What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    RKCNDY wrote:
    When they assume you are Canadian, they then assume you will spend lots of money...LOTS of money.

Really? I always thought the assumption was that they arrived on a horse.
    I thought it was a Moose

Could be Moose, eh.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    When they assume you are Canadian, they then assume you will spend lots of money...LOTS of money.

I got asked if I was Canadian. When I said no, he pretty much walked away. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    RKCNDY wrote:

I usually get asked what it's like to live in an igloo... and where I stable my dog sled team.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    shep wrote:

I usually get asked what it's like to live in an igloo... and where I stable my dog sled team.

So what was it like in the igloo and where did you store the dogs? :corn:
  • That I'm working on Christmas
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I learned, it is true, we have both heaven and hell here on Earth.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Tell your kids often how much you love them and hope and I pray my kids will be safe when they go to school... :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    mikalina wrote:
    Tell your kids often how much you love them and hope and I pray my kids will be safe when they go to school... :(
  • mikalina wrote:
    The schools here are on lockdown. I'm glad.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • pandora wrote:
    I learned, it is true, we have both heaven and hell here on Earth.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • RKCNDY wrote:

Recently, I have learned that we could have taken unlost to a petting zoo, and educated her some more on camels, and their feet.

so unlost either didn't know what a camel toe was, or she wears her bicycle shorts 2 sizes too small. which is it?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • shep wrote:

^^^this. I once was asked, seriously, by some people in New Orleans what it was like to live in an igloo. SERIOUSLY.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    That Smalbany really can't deal with any type of snowstorm effectively as far as snow removal goes.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    It is exhausting looking for a new home
  • im trying hard,but i cant do all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I also learned that some stores already have the Valentine's Day crap out.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    To expect a 20 minute walk to get out of the Miracle Miles Mall in Las Vegas... when you aren't shopping
    To expect a 20 minute walk to get out of the Miracle Miles Mall in Las Vegas... when you aren't shopping

That's how they all are. Easy to get in...not so easy to get out. :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    DS1119 wrote:

That's how they all are. Easy to get in...not so easy to get out. :lol:

:lol:

Just a bunch of women slowwwwwly looking at stuff... come on already! :lol:
    That Luxury Crackers have nothing to do with being actual crackers. Like a RITZ. Not like that at all.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    DS1119 wrote:
    I also learned that some stores already have the Valentine's Day crap out.
    I almost fell over when I saw that!!!
    That I'm not the only woman that puts on mascara in the car while at a traffic light
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Over my 11 day weekend, I learned that I'm still falling....
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    afroannnie wrote:
    Over my 11 day weekend, I learned that I'm still falling....

:corn:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    I learned that I'm not supposed to my dummy tire on the rear axel of my car...

I learned this at 2 am on Sunday night after 16 hours of flying, when I returned to find my car in the parking lot, with the passenger side rear tire completely flat.

having to put the dummy on the front, and then put the front tire on the rear at 2 am sucks balls.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    making out with your best friend (of the opposite sex, in this case) can be smoking hot. :o
    -to leave well enough alone
    -to stop making others a priority when clearly i'm just an option
    -that good friends are hard to come by
  • I learned
    that I make the best Cream of Wheat
    in the house-
    booyah!

Side note:
    Does anyone else call it 'creamy wheat'?
    I think this is wrong.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shep wrote:
    I learned that I'm not supposed to my dummy tire on the rear axel of my car...

I learned this at 2 am on Sunday night after 16 hours of flying, when I returned to find my car in the parking lot, with the passenger side rear tire completely flat.

having to put the dummy on the front, and then put the front tire on the rear at 2 am sucks balls.

full size spare for the win.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm not quite sure. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg