreciate that Corin's voice is not to some people's taste. However there's no need for any sexist comments (how else could that one have been taken?!) and I'm not sure Carrie was ever known to attempt a Mike-style solo! I wonder how many of the anti-SK folk have listened to a full album rather than just the live stuff they did with Pearl Jam.

I agree about Jack Johnson though. Just so dull to me. I was travelling in Australia when In Between Dreams came out and it followed me everywhere. I went from being bored by it at the start to being absolutely bloody sick of it by the time I left!
    Try to tell me that you love me, throw your little punches at me...
  • Options
    trentktrentk Posts: 62
    Kiss rules.

Also, the answer would be Kings Of Leon and My Morning Jacket.

This is officially the dumbest post I have ever seen on the board. Good grief.
  • Options
    TinyFists wrote:
    No - I love Sleater-Kinney! I appreciate that Corin's voice is not to some people's taste. However there's no need for any sexist comments (how else could that one have been taken?!) and I'm not sure Carrie was ever known to attempt a Mike-style solo! I wonder how many of the anti-SK folk have listened to a full album rather than just the live stuff they did with Pearl Jam.

I agree about Jack Johnson though. Just so dull to me. I was travelling in Australia when In Between Dreams came out and it followed me everywhere. I went from being bored by it at the start to being absolutely bloody sick of it by the time I left!

Sleater-Kinney are probably my second favourite band, and the best gig I've seen behind Pearl Jam. I'll defend them to the death - Combat Rock is a better anti-Bush song than Ed's ever written, with a riff as good as anything Stone's ever written.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    AKA Sleater "We piss all over RITFW ... While squatting, of course" Kinney.

When they came out for Leaving Here in Charlotte 03, I was on perma-cringe the entire song and then of course the finisher with RITFW...horrible.

I know some people love them and to each their own...but they are just not for me.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    kiss and the who.
  • Options
    When they came out for Leaving Here in Charlotte 03, I was on perma-cringe the entire song and then of course the finisher with RITFW...horrible.

I know some people love them and to each their own...but they are just not for me.

I'd have said the same thing about Radiohead. You just need to hear them at the right time. ;):)
  • Options
    I'd have said the same thing about Radiohead. You just need to hear them at the right time. ;):)

When Corin's not singing? :p;)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    When Corin's not singing? :p;)

If that's what it takes. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOM107PIxV8
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,565
    Mike's playing isn't fine in the same way I'm talking about...

Listen to Mike play that solo at the end of 'Alive' on Ten... Now, seriously.. Has he really gotten better since he pulled that off? That was over 15 years ago & it doesn't sound like his playing is any better than when he played that - I think he's about just as good as he was 15 years ago. That's why I'm saying he should branch out more & find more influences in guitarists.

At MSG II I noticed how Ace Frehelys solo sounded identically to how Mike would have played it. I could not tell a difference between the two. Same licks.
  • Options
    Oh, Radiohead sucks too.

Radiohead is the only band today on the same level as Pearl Jam
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867

yeah, death to all of us OLD PEOPLE!!!!!
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options

Not horrible. :)

-Oscar Wilde