Options

The New England Patriots Thread

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    this defense is pathetic....

When you make Rex Grossman look like Dan Fouts ... that's not a good thing.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    This is getting pretty dicey.

edit: WHEW

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    So ... who are the Pats playing today? I haven't heard much about the game.

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    jimed14 wrote:
    So ... who are the Pats playing today? I haven't heard much about the game.

The Denver Tebows
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Brady with the Gronk smash ... just a little fired up?

407230_10150533407514365_6879409364_10704562_456084485_n.jpg

Suck it, Teblow.

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Nice win, thankfully hearing about Tewbow is behind us!
  • Options
    Prayers were not going to help Tebow beat the Pats today. We are just that good. Go Patriots 8-)
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    After Tebow says his evening prayers the hand of God is going to come down and bitch slap the Patriots tonight after they go to bed. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Well ... that completes pretty much the most awesome weekend possible for the Pats.

Wins over Miami and Buffalo in the next two weeks = #1 seed.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    jimed14 wrote:
    Well ... that completes pretty much the most awesome weekend possible for the Pats.

With their defense they're going to need that #1 seed as well as healing from injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Dolphins playing very well of late...they will be a ton of jawing in this household for that game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

With their defense they're going to need that #1 seed as well as healing from injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Dolphins playing very well of late...they will be a ton of jawing in this household for that game.

Peace

Glad they are home games. Both of those teams will be playing their Super Bowls.
  • Options
    How about Mark Anderson coming up with some huge plays after Andre Carter went down?

Can't wait for Saturday.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    One thing that I think we all need to discuss ... Tiquan Underwood's Kid n Play throwback hair ...

Underwood.jpg

... and how fucking SPECTACULAR it is.

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    tom brady reportedly has a shoulder xray...that cant be good
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    Davidtrios wrote:
    tom brady reportedly has a shoulder xray...that cant be good

non-throwing shoulder
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Todays game started off pretty rocky but after the first quarter they got their shit together. Would never have guessed they would have won by THAT margin. Still, #1 seed, bye-week and home field throughout is the best you can expect. Bring on the next opponent and hope they bring their A game. Would love for their next road trip to be to Indy. :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    So ... we're really going to pull for Tebow this weekend against the Steelers .. eh?

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    So ... we're really going to pull for Tebow this weekend against the Steelers .. eh?
    Yep! But I'm less worried about the Steelers than the Bengals. The Steelers aren't intimidating.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Yep! But I'm less worried about the Steelers than the Bengals. The Steelers aren't intimidating.

If this hints at the Bengals being intimidating ...

well ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    Here we go again ...

Tebow, the chosen one of God ...

tebow-christ2.jpg

vs. the demonic Tom Brady (see here holding Satan's goat) ...

tom+brady+goat.jpg

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Wow this thread has come to a halt. The Patriots meant business and played something unfamiliar......DEFENSE

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Early line has the Pats as a 7.5 point favorite.
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    g under p wrote:
    Wow this thread has come to a halt. The Patriots meant business and played something unfamiliar......DEFENSE

Peace

Hopefully, the defense shows up against the Ravens.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    jmurray wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

The Ravens had 227 total yards of offense today.
    Not exactly a powerhouse.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

The Ravens had 227 total yards of offense today.
    Not exactly a powerhouse.

That had something to do with the Texans being in Joe Flacco's face all day long.

Something the Patriots occasionally struggle with.

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    brady is gonna pick apart the ravens...they were picked apart by the texans...

hope u scrubs lose,but i doubt it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    jimed14 wrote:
    vs. the demonic Tom Brady (see here holding Satan's goat) ...

tom+brady+goat.jpg

sort of looks like the Cubs goat. hmmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Pats have won a few more times than the Cubs in the past 10 years ... let alone, 100 years.

As for facing the Ravens ... I think both those teams yesterday are pretty similar (Texans and Ravens), the only difference was I wouldn't have been as worried facing a rookie QB.

It'll be a very tough match up ... I'll be nervous all week.

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    jmurray wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Plus 1 ;) Go Pats!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad