Weird Sh*t People do in the office.

Comments

• Dont even get me started on microwave ethics! Seriously...How the HELL does a microwave get so disgusting?!?!? I mean, I havent cleaned mine at home in like...well, i dont ever remember cleaning it...because its ALREADY CLEAN!!! Im about to stop eating lunch altogether because of the nastiness of the office microwave. Its like a freakin baby diaper exploded in there....HELLO...you didnt notice that YOUR lunch exploded all over the place? And if you did notice, you just LEFT IT THERE?!?!?! And of course, not one single person in the office is responsible for the mess, and its like a Mexican stand-off on who is going to clean the thing. We'll probably get a new one before this one ever gets clean. :sick:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• I work in a small (under 20) company and we are all pretty close. We bust on each other about these sorts of things frequently -- I do like these folks but this is a list of 5 that comes to mind right away:

1) We have one restroom in the building that is 'Mud-Free Zone.' This was by mutual agreement by us all when we moved into our new offices last year. One guy in particular hits that head on his most hungover of mornings and positively ruins the place. We laugh at it but it is fucked up. His leavings smell like he lives on a diet of cod liver oil, moose dung & some rancid foreign cheeses.

2) The kitchen area is directly across from said 'Mud-Free Zone.' WTF? Who would ever eat there? Makes me want to puke.

3) There is an overweight co-worker who wants to lose weight. She is now a vegan and microwaves the most heinous shit you would ever think about eating. The entire place smells like a turd wrapped in burnt hair. (Anchorman!) The worst part for her is that she isn't losing any weight....the rest of us however have to endure those awful, awful smells permeating the building.

4) The oldest guy we work with is ALWAYS sick. I am not talking about the sniffles. We work in fear of hearing a large crash in his office and of finding him slumped over his keyboard. I literally gag a few times a day as I hear the disgusting throat clearing/hacking/gasping that comes from his office. Just this AM I was laughing at some sounds with my CEO and he said "I hope he doesnt pass at work." My answer was that we spend the most time at work or sleeping so it was likely to be one of those two places. Straight disgusting.

5) This is the worst of them all -- the vegan has a voice that is 5x too loud. I love her, she is a great person, but enduring the food smell and the loud voice make me like her less. Some days, given the choice of listening/smelling option vs. pounding a nail through my scrotum and into my desk chair, I might tell you to give me the hammer.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    people that clip their nails (fingers or toes? not sure) at their desks.

WOW i have three people that do that here around me... I get so disgusted its not fit. Im like wtf. Now the new thing at work is the mens urinal. Someone put a long ass pube on the top of the urinal.... I have to stand about 2 feet back to piss not to touch anything else thats lingering. :lol: This happens a couple times a week.

I expect one day to walk in there and see a deuce in the urinal... (south park....okay)

what a playground.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Dont even get me started on microwave ethics! Seriously...How the HELL does a microwave get so disgusting?!?!? I mean, I havent cleaned mine at home in like...well, i dont ever remember cleaning it...because its ALREADY CLEAN!!! Im about to stop eating lunch altogether because of the nastiness of the office microwave. Its like a freakin baby diaper exploded in there....HELLO...you didnt notice that YOUR lunch exploded all over the place? And if you did notice, you just LEFT IT THERE?!?!?! And of course, not one single person in the office is responsible for the mess, and its like a Mexican stand-off on who is going to clean the thing. We'll probably get a new one before this one ever gets clean. :sick:

at the last place I worked at, the people there would NEVER clean their exploded lunch-and besides the fact that we also heated up warming packs for the surgery animals in there too...there was all kinds of nastiness in there. So the boss finally bought a new microwave...and the turntable plate got broken within a week (how do you break the turntable plate? that thing is tempered glass...did they bounce it off the knucklehead newbie's noggin?)

So on the closing list they added 'clean inside and outside of microwave'....but nobody ever cleaned the coffee pot or the carafe. :sick:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    81 wrote:
    i like to use the lower level restroom to avoid co workers when doing my business.

You can find me in the handicapped stall every morning at about 715 am. :lol::lol:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    I'm in a cube....it kills me when people talk on a coference call in their cube with speaker phone on and everyone in the area can hear EVERYTHING....drives me nuts.
  • 81 wrote:
    i like to use the lower level restroom to avoid co workers when doing my business.

You can find me in the handicapped stall every morning at about 715 am. :lol::lol:

Is that wrong? You recall the Seinfeld episode that touched on that? Hey, the regular stall is filled and regular folks can wait, why should the handicapped stall go w/o used except by someone who is handicapped?
  • Ok...I know its coming sooner or later...so im just gonna throw it out there
    I guess we should be happy that we have jobs...

So.... now that we're all grateful to have our shitty jobs...we can resume the bitching...

