Options

**** Toronto 1 Fanviews Here 9/11/11 ****

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35 wrote:

Incredible show to see for the first one. Did you travel all the way from the Rock for this show?

yeap, and it was worth it. I couldn't go another tour without seeing them. I was 16 when they came to Newfoundland, living in a small town far from st. john's. Needless to say I had no way to the show. Being a student its not easy to save enough money to travel either. I caught up pretty quick with 56 different songs in 2 nights :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

thanks!! ... i hope this vid never gets taken down ...
  • Options
    in reliving some of the shows ... didn't pick up that it was ed's idea to bring out his guitar for mike in RITFW ... kudos to ed ...
  • Options

Does anybody have footage/audio of the first time Ed played Chloe Dancer? I understand that it was played in Atlanta in 2003 but I can't find it anywhere. I'd love to here what it sounded like back then.
  • Options

Does anybody have footage/audio of the first time Ed played Chloe Dancer? I understand that it was played in Atlanta in 2003 but I can't find it anywhere. I'd love to here what it sounded like back then.
    good question..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert... it was amazing! I've been on a PJ high all week.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    snommocc wrote:
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert... it was amazing! I've been on a PJ high all week.
    Sounds like my brother
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    snommocc wrote:
    so lucky you get this one first :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    400_PearlJamToronto11Night1D.jpg

Floor. Section C. Row 13. Seat 16

Ah Toronto! How how love you. Let me count the way's!!! Last time I seen Pearl Jam @ the ACC was back in '05. I missed their '06 show's there cause of work. But this night, the magic started back up again for me. I was pretty exhausted after their set list. Maybe cause of the pre party @ the Loose Moose that got we worked out or the moving & shaking that night @ the ACC but damn, it was awesome!! When I heard the first few seconds of Chloe Dancer being played I froze! The place fucking went nuts!!! Ed was talking about Neil Young a few times. So they play Rockin' In The Free World. After all the lyrics are played & done Uncle Neil comes out and jam's the fuck out of that place for another 8 or so minutes? I couldn't remember but man that crowd was going crazy. Nothingman though, really touched me that night. Song that pretty much tears me apart, maybe cause it brings back memories of close friend(s) I used to remember. The show was great. How can they top night 2 after this night?
  • Options
    So we were waiting behind Princess of Whales theater on Saturday to catch the band leaving. We were hoping they'd stop to sign a few autographs, but they took off pretty quickly.

There was a press guy there with his huge camera hoping for a shot and as the band rushed away he says; "I guess they dont care about their fans."

Suck it, press guy. One thing I can say for sure, especially after being at tonights show, is Pearl Jam LOVES their fans!

Thanks for an amazing night boys! And thanks to the good folks around me in section 108! Can't wait for tonight!!

I was in 108 night 2....amazing....
    Live Music Live Earth
  • Options
    So we were waiting behind Princess of Whales theater on Saturday to catch the band leaving. We were hoping they'd stop to sign a few autographs, but they took off pretty quickly.

There was a press guy there with his huge camera hoping for a shot and as the band rushed away he says; "I guess they dont care about their fans."

Suck it, press guy. One thing I can say for sure, especially after being at tonights show, is Pearl Jam LOVES their fans!

Thanks for an amazing night boys! And thanks to the good folks around me in section 108! Can't wait for tonight!!

I was in 108 night 2....amazing....
    where exactly at 108? :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    You've all relived this by now, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xf0LWidCag

:D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Wow! Cool. Nice. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    a concert that was amazing wont 4get it ever. :mrgreen:
    natetoronto
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    Best concert I have been too in my life!
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    That was by far the most amazing show I have ever witnessed. I totally agree with what everyone else has said so far, especially that I don't think anybody but Mike knew that Neil was coming out. Eddie's face was awesome.

I never thought I'd get to hear the It's Okay tag and still can't really believe that I did, but then throw Neil into the mix and it's just insane.

I could not be any happier than I am right now.

Man, that setlist is SICK! I SO thought they were going to throw on the It's OK tag in Hamilton, but no dice. Killer show. Can't wait for the boots to hear this one...that place must have absolutely ERUPTED when Neil came out. Would have loved to have seen Eddie's face :o
    Truth be told, I wanna live my life with the volume full!

