Options

The New England Patriots Thread

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    g under p wrote:
    I always pick them to get to the SB and THIS year Im pleasantly surprised they ACTUALLY got there. That said the NYG have NEVER lost a SB....I think it's time that they do in a blowout.

Peace
    The Giants have lost a Super Bowl: Super Bowl 35 to the Ravens and it was a blowout. :sick:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    That said the NYG have NEVER lost a SB

Actually, the Ravens beat them in Superbowl XXXV.

They've never lost an NFC Championship game, perhaps that's what you're thinking.

All I know is that I'm in the exact same place I was 4 years ago ... the Pats could win, the Pats could lose ... it's 50/50.

I am oddly more at ease about this game, probably because they are not the prohibative favorite.

Also because it's 2 weeks away.

Also because ... they are really playing with house money after yesterday ... WHEW.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    Newch91 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    I always pick them to get to the SB and THIS year Im pleasantly surprised they ACTUALLY got there. That said the NYG have NEVER lost a SB....I think it's time that they do in a blowout.

Peace
    The Giants have lost a Super Bowl: Super Bowl 35 to the Ravens and it was a blowout. :sick:

Opps I gather they did I didn't expect the Ravens to do anything that year. Still this SB will not be close.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    New York would be wise to walk through a fake first 20 plays in there walk through practice to completely throw off and stun the Patriots. The Pats won't know what to do when the opposing team runs plays they don't know before hand.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    As a lifelong Pats fan, all I can say is I think the Pats wil win. It will not be easy by any means. I expect the Giants to have the lead for a portion of the game. It will be stressful, hard-fought, and a flat out dogfight. but when the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th quarter, I predict the Pats will have a higher score.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    As a lifelong Pats fan, all I can say is I think the Pats wil win. It will not be easy by any means. I expect the Giants to have the lead for a portion of the game. It will be stressful, hard-fought, and a flat out dogfight. but when the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th quarter, I predict the Pats will have a higher score.
    I don't trust the Giants or any other team against the Patriots with a lead until the clock says 0:00 in the 4th quarter because of Tom Brady. He's that damn good. You need to play A++ D to stop him.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    I don't trust the Giants or any other team against the Patriots with a lead until the clock says 0:00 in the 4th quarter because of Tom Brady. He's that damn good. You need to play A++ D to stop him.

Yeah, he might be the best QB in the history of football this time next month. Only time will tell. I gotta tell you though. The thought of Manning, Bradshaw, Jacobs, Cruz, Manningham, and possibly Nicks all on the same offense in addition to Tuck and Umenyiora as pass rushers is enough to make any opposing fan shudder. The G-men have a great team and have earned their spot in the Super bowl. It's gonna be a great game.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Yeah, he might be the best QB in the history of football this time next month. Only time will tell. I gotta tell you though. The thought of Manning, Bradshaw, Jacobs, Cruz, Manningham, and possibly Nicks all on the same offense in addition to Tuck and Umenyiora as pass rushers is enough to make any opposing fan shudder. The G-men have a great team and have earned their spot in the Super bowl. It's gonna be a great game.
    Same can be said for the Pats with Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker. Dangerous offensive weapons, especially the two tight ends. The Pats O Line does a great job blocking for Brady and giving him all the time in the world to throw the ball. I can't wait to see what Perry Fewell and the other coordinators on defense think up for the game.

Can't wait for the game. Going to be a great game and hopefully another Super Bowl classic.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Alright, I'll start the shit talking...

tom-brady-yankees-hat-man-purse.jpg

A Yankees hat and a purse :oops:
  • Options
    C'mon cliffy, even I can do better than that ...

tom-brady-ugg.png

tom+brady+goat.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    C'mon cliffy, even I can do better than that ...

tom-brady-ugg.png

tom+brady+goat.jpg

:lol::lol:

I guess I was starting to to strike a nerve with the Yankees hat and the purse was just an added bonus.

What the fuck is the goat picture for?
  • Options
    But remember ... that got him this ...

Gisele%2BBundchen%2Btom%2Bbrady.jpg

... which sure beats the hell out of sticking your hands under Ryan Wendell's ass.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I guess I was starting to to strike a nerve with the Yankees hat and the purse was just an added bonus.

I think the goat picture was a GQ spread.

And as long as the guy keeps taking the Pats to the Superbowl ... I don't care if jeagler writes 10 pages on how this NorCal guy is wearing a Yankees hat and he's a fraud.

DO ... NOT ... CARE. :D

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    But remember ... that got him this ...

Gisele%2BBundchen%2Btom%2Bbrady.jpg

... which sure beats the hell out of sticking your hands under Ryan Wendell's ass.

This is true. I would give her a shot if she asked nicely.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think the goat picture was a GQ spread.

And as long as the guy keeps taking the Pats to the Superbowl ... I don't care if jeagler writes 10 pages on how this NorCal guy is wearing a Yankees hat and he's a fraud.

