Options

I don't want PJ20 weekend to turn into a WM3 celebration.

124»

Comments

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    pre-whining rules!
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Don't worry, OP, I don't think the WM3 can leave the state, since they got 10 years probation.

Does that make you feel better??

It was stated at the press conference that they are under "no travel restrictions."

But there are plenty of other reasons for the OP and any other like-minded individuals to NOT worry listed throughout the entire thread!

Cheers!
  • Options
    saveyousaveyou Posts: 38
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Jeez, these guys haven't been out of prison for more than an hour or two and you guys are already fighting about it. Damien Echols is Ed's FRIEND. He's not just some political cause to be argued over. While I personally don't want the focus of PJ20 to shift either, if Ed wants to have his FRIEND there to celebrate such a momentous occasion (whether that refers to PJ's 20th Bday or these guys getting out of prison or both), why should he not be able to do that? If you were having a big blowout bash with tons of people celebrating your birthday and one of your FRIENDS was suddenly able to attend with his family because he was unexpectedly released from prison after 17 years for a crime he likely didn't commit, wouldn't you want him there to celebrate with you or to at least be able to acknowledge it at your own party? More often than not, the generosity and passion of the 10C members is amazing to me but at times the petty bickering over things that HAVEN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET drives me up a wall. Now can we please go back to arguing over the re-entry policy, or the schedule, or the non pre-sale for posters, etc. etc.?

Thank you...some sanity!
    The selfish, they're all standing in line
    Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time
    Me, I figure as each breath goes by
    I only own my mind
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    Smellyman wrote:
    pre-whining rules!

:lol:

I hope Ed talks about the WM3 the whole time.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DarbyCrash wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:
    pre-whining rules!

:lol:

I hope Ed talks about the WM3 the whole time.

Me To
  • Options
    JMEZA2JMEZA2 Posts: 4
    I agree, I would lose alot of respect for this band if it becomes more then a mention.

Fact is.. how do we know these are not the killers? What if they are? They were found gulity by a jury.

I dont know if they did it or not, no one does and that makes me feel really weird about all this celebration talk and people being happy justice was served...how do you know that?

But hey maybe Casey Anthony will be there too.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    JM113302 wrote:
    I agree, I would lose alot of respect for this band if it becomes more then a mention.

Fact is.. how do we know these are not the killers? What if they are? They were found gulity by a jury.

I dont know if they did it or not, no one does and that makes me feel really weird about all this celebration talk and people being happy justice was served...how do you know that?

just because you are found guilty doesn't mean you actually are guilty. look at OJ, he was found not guilty even though he did it.

i suggest you research the whole case from start to finish before making a sweeping judgement bout 3 grown men who you don't know from a whole in the wall.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Seems you dont know how to read metsfan...I know these guys as well as you do, Im saying how are you sure they didnt do it?

Ive researched this case as much as one can research ever since seeing the docs way back, I know Jessie MissKelley confessed and as much as people want to say it was forced have a listen: http://youtu.be/2ptqYd0oJCk

My judgement leans towards guilty but who really knows, what makes you sure they are not?

There are alot of unbiased websites with information about the case you can also read, I love Pearl Jam but just cause Eddie backs something doesnt mean you know what your talking about.

GO PHILLIES!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    JMEZA2 wrote:
    Seems you dont know how to read metsfan...I know these guys as well as you do, Im saying how are you sure they didnt do it?

Ive researched this case as much as one can research ever since seeing the docs way back, I know Jessie MissKelley confessed and as much as people want to say it was forced have a listen: http://youtu.be/2ptqYd0oJCk

My judgement leans towards guilty but who really knows, what makes you sure they are not?

There are alot of unbiased websites with information about the case you can also read, I love Pearl Jam but just cause Eddie backs something doesnt mean you know what your talking about.

GO PHILLIES!!
    i have never once backed this case cause of eddie. i make my own decisions and am not a fanboi that laps up everything the band does or band say or like other band just cause pearl jam does.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• Options
    No but your a Mets fan and thats just as bad.
  • Options
    JMEZA2 wrote:
    No but your a Mets fan and thats just as bad.
    do you wanna have a actually convo bout this or just throw cheap shots a me being a mets fan and troll the board?

• Options
    Eddie dedicates Won't Back Down to the WM3
  • Options
    No not trying to have a conversation, I will go back and troll now. Been trolling for almost 10 years strong now.

They should dedicate Blood.
  • Options
    Eddie dedicates Won't Back Down to the WM3
    i hope he brings them out on stage and then they go into Won't Back Down and after that they can have Damien sing Army Reserve

• Options
    MS294728MS294728 Posts: 20
    You're not the only one man. I couldn't agree with you more.
    drsluggo wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Speak for yourself... the worry of this taking over PJ20 is all I can think about now. :lol:
  • Options
    MS294728MS294728 Posts: 20
    Exactly right. Eddie doesn't know for sure if these guys aren't the killers.
    JMEZA2 wrote:

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    It will get a mention for sure. If any of them are there it would be because it's a part of the history of the band and a celebration of something they all fought for.
    I'm sure it won't take over the whole weekend, but be prepared to hear about it once or twice.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Yea and I want them to play Alive.
This discussion has been closed.