Barrie, ON 08/22/98
    Toronto, ON 10/05/00
    Buffalo, NY 05/10/11
    Hamilton, ON 09/15/11
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    yoshi75 wrote:
    That was by far the most amazing show I have ever witnessed. I totally agree with what everyone else has said so far, especially that I don't think anybody but Mike knew that Neil was coming out. Eddie's face was awesome.

I never thought I'd get to hear the It's Okay tag and still can't really believe that I did, but then throw Neil into the mix and it's just insane.

Man, that setlist is SICK! I SO thought they were going to throw on the It's OK tag in Hamilton, but no dice. Killer show. Can't wait for the boots to hear this one...that place must have absolutely ERUPTED when Neil came out. Would have loved to have seen Eddie's face :o

The place went bananas, by far the best show I have attended
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    yoshi75 wrote:

I wouldn't have traded any of the other Canada tour's setlists for that one (but I have to admit the Vancouver one seemed pretty good, especially with a full version of Little Wing to finish things off).

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    yoshi75 wrote:

in my top 5 for sure...
    and is the first show that i got all 3 first favorite songs at the same set ..Black,Alive,Nais
  • Options
    upon reflection ... this may be the best show i've been to by the band ...

some other memorable ones i was at include buffalo 2003, msg 2010 and las vegas 10th anniversary show ...

but it's because of a combination of things ... this is why Toronto 1 was special to me:

1. it was the day after the world premier of PJ20 which i was very fortunate to be part of ... it was a time for reflection and celebration for their band with all their loved ones in attendance ... the crew was at the premiere ... it was a time when everyone they cared about was around to celebrate their first 20 years ... i think that energy carried on into the show ...

2. although i'm not one to get upset hearing alive for the 3rd time in 3 nights ... i do agree that it loses it's appeal ... with it being the first of the 3 shows i saw ... all the music was fresh again ... they could have honestly done all their major songs and it wouldn't have mattered to me because the songs had an added meaning that night ...

3. i think that energy of it being a celebration was part of the overall crowd ... it may not have the loudest nor dance crazy crowd ever but everyone there was giving off a such a positive vibe that it filled the arena ...

4. watching uncle neil come on stage and seeing the boys just have an amazing time with him really hit home why they are so great ... it's the music ... it's the relationship and connection not only with the fans but to each other and to their family and friends ... these guys are in their 40's ... not old per se but they aren't raw either ... so, when they are absolutely having a blast on stage in a very genuine spontaneous moment ... it shows ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    upon reflection ... this may be the best show i've been to by the band ...

some other memorable ones i was at include buffalo 2003, msg 2010 and las vegas 10th anniversary show ...

but it's because of a combination of things ... this is why Toronto 1 was special to me:

1. it was the day after the world premier of PJ20 which i was very fortunate to be part of ... it was a time for reflection and celebration for their band with all their loved ones in attendance ... the crew was at the premiere ... it was a time when everyone they cared about was around to celebrate their first 20 years ... i think that energy carried on into the show ...

2. although i'm not one to get upset hearing alive for the 3rd time in 3 nights ... i do agree that it loses it's appeal ... with it being the first of the 3 shows i saw ... all the music was fresh again ... they could have honestly done all their major songs and it wouldn't have mattered to me because the songs had an added meaning that night ...

3. i think that energy of it being a celebration was part of the overall crowd ... it may not have the loudest nor dance crazy crowd ever but everyone there was giving off a such a positive vibe that it filled the arena ...

4. watching uncle neil come on stage and seeing the boys just have an amazing time with him really hit home why they are so great ... it's the music ... it's the relationship and connection not only with the fans but to each other and to their family and friends ... these guys are in their 40's ... not old per se but they aren't raw either ... so, when they are absolutely having a blast on stage in a very genuine spontaneous moment ... it shows ...
    how awesome when this happening..days weeks pass from the show and comes in mind and gives you so many feeling..
    the show was amazing in any possible way...this band...is.....just Number 1...
  • Options
    Did anyone else notice that when Eddie sang

"...until a quarter to ten
    ...I saw the strain creep it"

It actually was 9:45pm

?

?
  • Options
    best show of Canada tour
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    best show of Canada tour

+1
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    best show of Canada tour

+1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXPXLF1FyAU
  • Options
    toblerusse wrote:

?

?

seriously!? ... definitely did not notice this ... coincidence?
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    polaris_x wrote:
    toblerusse wrote:

?

?

seriously!? ... definitely did not notice this ... coincidence?

hahaa thats pretty cool
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011