So...what is the percentage of men who can actually aim? Because it seems to me that 95% of the men who use the facilities in my office surely missed target practice. Seriously...The office is comprised of mostly females...WHO SIT ON THE TOILET. Wipe that piss up man! I should not be forced to squat at my place of employment :x This isnt a fucking concert. We are all sober here (unfortunately). Hmm...maybe thats my problem...maybe I need to start drinking BEFORE I get to work...not after I leave. All this BS would be much more tolerable :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    So. I usually work from home 3 days a week but need to be in the office this month. Interacting with people 5 days a week has it's advantages except for the dude across from me being shoeless right now. No shoes, no socks. Unreal. I think I'm to the point of asking him if he got his shoes stolen on the way in.

Discuss

I definitely walk around barefoot from time to time, but I have my own office so it shouldn't bother anyone :D I like to sit on a Pilates ball instead of a chair, some may say that's weird. Oh I also do some jump-roping every hour on the hour to get the blood flowing. Hmm I'm starting to think I'm the weird one in the office!!

Yes, yes you are.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    There's this lady that finds it necessary to touch my shoulder before she starts a conversation. It's pretty creepy. I think it's time to tell her to step off

Maybe she thinks you're hard of hearing :mrgreen:
    What?

Nah she's kind of like the close talker on seinfeld. She does this to everyone.

I used to do pranks every once and a while. Once I took the remains of the three hole puncher, cut out the bottom of a coffee cup and filled it up. Wrote a note under it that said "thanks for all your help! Enjoy the free coffee". She lifted that thing up and the little papers went everywhere.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    [So...what is the percentage of men who can actually aim? Because it seems to me that 95% of the men who use the facilities in my office surely missed target practice. Seriously...The office is comprised of mostly females...WHO SIT ON THE TOILET. Wipe that piss up man! I should not be forced to squat at my place of employment :x This isnt a fucking concert. We are all sober here (unfortunately). Hmm...maybe thats my problem...maybe I need to start drinking BEFORE I get to work...not after I leave. All this BS would be much more tolerable :lol:[/quote]

What we're not suppose to piss on the seat? I must have missed that interoffice memo....

I kid I kid... couldnt resist.

A drink before... during... and after work is always great. :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'm in a cube....it kills me when people talk on a coference call in their cube with speaker phone on and everyone in the area can hear EVERYTHING....drives me nuts.

i take ALL my calls on speaker phone. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Nami wrote:

:think:
    This calls for some Hennigans.
    The no smell, no tell scotch 8-)

Nami wrote:

:think:
    This calls for some Hennigans.
    The no smell, no tell scotch 8-)

mmmm, i think all the big wigs are out tommorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

love the basement handicap stall.

there is somebody that uses the reg stall that always puts up a sheet of toilet paper people can peak thru the crack between the wall and door. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    this one time. at a big corporate cell phone company I used to work at..there was a sign that was put up in the men's bathroom "please refrain from wiping boogers on the wall...there are tissues on the counter, and bath tissue with extra rolls in each stall" the sign was placed in each stall, above the urinals, on the mirror by the sinks.

my friend Matt told me that whoever it was, wiped boogers on each of the signs...by the next day.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    this one time. at a big corporate cell phone company I used to work at..there was a sign that was put up in the men's bathroom "please refrain from wiping boogers on the wall...there are tissues on the counter, and bath tissue with extra rolls in each stall" the sign was placed in each stall, above the urinals, on the mirror by the sinks.

my friend Matt told me that whoever it was, wiped boogers on each of the signs...by the next day.

:lol:

In the parking garage of my first job out of college they never cleaned anything. Ever. One day I decided I would take the gum I was chewing on the way into work and put it on top of a 'fire hose case' which was near my access elevator....and keep putting it there every day until someone cleaned.
    I shit you not, it was nearly a year and some 200 pieces of gum that were on top of it before someone finally cleaned it.
  • Boy, this thread is making me feel better about my co-works.
    I have a problem with the strong smells such as coffee, microwaved food and perfume. The office is small and has no air-conditioning and all the smells accumulate in my office:( One of the worst situations was when a co-worker all of the sudden stated wearing Patchouli Oil every day... That is some rank stuff and lingers for days. It took the rest of us awhile before we figured out what the smell was. Needless to say, it was very uncomfortable confronting her.
    Oh ya... temperature is an issue. This same worker likes it hot and runs the heater even in the summer.
    RKCNDY wrote:

we had the same deal. HR sent out an email about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    81 wrote:

I work on the second floor. It's not the lower level but, it's mainly a floor of guys. I'm not a guy. I love that normally I get the bathroom to myself. There are two sets of bathrooms on our floor. I hate it when people come to our floor to CRAP! Go to your own stinky ass bathrooms! The bathrooms on other floors are DISGUSTING. And they want to spread that here, on our floor? WHY?? I hate those people. When I see someone not from my floor in the bathroom, I don't even smile! Go Crap on your own floor!

