Weird Sh*t People do in the office.

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So. I usually work from home 3 days a week but need to be in the office this month. Interacting with people 5 days a week has it's advantages except for the dude across from me being shoeless right now. No shoes, no socks. Unreal. I think I'm to the point of asking him if he got his shoes stolen on the way in.

Discuss
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've taken my shoes off on friday's, but always had socks on.

hmmm

i like to use the lower level restroom to avoid co workers when doing my business.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    Oooh, weird. Some ladies do that here. Still kind of weird, but not as bad. I don't want to see other men's feet, especially at work.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

i like to use the lower level restroom to avoid co workers when doing my business.
    Thats normal. The building i work in has almost 5k employees in it. I go to entirely different regions of the building.

Before smartphones there was a 50 50 chance you would find a printout of a Simmons article on the floor.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    don't even get me started on the strange habits, sounds, smells that come from all around me. I can't stand it.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    don't even get me started on the strange habits, sounds, smells that come from all around me. I can't stand it.
    Do it.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

How do you know people aren't thinking the same thing about you?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • kid i work with at a bank comes in all the time with holes in his clothes. i finally asked him last week if he'd been mauled by a dog.

his answer: oh, i musta been flexing

:roll:

jesus christ, people are fucking delusional
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
    ok, one thing, without being too specific about who - but let's just say that lunch time can smell like rotten chinese food. And it hits like a wave of stench, I almost gag - literally have to get up and walk away. I mean I like chinese food, but this stuff is nothing like I have ever had. Just foul, like boiled, sour cat piss.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i like to fart in my office. it's sort of like a game...will somebody walk in before it clears :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ok, one thing, without being too specific about who - but let's just say that lunch time can smell like rotten chinese food. And it hits like a wave of stench, I almost gag - literally have to get up and walk away. I mean I like chinese food, but this stuff is nothing like I have ever had. Just foul, like boiled, sour cat piss.

They call it tiger piss, actually.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    BLACK35 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

How do you know people aren't thinking the same thing about you?

who knows?, maybe I do. But I am aware that there are other people around me who probably wouldn't appreciate me doing some of the things I see, hear, smell.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cat piss goes sour?!!? How much worse could cat piss smell??? J/K btw.. So glad I clean my litter box twice a day!!
    there is this one douche that always has pj going. fuck, i can only listen to even flow so many times before i want to pull my ear drums out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    there is this one douche that always has pj going. fuck, i can only listen to even flow so many times before i want to pull my ear drums out

is this the same guy whose office always smells like farts?
  • I sit near the customer service department and they all baby talk one another. "Would you pwetty pwease enter this order fo me??" I want to throw up.
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i like to fart in my office. it's sort of like a game...will somebody walk in before it clears :lol:

i always seem to lose when i play this game...
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

that's why I keep a can of Lysol in the cabinet behind me, for when people walk through my area, sometimes I can't wait to leap out of my chair and start spraying.

and the chinese food someone mentioned, there are a lot of asian people at my work place, and no offense to anyone, but some of the nasty stuff they eat, gags me to no end. Some type of fish stuff that they then microwave, turns my stomach, I have to get up and walk away.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    theres one guy here that wears no shoes during the day. walks around the floor with customers and all and has no shoes on. wth?

another guy who belches no matter who's around. And does not excuse himself. Does it purposely to piss people off. I can see if there aren't customers around...but come on...control it when we have international customers in.

geeze...i can go on and on...quite a bit of weird shit.
  • 81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I do that too....hoping specifically for one coworker in particular to pop in my office to tell yet another one of her pointless, idiotic stories I couldn't care less about
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I used to work with a guy who wore flip flops to work after he was told that it wasnt ok to wear them. His feet must have had some rigor-mortis or something because that was the most wretched attack on my olfactory senses I ever had. keep your shoes on.

And dont microwave fish please! :evil:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    So. I usually work from home 3 days a week but need to be in the office this month. Interacting with people 5 days a week has it's advantages except for the dude across from me being shoeless right now. No shoes, no socks. Unreal. I think I'm to the point of asking him if he got his shoes stolen on the way in.

Discuss

I definitely walk around barefoot from time to time, but I have my own office so it shouldn't bother anyone :D I like to sit on a Pilates ball instead of a chair, some may say that's weird. Oh I also do some jump-roping every hour on the hour to get the blood flowing. Hmm I'm starting to think I'm the weird one in the office!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    I play a game called 'how many times can I turn off the coffee pot in one morning.'
    It's fun when a few of them get pissed off about it.

My next game is gonna be called 'how many times can I blame the coffee pot fiasco on someone else.'
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    people that clip their nails (fingers or toes? not sure) at their desks.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

some old guy was doing that on the train one morning, I wanted to vomit
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

this one drives me absofuckenlutely nuts!!! Keep your hygiene at home!
    There's this lady that finds it necessary to touch my shoulder before she starts a conversation. It's pretty creepy. I think it's time to tell her to step off
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Discuss

I definitely walk around barefoot from time to time, but I have my own office so it shouldn't bother anyone :D I like to sit on a Pilates ball instead of a chair, some may say that's weird. Oh I also do some jump-roping every hour on the hour to get the blood flowing. Hmm I'm starting to think I'm the weird one in the office!!

Yeah, you might say. :lol:

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    the people who put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and set it for like 5 minutes and walk away...they only come back when the entire place reeks of burnt popcorn....or the microwave is on fire.

that stuff stinks up the place for days...and when you nuke your lunch, your lunch smells/tastes like burnt popcorn.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • There's this lady that finds it necessary to touch my shoulder before she starts a conversation. It's pretty creepy. I think it's time to tell her to step off

Maybe she thinks you're hard of hearing :mrgreen:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self