What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It is possible for a lit cigarette to get stuck in your bra and still not get burned.... The bra, of course, is ruined. :fp:
    your boobs are dangerous :shock: :lol: glad their unharmed :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It is possible for a lit cigarette to get stuck in your bra and still not get burned.... The bra, of course, is ruined. :fp:
    your boobs are dangerous :shock: :lol: glad their unharmed :D
    :lol: Thanks! It was pretty scary. :lol:
    But everyone at the BBQ really seemed to enjoy the screaming there-is-a-lit-cigarette-in-my-bra!!! dance around the backyard! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    duska3419 wrote:
    :evil: SPF 85 is USELESS!!!!!!!!!!

you have to reapply sunscreen often for it to work properly. just add a 0 at the end of the labeled SPF and that's how many minutes until you should reapply, (unless it's 50 or over, then just reapply it as if it's a 35).

i find the the best ones seem to be zinc oxide and titanium oxide. i don't know if it is true, but my dermatologist said anything with helioplex actually attracts the sun to your skin.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    duska3419 wrote:

not expired.... 08/2015. But it's supposed to be reapplied every 2 hours which i didn't do.

Shep good sunscreen isn't cheap. The one I use (which works for regular/everyday uses, but not 8 hours sweating in an amusement park) was on sale for $8 for a 3 oz lotion bottle last week at CVS.

This stuff was $18 or 5 oz in an spray can... so at least 2 oz of it get's wasted... :lol:

ombrelle-spf-45.jpg

this stuff is the shit. unfortunately it's only available in Canada as far as I know. It's been recommended by every Canadian Doctor and dermatologist I've ever been to.... I have the inlaws and the 'rents restock my supply whenever they visit from Canada...

this also means I normally don't pay for it, so I have no idea how much it costs... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mr. RK is no fun...when we go look at open houses, I want to go and look at million dollar houses for shits and giggles-no pressure to buy, you're just looking...and he just refuses. :evil:

When else are you gonna be able to go look at a million dollar house and not have to be 'pre-qualified' to look at it?!?!?! :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mr. RK is no fun...when we go look at open houses, I want to go and look at million dollar houses for shits and giggles-no pressure to buy, you're just looking...and he just refuses. :evil:

When else are you gonna be able to go look at a million dollar house and not have to be 'pre-qualified' to look at it?!?!?! :roll:

i'm with the Mr. on this one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

why? He will go and look at half million dollar houses with me...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

why? He will go and look at half million dollar houses with me...

hmm...in that case...that doesn't make sense....

i won't look at any house i can't afford. just no sense in it. imo. i know some people dig that shit tho.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    If you spend 57.5 hours at my job in a week they'll tell you to take Sunday off.
    81 wrote:

hmm...in that case...that doesn't make sense....

i won't look at any house i can't afford. just no sense in it. imo. i know some people dig that shit tho.

I convinced him to look at the half-million dollar houses just to show him what more money would get us...at least he agreed to stop looking at houses in what I consider 'ghetto neighborhoods'. :lol: (yes, I realize what Seattle considers as a 'bad neighborhood' is probably considered a 'safe neighborhood' in say..Chicago)

oh, thread intregity: My feet were dirtier after a day in Georgetown than they were after an entire day of rain at Alpine...and Georgetown doesn't have many cows or grass or mud.

- Christopher McCandless
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Bon Jovi isn't the same without Ritchie Sambora
    I lost a bet...
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Can't say I learned much...
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I learned that I'm not too old yet to pull an all-nighter. Still going strong :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    learned that a bottle of jameson doesn't last as long as i thought.

and i learned a lot from speedy, i just don't remember what it was...
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Hehhe thanks again so much for that shirt and the bottle...even tho we tore through it in mere hours!! It was a pleasure spending time with you and Erika....enjoy the rest of your trip!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Hehhe thanks again so much for that shirt and the bottle...even tho we tore through it in mere hours!! It was a pleasure spending time with you and Erika....enjoy the rest of your trip!!

and most of all, I learned that you are incredibly kind and generous, and lot of fun. You made our trip so much fun. thanks.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

and most of all, I learned that you are incredibly kind and generous, and lot of fun. You made our trip so much fun. thanks.
    Awww shucks. :) You're good people my dear!
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    edited July 2013
    I received a strong ultimatum from the soon-to-give-birth wife that if I want to be at the hospital during birth, I cannot even comsume non-alcoholic beer since it has alcohol in it.

Edit: So this is what I learnt. Non-alcoholoc beer has alcohol in it.
    Post edited by jumbojet on
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I learnt that Iron Maiden has the same 17-song setlist all throughout their 2013 Made in England tour.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I learned that I can go on a 24 hour adventure of a lifetime all by myself and have a blast.

and to all of those that said " your so brave" - Not so much - I'd like to think of it as uninhibited and adventurous.

Wrigley ROCKED!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I learned that I can not possibly navigate a ball park, never mind a big city, all on my own.
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Not to jump to conclusions :oops:
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    A few good things :mrgreen: and a few bad things. :|
    I lost a bet...

:think:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

And a whole lot of interesting things. ;):lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    lazloblue wrote:
    I learned that I can go on a 24 hour adventure of a lifetime all by myself and have a blast.

and to all of those that said " your so brave" - Not so much - I'd like to think of it as uninhibited and adventurous.

Wrigley ROCKED!

I second that emotion, my friend. You + me in the South, Baby!!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    jumbojet wrote:
    I learnt that Iron Maiden has the same 17-song setlist all throughout their 2013 Made in England tour.
    another reason to fart (wet even)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    chadwick wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

What was the first reason?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dankind wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

What was the first reason?
    it's iron maiden & it's not 25 yrs ago or was it that most songs are the twin of another? still though a talented outfit... kinda

i like their artwork & i am going to get a 6pack of their beer or have the empty bottles mailed to me
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

And a whole lot of interesting things. ;):lol::lol:

I wasn't even there and I heard some interesting things!

- Christopher McCandless