Anyone an HD snob?

Comments

• DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    these are clearly people who go to football games on acid.

That's the best way to enjoy a Bills "football" game
    My butt itches!
  • DURP wrote:
    these are clearly people who go to football games on acid.

That's the best way to enjoy a Bills "football" game

:lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I tried watching a hockey game the other night in standard def. Holy hell...idk how the hell I watched TV like that all those years.
    Looked like a grainy, dark mess.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

Now where is the tv guy to install hd programming
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

Finally! :lol:

You get a good deal?
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

Finally! :lol:

You get a good deal?
    850 plus tax....i'm happy with it. Had to drop a couple more bills on a new tv stand. :fp:

Tv guy comes tommorrow afternon to add hd programming.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    If it not on HD at all and I want to watch it, I will watch it. But I'd never not watch it in HD if that's an option, even if I have to wait a week or two.

(Congrats on your new TV 81 :P )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I tried watching a hockey game the other night in standard def. Holy hell...idk how the hell I watched TV like that all those years.

Were you watching it on an HDTV? HDTV's make SD programming look way worse than it would on an SD set. You might still think it looks like shit, but the HDTV's make it worse. If somebody has a tube set and watching SD programming it doesn't bother me, but I can't watch SD channels on an HDTV.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

FINALLY! Enjoy.

HD guy here. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:

HD guy here. :corn:
    Worth every penny? :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I have a 60 inch LG That I got in February. I always find my wife watching non hd programming when HD programming is available. Irritates the shit out of me.

Were you watching it on an HDTV? HDTV's make SD programming look way worse than it would on an SD set. You might still think it looks like shit, but the HDTV's make it worse. If somebody has a tube set and watching SD programming it doesn't bother me, but I can't watch SD channels on an HDTV.
    No, it was a standard box Tv.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I have a 60 inch LG That I got in February. I always find my wife watching non hd programming when HD programming is available. Irritates the shit out of me.

After 3.5 years of living with my wife, I have finally trained her to watch HD channels. It was a real struggle for the first couple years...drove me nuts.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    my son keeps doing that - looking for shows on the regular channels. I almost have him trained to at least hit the button again if the "Watch In HD" is there when the description is on the screen for a few moments and that will switch it to the HD channel
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    After 3.5 years of living with my wife, I have finally trained her to watch HD channels. It was a real struggle for the first couple years...drove me nuts.

So, I'm curious. Did you use positive or negative reinforcement in your wife-training strategy? Or maybe a combination of both? Or did you do it by the book? What specific tactics worked best?

I would ask her, but I'm guessing she doesn't read this forum.

:corn:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I've ready had the hd conversation....before install has been completed. Train em early i say
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I remember years ago, before HD widscreen TV's came out, trying to explain to my dad's wife about how widescreen movie's worked. she was annoyed by the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen and I would keep telling her that they would crop the sides to make it fit and when shown in widescreen you actually see the full picture just like in a theater. explained it over and over and over :fp: then I gave up
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I remember years ago, before HD widscreen TV's came out, trying to explain to my dad's wife about how widescreen movie's worked. she was annoyed by the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen and I would keep telling her that they would crop the sides to make it fit and when shown in widescreen you actually see the full picture just like in a theater. explained it over and over and over :fp: then I gave up
    .... Yeah, but those black bars really are annoying. :)
    Samsung... the only way to go.
    Samsung... the only way to go.
    Agreed.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Had that very conversation with my dad many times. He still hated those black bars! :fp: :fp: :lol:
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    81 wrote:
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

last man standing :wave:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    81 wrote:
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

And norm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I caved....

Samsung plasma 60 inch

Holy crap is it big.....

And norm
    Now ya got to get a Blu-ray player.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    We have hbo and cinimax....havent rented a movie in ages
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:
    We have hbo and cinimax....havent rented a movie in ages
    The first thing you should watch is saving private ryan
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    wait wait wait i'm new to this thread and i am stunned that 81 just caved to HD....now i can understand his misguided sports opinions, and socio-political views. He's going to get so much smarter in the next year :lol:. Back when you got 8k for buying a house my wife took 6k for outfitting the home and I got 2k to get a grill and big screen tv. When my $5 bet on mine that bird going off at 50-1 in the Kentucky Derby hit I took the 250 and used it to buy a grill. Then I took about $1300 and bought a 73" Mitsubishi and have never watched SD again - at least in my house. The other 700 was wasted on booze and food for the grill.