Options

Pearl Jam ONLY campsite! read on..

Comments

• Options
    Sites still available also someone is running a shutle across the road see you there!
  • Options
    Three of us are driving up from Philly andstaying here. Should be an awesome time. We will be driving back and forth to the venue with a pick up Truck, so if anyone needs us to bring stuff to the Parking Lot for them, no problem. Also if there is anyone staying here that wants to be the DD, you are more than welcome to hitch a ride with us. See yas there.
  • Options
    ten2o3ten2o3 Wausau, WI Posts: 225
    Sites still available also someone is running a shutle across the road see you there!
    fyi: shuttle is on the other side of the lake and there are no sites, just an open field by the lake, and they'll only have portable bathrooms and portable showers for the tenters. This detered a couple of the people I'm with (i.e. the girls) from staying here.
    This place will be a lot of fun after the show! Bonfire blazing when you all get back there!!!!
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    10/19/14 St. Paul
    10/20/14 Milwaukee (Yield in full!!!)
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    ten2o3 wrote:
    fyi: shuttle is on the other side of the lake and there are no sites, just an open field by the lake, and they'll only have portable bathrooms and portable showers for the tenters. This detered a couple of the people I'm with (i.e. the girls) from staying here.
    This place will be a lot of fun after the show! Bonfire blazing when you all get back there!!!!

the lake is so clean i might just bathe in it
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    With the schedule out now, it looks like we'll be able to sleep in, which means we get to STAY UP LATE!!!!! :D
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    Bump!!! This place will be way better than other campsites after show. By the time you get out of Alpine all other campsites will be in Quite time. This one will have campfire ready for us!!! still 100 spots left lets fill it up with JamHeads!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense!!
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Yeahhhhhh! Going to be a goooood damn time!
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    I've been looking for a place to camp. This seems like it would be a blast, but has anyone actually been here before? Is this kind of like Wildhorse near The Gorge (for those that have been) - basically a huge grass area to pitch tents next to each other? Also, is this really that close - I see like 45mins from the theater?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    ritg19 wrote:
    I've been looking for a place to camp. This seems like it would be a blast, but has anyone actually been here before? Is this kind of like Wildhorse near The Gorge (for those that have been) - basically a huge grass area to pitch tents next to each other? Also, is this really that close - I see like 45mins from the theater?

mapquest doesnt respond to the resort/camping site address but from Delavan to Alpine it says its about 20 minutes... a straight shot up I-43.

I've never been here before but if it's jammer exclusive, I don't give two shits about much as long as it's with a reasonable distance.
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    I will be staying here as well!!!! Rock on!!! :D
  • Options
    Pat did say it was a straight- 9 mile shot away from AV. She's also going to print out directions for those who want it and she's going to drive it a few times the week of to make sure there's no construction or issues with her directions. Gotta love her already! haha
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    I'm not familiar with the area, so I could be off I guess. But if i mapquest Turtle Lake in Delavan, WI to AV Music Theater I'm seeing like 45mins. Also note that the Alpine Resort is over 20 minutes West of Alpine Theater (and Turtle Lake is West of Alpine Resort), so they could be quoting distance from that area instead. Sounds like a good time regardless of actual distance. I'm trying to gauge whether or not I should change from my Lake Geneva reservation.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    Bump!!!
  • Options
    Has anyone been here before or from talking with Pat, know how big the "field" next to the lake is? Are we going to have room to stretch out our things or will we be packed in like sardines?
  • Options
    I know she mentioned a shuttle across the lake not affiliated with her. Who do we contact for that shuttle? I know it was previously mentioned, but if there's enough people, we could always arrange a bus for the Mcintyre's side of the lake we're staying on. :D
  • Options
    I group of us are staying both nights here, couldnt beat the price, and Pat seemed like a real nice lady on the phone... Figured it would be a good place to stay, and party at afterwards... Noticed that someone posted up about maybe getting a bus shuttle for this campground as well... I am down for that, if the price is reasonable...

4 of us staying Night One
    3 of us staying Night Two

Can't wait to drink a few brews at the site/bonfire with everyone...

See you all at PJ20
  • Options
    I'll bring the whiskey!

Do they have a burnout pit? :lol:
  • Options
    Considering canceling my reservations at an Elkhorn B&B as we are having trouble arranging a ride to and from the shows. Would like to book/camp here if I could verify the shuttle service availability.

Has anyone booked with the shuttle service? Do you have their contact info?

Just fyi, we drove into the resort this past weekend and attempted to plot our course to and from the B&B(West of Alpine). We ran into 2 snags...County Rd A was closed and we were forced to detour. Then as we approached County Rd D there is a bridge out just west of Alpine valley. We basically had to loop around twice and this could really be a pain in the ass with concert type traffic. Not sure if they will be re-opened by labor day. The gals at the resort front desk encouraged us to take I43 north(past county rd D) to the County Rd G exit and back track this way.

Also, the ampitheatre/venue is about a half mile west/north of the ski resort...not 20 miles as someone mentioned in an earlier post!
  • Options
    Shuttle service is through Snug Harbor which is about a 3/4 mile walk from McIntyre's or a good swim across the lake. The roundtrip cost is $45/per day per person, and yes this was confirmed. Shuttle departs daily at 2pm only and returns after the show(I assume they will do a head count so they dont leave any of us behind). The woman to contact is Sharon, 608-883-6999.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Damn!! I'm gonna have to look into this!!
    I have no overnight plans yet...

Should probably do it soon...don't want it to get full!

As others have said, is it a pretty big area? 300 people is a lot, and i'd rather not be sleeping ontop of other fans...unless they are hot chicks! :lol:
  • Options
    I just called Pat...SUPER nice lady!!

Booked two nights (Saturday and Sunday night). I am PUMPED!!! :D

Any of you getting there on Friday night, wanna save us (two of us) a nice spot? :D;)
  • Options
    My buddy said that Pat told him that she is trying to get a friend to use his pontoon boat to take us over to the shuttle. That would be nice.
  • Options
    PJ_Hawkeye wrote:
    My buddy said that Pat told him that she is trying to get a friend to use his pontoon boat to take us over to the shuttle. That would be nice.

That would be badass!! :D
  • Options
    PJ_Hawkeye wrote:

Amazing. I really didn't think the campsite could get any better.....until I read this. haha :D
  • Options
    I Just got a spot here and will be driving up from chicago. Anyone want to share a ride?
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • Options
    Bump!!! #PJ20
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    anybody bringing a grill?
    Post edited by WaveRyder on
  • Options
    I'll have a grill and tailgating games.
  • Options
    I Just got a spot here and will be driving up from chicago. Anyone want to share a ride?

from Chitown or to the show?
  • Options
    coughlocoughlo Posts: 6
    cheers for the heads up on this.just booked myself and my buddy in for the 3 nights.coming over from ireland.i also rang snug harbor about the shuttle and was quoted 45 dollars per person per day which is 180 for both of us.sounds a bit steep!!didnt book,going to see what happens when we get there or maybe someone could let me know another option.all we have to now is stop in a walmart on the way from chicago and pick up a tent and a few bits and bobs [and loads of beer]!woohoo!im like a kid waiting for santa,see ye all in turtle lake!! :D