I have never taken off my shoes at work. I don't mind when people do it but there are some people whose feet stink worse than any BO i can describe. Why are they always the ones that like to take their shoes off??!?! WHY?????

I used to work in a department where I was the only non-asian. They would actually go to china town to get their chinese food and the entire department smelled like cat food. It was so disugsting. They also would bring food from home to microwave it in our break room(our department had its own) and leave the door open so the whole department smelled like a dirty chinese restaurant. It was bad. The weird thing was, we got a non-asian manager at one point and she said she didn't smell anything. WTF?!??! HOW IN THE HELL NOT!?!?

Ok now no offense to asians. I straight told my co-workers to close the door, their food was stinky. I'm not talking behind anyone's back!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    RKCNDY wrote:

In the parking garage of my first job out of college they never cleaned anything. Ever. One day I decided I would take the gum I was chewing on the way into work and put it on top of a 'fire hose case' which was near my access elevator....and keep putting it there every day until someone cleaned.
    I shit you not, it was nearly a year and some 200 pieces of gum that were on top of it before someone finally cleaned it.

speaking of parking garages....fuckin wrong way drivers. they are always go up teh down ramp, or cutting thru spots. almost hit some broad head on coming back from lunch.

they said they were going to tow people if they ever saw them do it, but that was all hot air.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lizardjam wrote:
    81 wrote:

I work on the second floor. It's not the lower level but, it's mainly a floor of guys. I'm not a guy. I love that normally I get the bathroom to myself. There are two sets of bathrooms on our floor. I hate it when people come to our floor to CRAP! Go to your own stinky ass bathrooms! The bathrooms on other floors are DISGUSTING. And they want to spread that here, on our floor? WHY?? I hate those people. When I see someone not from my floor in the bathroom, I don't even smile! Go Crap on your own floor!

my building is 7 floors plus a basement. my company is only on one of the floors. sometimes, i will go to a random floor and use their restroom. they all look the same, but it always feels odd.

sort of fun. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    81 wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    81 wrote:

my building is 7 floors plus a basement. my company is only on one of the floors. sometimes, i will go to a random floor and use their restroom. they all look the same, but it always feels odd.

I go on my floor. But, see it's nice 'cause there aren't many girls and we have two bathrooms, mostly the other one is used. I love it. I just like the privacy! I don't know how people stink it up so badly. Do they flush or just leave it? Once I went in there and there was exploded shit all over the stall. HOW IN THE WORLD?!?!?
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    i like to use the lower level restroom to avoid co workers

I do this but only to avoid getting the lights turned off on me by a friend/co-worker. It's an on-going, and obviously childish game we have going on.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    81 wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    81 wrote:

I always go upstairs to crap. We actually got an e-mail about it, saying to use the bathrooms on your own floor. Of course they put in some shitty TP on our floor, and still have regular TP upstairs, so I still go up there. Fuck 'em.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Masturbate into co workers drinks.
    I'll be back
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    All of this bathroom talk makes me think of my HUGEST pet peeve. The bathroom on our floor has 4 stalls. I always choose an end one so that if someone else comes in, they have 2 choices of stalls. But for some reason, people ALWAYS choose the stall directly next to me. WTF! If there's open stalls, why oh why would you choose one next to an occupied one?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    So. I usually work from home 3 days a week but need to be in the office this month. Interacting with people 5 days a week has it's advantages except for the dude across from me being shoeless right now. No shoes, no socks. Unreal. I think I'm to the point of asking him if he got his shoes stolen on the way in.

Discuss

I definitely walk around barefoot from time to time, but I have my own office so it shouldn't bother anyone :D I like to sit on a Pilates ball instead of a chair, some may say that's weird. Oh I also do some jump-roping every hour on the hour to get the blood flowing. Hmm I'm starting to think I'm the weird one in the office!!

Yes, yes you are.

But nobody can see these antics!!! I'm not the worst in my office by far. There are 3 of us, each with our own office. My boss has the middle office. Instead of getting up to come to my office to talk to me like a normal person, she screams at me through the wall for every little mundane detail. Most of the time I pretend like I don't hear her :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    All of this bathroom talk makes me think of my HUGEST pet peeve. The bathroom on our floor has 4 stalls. I always choose an end one so that if someone else comes in, they have 2 choices of stalls. But for some reason, people ALWAYS choose the stall directly next to me. WTF! If there's open stalls, why oh why would you choose one next to an occupied one?

idiots. i hate that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Mamasan23 wrote:

That's why you take paper and marker and write out of order and put it on the stall door before you use the bathroom. Or get a bottle of chocolate syrup and make a mess with it on the toilet. Throw some corn in there.
    I'll be back