Options

Who's the worst band a couple members of PJ like?

Comments

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    AKA Sleater "We piss all over RITFW ... While squatting, of course" Kinney.
    Salman Rushdie would NEVER say that.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Sleater-Kinney are actually pretty phenomenal, but I guess PJ fans who only enjoy PJ, AIC, Soundgarden, and Nirvana wouldn't understand a band as talented as they are.

It's a shame Eddie wastes time in trying to find good openers when the stupid 25-40 year old fans just shit on them because they don't understand.

If its any consolation, in my book S-K > KOL/MMJ. They are at least somewhat unique, and I will concede the musical talent. Cannot handle large doses of the singer's voice, is all, and the guitar player is a punker, clearly. She should not try to pull off McCready-style solos.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Sleater Kinney

And yeah im hearing bad things about ted leo as well... i checked out a few of their tracks and i wasnt impressed.
  • Options
    But Kiss were lousy guitarists... I mean when I first started playing guitar, I aspired to play like the dude from the Offspring... After a while you get higher standards & better icons - which Mike did in Hendrix & UFO, etc.. But why stick with Kiss at all?

Mike needs to drop the Kiss guitarists & listen to more Charlie Christian - his playing would be a lot better for it.

Mike's playing is just fine, and like you said, Kiss was an earlier influence on what his does. He branched out later. He hasn't "stuck" with Kiss, although you can still hear the influence.
  • Options
    Salman Rushdie would NEVER say that.

That probably came across as sexist ... I didn't mean it that way.
    :)
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    But Kiss were lousy guitarists... I mean when I first started playing guitar, I aspired to play like the dude from the Offspring... After a while you get higher standards & better icons - which Mike did in Hendrix & UFO, etc.. But why stick with Kiss at all?

Mike needs to drop the Kiss guitarists & listen to more Charlie Christian - his playing would be a lot better for it.

I listen to good artists, it still doesn't help my playing. :p:D

As for Kiss, I grew up listening to them in middle school in the early 2000's and they will always have a spot in my heart.

And this thread kind of turned into a opening band discussion, not actual bands the members like.

One last thing, I do agree that most people here feel like they can only like Pearl Jam or they aren't a true fan. My Morning Jacket is amazing. But to each their own.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    This thread can be closed after I click on these next two buttons.

u 2
  • Options
    HA! You said what I was thinking earlier.
  • Options
    I'll agree on U2. They blow.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Why do people not like U2???

I friggen love them! My second favorite band ever! "War" is amazing!

Songs like "Seconds" and "Drowning Man" send chills down my spine!
  • Options

Anyone else think the solo "THE EDGE" did at the poverty history concert with Pearl Jam was the lamest and down right most godawful thing you ever heard.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    Yeah i am with you on the My Morning Jacket, and Kings of Leon and Slater Kinney. I think all three of these bands are crap. Might as well lump Sonic Youth back in there as well. I was finally glad to see a decent opener at Bonnarroo in Jack Johnson. After I saw them at Lollapalooza and I had to sit through My Morning Jacket I was so relieved to hear them play Why Go.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    EF you S-K haters.

MMJ and KOL are possibly the most boring and lame rock bands out today. I have no clue why PJ enjoy them.

You obviously werent at bonnaroo... MMJ killed it..
  • Options

If only 2 songs send chills down your back they must be good eh??
  • Options
    There's really no bands they like that I dislike although I really want to like Kings of Leon and My Morning Jacket, but I just can't get into them. I have their albums and have forced myself to listen to them many times but cannot find anything I like. I respect them as bands and will pretend to like them, but still really can't get into them.
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340

Well early U2 is great, but for me anything after Joshua Tree blows....
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    pateljam wrote:
    Well early U2 is great, but for me anything after Joshua Tree blows....
    Achtung Baby is awesome, Pop is good.. anything after Pop gets pretty boring.
  • Options
    There's really no bands they like that I dislike although I really want to like Kings of Leon and My Morning Jacket, but I just can't get into them. I have their albums and have forced myself to listen to them many times but cannot find anything I like. I respect them as bands and will pretend to like them, but still really can't get into them.

MMJ is the most overrated band in the history of this message board.

As for U2, I like many of their tunes as well. I don't consider them a good band, but that's a pretty subjective call anyhow.
  • Options

I dont own a single MMJ cd. Never heard them prior to Roo. Maybe its that you gotta see them live to like them? Although its very possible you have already seen them live. Anyways, they put on a SHOW at Roo.
  • Options
    Oh, Radiohead sucks too.
  • Options
    Oh, Radiohead sucks too.

Well at least they mail out the fan club tickets... he/he
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    Oh, Radiohead sucks too.

Yet you like the stale shit that is MMJ?

I've seen MMJ live and it was awful.

Radiohead are amazing, however
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    pateljam wrote:
    Well at least they mail out the fan club tickets... he/he

Part of the fun is picking them up at 2pm not knowing what to expect.
  • Options
    Yet you like the stale shit that is MMJ?

I've seen MMJ live and it was awful.

Radiohead are amazing, however

Can you change your member name to someone more significant? Maybe A Ram or D Lee? Anyways, to each his own. Go Pale Hose. Sweep tomorrow!
  • Options
    VedderBlueVedderBlue Posts: 40
    Not a fan of several of them but the one that sticks out is SK - no question the worst IMO

The lead singer of that group would nearly throw me into seizure with that voice. Sad thing is how many songs were ruined when she took the stage to join Ed. Oh how she massacred songs!
    45 Shows & Counting!!!
  • Options
    I just thought. What if someone said Neil Young. Wouldn't that be grounds for an instant banning.
  • Options
    If only 2 songs send chills down your back they must be good eh??
    Um, those are two of MY favorites of the top of my head.. I said "songs like".. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Part of the fun is picking them up at 2pm not knowing what to expect.

ouch... so true!
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    J-PJ-P Posts: 16
    Deadpool wrote:
    Yeah i am with you on the My Morning Jacket, and Kings of Leon and Slater Kinney. I think all three of these bands are crap. Might as well lump Sonic Youth back in there as well. I was finally glad to see a decent opener at Bonnarroo in Jack Johnson.

Jack Johnson over KOL, MMJ, Sleater Kinney and Sonic Youth!? He's like a sixth rate James Taylor (who also blows).