Options

*** Pearl Jam - PJ 20 Show 2 Fanviews Here ***

Comments

• Options
    What a great show! I scored 9th row lottery seats through 10club, and even better, they were right on the aisle. This made viewing even better. This show had several firsts for me. First time wearing earplugs to a show. Initially, I thought I would be the only one. But when you look around, quite a few people had them. Some people even had these expensive ones that you put in a travel case? I chose the cheap kind you get in a factory, but they worked fine. I initially knew I would need them when I sat down for the Mudhoney set and it was LOUD.

Anyhow, PJ was rushing to start on time, and when they finally came out...Wash!! I had never heard that song live, let alone as an opener. Hearing Habit with Liam Finn was incredible. That dude had so much energy he had to be on something. Reminded me of Jack Black. Daughter with the Its OK tag was awesome. I think the best version they played this tag was Jones Beach 2000, but this version was really good too. Red Mosquito was cool, but Julian didn't add anything to the song. I am not a big fan of his. He seemed genuinely a huge Pearl Jam fan, but his voice was nothing memorable.

The interchange between Eddie and Stone before No Way was funny. I kinda got the impression Stone was sticking up for his guitar tech by not immediately wanting to do the song. Song came out great once they finally played it. Spin the Black Circle....Mike did like 5 laps around the stage!!! I thought he would quit after one, but he was on fire!

Hearing Chris wish the band happy birthday was one of the highlights of the night for me. All the band shook hands with each other, and it was like it finally sunk in how big of a deal 20 years is.

I will admit, I didn't think Chris would come out for night 2, but he did great. And after hearing the night 1 boot again, he did botch up the lyrics to Reach Down, so he performed it again and nailed it.

I thought the show was over after Alive but they kept going. Rockin in the Free World was awesome with all the bands up there. Plus, Mike threw out a bunch of Eddie's guitar picks and I caught one!!

The show ended, which leads me to the part that was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. As I am walking up to leave, on the left side of the ampitheater, there is this guy, leaning up against the outside wall of the bathrooms, beating off in plain view. That was just way wrong. Not sure if anyone else saw it, but be glad you didn't.

All in all, great show, great weekend. Hopefully, Pearl Jam will do more of these in other parts of the country so others can experience the back-to-back shows, museum, 10club area, the whole experience.
  • Options
    Hearing Leatherman, Satan's Bed, and Red Mosquito in a row and Habit which are top 5 Pearl Jam songs for me would have been easily enough. But throw in songs I had never heard before like Wash, LBC, It's Ok, Nothingman, No Way, and this was my 8th show but my first Rockin in The Free World which I love.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I loved hearing Daughter / It's okay, New World w/John Doe, Smile with Glen. It was awesome to see these live after listening to them on boots for so long. Cornell two night in a row was awesome!
    Epic weekend & thank you so much! I will have wonderful memories for ever!!
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    CrazyJazy wrote:
    there is this guy, leaning up against the outside wall of the bathrooms, beating off in plain view.

:lol::lol::lol:
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    WaveRyder wrote:
    CrazyJazy wrote:
    there is this guy, leaning up against the outside wall of the bathrooms, beating off in plain view.

:lol::lol::lol:

i actually joked about how the show was so good it made me want to jerk one out. Again, i joked.....
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    CrazyJazy wrote:
    on the left side of the ampitheater, there is this guy, leaning up against the outside wall of the bathrooms, beating off in plain view.

phew...i was beating off on the right side of the amphitheater...and i was leaning against a porta-potty...thankfully, I don't think anyone saw me
    1998: Alpine night 2
    1999: Alpine Tibetan Freedom Concert (ed)
    2000: Tampa, Jones Beach x3, Alpine, Chicago, St. Louis, Cincy, Seattle x2
    2003: Champaign, St. Louis, Chicago, Alpine, Indy, KC, Council Bluffs, Philly x2
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Chicago x 2
    2010: Indy
    2011: Alpine x 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    and if you guys wanna search best even flow version.....just wait for the bootleg of tonight.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZw73c3i60
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129
    Thought I would repost this here.