DO ... NOT ... CARE. :D

What's with GQ making athletes look like idiots? You would think when arod approached the mirror or someone handed Brady a fucking baby goat, someone would step in and say, "you know what, this might not be the best idea ever"

This is true as well. But still....a Yankees hat...of all teams...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyKic_fKBk
  • Options
    See cliffy ... if you want to tweak the kids in this thread ... THIS is what you post ...

tyree.jpg

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    See cliffy ... if you want to tweak the kids in this thread ... THIS is what you post ...

tyree.jpg

Just getting started, lots of time over the next couple weeks. I haven't even started with that game ;)
  • Options
    I'm just getting it out of the way ... I'm over it, but I know a lot of my friends back in Boston aren't.

I'd rather talk about the game. But yeah ... 2 freakin' weeks to wait ... oooof.

Edit .... you'll always have Tyree ... we'll always have Dave Roberts ...

DaveRoberts_display_image.jpg?1313098547

Just the way it goes in this battle between NY and Boston.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm just getting it out of the way ... I'm over it, but I know a lot of my friends back in Boston aren't.

I'd rather talk about the game. But yeah ... 2 freakin' weeks to wait ... oooof.

But yeah, 2 weeks to talk about a football game when there is only so much to say. I think we need a little kick back in the Boston-NY rilvary. Kind of got pretty dry these past few years
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Edit .... you'll always have Tyree ... we'll always have Dave Roberts ...

DaveRoberts_display_image.jpg?1313098547

Just the way it goes in this battle between NY and Boston.

Fucking Dave Roberts.
  • Options
    The key to the first game in early Nov against big blue ...

Turnovers:

Giants - 2
    Patriots - 4

Patriots got enormously lucky winning against Baltimore and losing the turnover battle by 2. And hell, they almost pulled this game out agsint the Giants in November.

Brady seems to get frustrated and feels this need to force the ball ... that shit has to stop.

I stuggle to think after getting away with what went on against Baltimore, Brady is going to play that horribly again ... but, the Giants D will have something to say about it.

Again, cautiously optomistic ... very cautiously optomistic.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Turnovers:

Giants - 2
    Patriots - 4

Patriots got enormously lucky winning against Baltimore and losing the turnover battle by 2. And hell, they almost pulled this game out agsint the Giants in November.

Brady seems to get frustrated and feels this need to force the ball ... that shit has to stop.

I stuggle to think after getting away with what went on against Baltimore, Brady is going to play that horribly again ... but, the Giants D will have something to say about it.

There is no way Brady is going to play like he did last weekend. It looks like it will be a good game. Both teams are going to have their hands full stopping the passing game. The Giants obviously have a much better shot than they did last time around so I will second your cautious optimism.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Turnovers:

Giants - 2
    Patriots - 4

There is no way Brady is going to play like he did last weekend. It looks like it will be a good game. Both teams are going to have their hands full stopping the passing game. The Giants obviously have a much better shot than they did last time around so I will second your cautious optimism.

Giants are certainly peaking at the right time ... getting guys back healthy.

That's the thing about 2007, it was blatantly obvious the Pats peaked too early ... people had figured them out in the last 3-4 weeks of the regular season and thus why I was sincerely more nervous about that game.

As long as Gronk's healthy, I'm not worried about the offense (aside from what the Giants defense can come up with).

And now, the Pats defense is playing better, Chung and Spikes are back, the D-line looks better ... at the very least, there's a pass rush, and they are going to need that.

I just worry about the Eli improv dump off to Bradshaw which turns into a 40 yard gain. I mean, Flacco should have had 2 deep TDs to Torrey Smith if he could have hit him in the scramble drill scenario. And we've seen what Eli can do in that situation.

Yup, I said it ... I'm worried about Eli. :shock:

Dude's earned it.

• Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    jimed14 wrote:
    As long as Gronk's healthy, I'm not worried about the offense (aside from what the Giants defense can come up with).
    +1
    I think Gronk is the x-factor in this game. If all else is even, Pats win if Gronk has a good game.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    +1
    I think Gronk is the x-factor in this game. If all else is even, Pats win if Gronk has a good game.

Maybe Gronk even earns Superbowl MVP.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    +1

But +1 with the cautious optimism.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    +1

But +1 with the cautious optimism.

Did you just have a full blown conversation with yourself? Everything alright over there?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Did you just have a full blown conversation with yourself? Everything alright over there?
    :lol::lol: :crazy: :crazy:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Giants are certainly peaking at the right time ... getting guys back healthy.

That's the thing about 2007, it was blatantly obvious the Pats peaked too early ... people had figured them out in the last 3-4 weeks of the regular season and thus why I was sincerely more nervous about that game.

And now, the Pats defense is playing better, Chung and Spikes are back, the D-line looks better ... at the very least, there's a pass rush, and they are going to need that.

I just worry about the Eli improv dump off to Bradshaw which turns into a 40 yard gain. I mean, Flacco should have had 2 deep TDs to Torrey Smith if he could have hit him in the scramble drill scenario. And we've seen what Eli can do in that situation.

Yup, I said it ... I'm worried about Eli. :shock:

Dude's earned it.

A lot of people are beginning to come around to that point of view on Eli. Pretty crazy.

Both teams are very different than when the played last so I'm trying not to put too much into that outcome. Pats defense has been playing better although some could say the offenses they have played recently don't come close to what the Giants are capable of. But either way, very different teams, both a lot better now than they were then.
  • Options
    This ... THIS is the guy we need showing up in Indianapolis on February 5th ...

05COVv14_Promo-resize.jpg