October 4, 2011 - 09:42 — n8dawg79

One month ago those of us fortunate to be in Wisconsin were gearing up for the second day of the festival. Hopefully each of you enjoyed it as much as I did. That weekend will remain in my mind for years to come. In the month since, returning back to the 9-5 has been a challenge. But it was definitely worth the 32 hours in a car, driving there and back, the rain, and all the difficulties in adjusting back to the everyday routine. Thank you to the band for playing these shows. Over that weekend I was able to meet Jammers from Venezuela, Peru, and from all over the USA. Thank you to the other fans for the camaraderie you shared.
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Options
    n8dawg79 wrote:
    Thought I would repost this here.

October 4, 2011 - 09:42 — n8dawg79

One month ago those of us fortunate to be in Wisconsin were gearing up for the second day of the festival. Hopefully each of you enjoyed it as much as I did. That weekend will remain in my mind for years to come. In the month since, returning back to the 9-5 has been a challenge. But it was definitely worth the 32 hours in a car, driving there and back, the rain, and all the difficulties in adjusting back to the everyday routine. Thank you to the band for playing these shows. Over that weekend I was able to meet Jammers from Venezuela, Peru, and from all over the USA. Thank you to the other fans for the camaraderie you shared.
    that was a great post..thank you
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    seriously, how freakin awesome was PJ20?!?!?!?

Was a bloody long way togo for one weekend, but I'd do it again in a second.

The people we're just amazing!!

.......band wasn't too bad either :D:D:D
    Perth 98
    Melbourne 03 (x2)
    Melbourne 06
    Melbourne 09
  • Options
    seriously, how freakin awesome was PJ20?!?!?!?

Was a bloody long way togo for one weekend, but I'd do it again in a second.

The people we're just amazing!!

.......band wasn't too bad either :D:D:D
    hehe
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It literally took me a week after getting back and back to work to get back into the everyday routine and in the swng of things. And think my ears were still ringing for the first week back at work. Already got my poster, tickets, and wristband framed together....looks pretty sick!

My buddy and I were talking that we could've just gone for a "PJ20 Month". :lol: The one song that may have rocked the most for the entire weekend could''ve possibly been Deep. Just an absolute kick ass weekend and thanks to everyone that I met for making it an enjoyable weekend, the hugs and the high fives, and for sharing the excitement.

Now that it's been more than a month removed, it feels like the weekend was a dream.....can I go back??
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    psst,Mike...hey God.....i didnt comment at all so far about the version of the best song at the history of music at that show....just to let you know,that i got that little diamonds,you play at the solo....thanks..
  • Options
    Loved the Show PJ, thanks once again for a fantastic time.

Here's to the next 20

Thanks for the inspiration :)
    Lollapalooza Chicago, IL 8/07
    Old Deer Creek Noblesville, In 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley East Troy, Wis 9/3/11 --PJ 20--
    Wrigley Chicago, IL 7/19/13
    ...Thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    My top PJ opener is Release, 3/4 shows!
  • Options
    Def worth me driving 15 hours to be with great friends, at a great place, listening to amazing music. Happy anniversary!!!!! honored to be a fan.
    Pearl Layne
  • Options
    DH192170 wrote:
    honored to be a fan.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Have we exhausted all ways to say how awesome this night was?
  • Options
    whygohome wrote:
    no :)
  • Options
    whygohome wrote:

there aren't enough adjectives...
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    Johnny WongJohnny Wong Wauwatosa, WI Posts: 193
    just finally uploaded this:

http://youtu.be/GFCOKOIKhLs
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    just finally uploaded this:

http://youtu.be/GFCOKOIKhLs
    *like*!!!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    I miss this so much.

Bring me back to the best weekend of my life.

So glad we made it...
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
  • Options
    childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    I'm baffled as to why this weekend hasn't been released at all. Not offered for download or DVD, nothing?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'm baffled as to why this weekend hasn't been released at all. Not offered for download or DVD, nothing?
    Still trying to figure out what to do with them.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    Newch91 wrote:
    Still trying to figure out what to do with them.
    I guess if they are going to do some deluxe DVD box set or something -- I wonder if it has anything to do with the Temple of The Dog stuff -- copyright issues? I don't know it just seems wierd they haven't at least offered them for download.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
  • Options
  • Options
    today,one year ago..
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Where is the rewind button in this circus of tomfoolery called "life?"