Anyone an HD snob?

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,780
    Harley Davidson snob? hell yeah!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    Almost was sucked in yesterday....then i came to my senses

Do it.
  • I have a few HD channels... they are very nice.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Almost was sucked in yesterday....then i came to my senses

Do it.
    Only if norm goes.first
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    could care a less either way...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Harley Davidson snob? hell yeah!!!!

yamaha is where it's at
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    55 inch Samsung LED 1080p 120 on sale today at Best Buy. Strong deal.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Horos wrote:
    Have had HD for a couple of years now. Big deal.

+1

I also have a 3D TV...all that does is give me a headache :crazy:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    DS1119 wrote:

that's one of the ones i looked at friday....almost had me....almost... :lol: at one point, i told the woman to get a saleshole to put it in a cart and charge it to her credit card....she didn't :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    DS1119 wrote:
    Really? What model class and how much?

I'm in the market for a new one!
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Really? What model class and how much?

I'm in the market for a new one!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... =115738713
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Watching standard definition tv now is like looking at a tv with a dirty towel covering the screen.

1080P HD TV with a Bluray player= nothing better.

heat miser (or is mizer?) is the best avatar in this place right now. well done.

and i am an HD snob. I refuse to watch anything not in HD. there is no reason for anything not to be in HD these days
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DS1119 wrote:
    Thats not bad.

Next TV upgrade I will get will be in the 70" range, no less.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Watching standard definition tv now is like looking at a tv with a dirty towel covering the screen.

1080P HD TV with a Bluray player= nothing better.

heat miser (or is mizer?) is the best avatar in this place right now. well done.

and i am an HD snob. I refuse to watch anything not in HD. there is no reason for anything not to be in HD these days
    :D

Absolutely to second comment.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pjhawks wrote:

y'all slay me. frickin hysterical. some folks take their television watching experience very god damn serious. again, sometimes i miss my little red dora the explora television set :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    chadwick wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

y'all slay me. frickin hysterical. some folks take their television watching experience very god damn serious. again, sometimes i miss my little red dora the explora television set :lol:
    Agreed on both counts.
    #FHP
    Sports on regular TV almost are unbearable once you see them in HD.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    DS1119 wrote:

100% agreed
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

100% agreed

Makes me wonder if the people who say they see no difference are actually watching an HD channel or just watching a TV with HD capabilities. Big difference. :?
    DS1119 wrote:

meh.

see plenty of sports on HD tv's.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

meh.

And sports are so much better in HD. Damn you 81, they are practically giving away HDTVs these days...just get one already!!!!
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

meh.

And sports are so much better in HD. Damn you 81, they are practically giving away HDTVs these days...just get one already!!!!

$800 + corruption tax isn't just giving away..... :lol:

maybe next year when my tv turns the big ten oh :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yes, I am. we finally broke down and got a nice plasma HD TV in February. It really does make a huge difference. I am always on my kids about it. They will turn on a show and I make them switch it to the HD channel.

the sound is better too on HD channels.
  • I have an awesome Panasonic 52 inch HD Tv. And Rabbit Ears. I kid you not.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119 wrote:

Yeah... sports and things like nature shows.

Why is it that SD shows on an HD tv look so terrible? I have an old SD TV in my basement, and watching TV isn't bad. But if I watch those SD channels on my HD TV, they look like I'm watching it through cheesecloth.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I love it for movies and stuff, but not for things like sports or the news. HD doesn't look real to me. So I don't mind it for movies, but for "real" things it seems a little much. Watching a football game is like watching Cirque Du Soleil, or the Vegas Technicolor Football League. The definition is just so good, that it no longer looks right to me. And if Tampa Bay has their throwback jerseys on... forget about it. I don't need the orange creamsicle headache. I've heard people say "it's like you're at the game", these are clearly people who go to football games on acid.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I love it for movies and stuff, but not for things like sports or the news. HD doesn't look real to me. So I don't mind it for movies, but for "real" things it seems a little much. Watching a football game is like watching Cirque Du Soleil, or the Vegas Technicolor Football League. The definition is just so good, that it no longer looks right to me. And if Tampa Bay has their throwback jerseys on... forget about it. I don't need the orange creamsicle headache. I've heard people say "it's like you're at the game", these are clearly people who go to football games on acid.

Some stuff in HD does have a negative impact. I think some movies created before 1998-2000...For instance, I watched my first blu ray -- it was Edward Scissorhands. The clarity made his makeup and scars look fake. Too clear.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    TV shows had to adjust for the clarity of HD actually. For example I remember a segment on the Regis and Kelly show where they installed lights on the desk they sit on front of that shined upward on their faces. Supposedly it helped hide the age on the faces or something.

Anyone who doesn't think there's a huge difference I think you're all cookoo.
    I love it for movies and stuff, but not for things like sports or the news. HD doesn't look real to me. So I don't mind it for movies, but for "real" things it seems a little much. Watching a football game is like watching Cirque Du Soleil, or the Vegas Technicolor Football League. The definition is just so good, that it no longer looks right to me. And if Tampa Bay has their throwback jerseys on... forget about it. I don't need the orange creamsicle headache. I've heard people say "it's like you're at the game", these are clearly people who go to football games on acid.

Some stuff in HD does have a negative impact. I think some movies created before 1998-2000...For instance, I watched my first blu ray -- it was Edward Scissorhands. The clarity made his makeup and scars look fake. Too clear.
    Oh yes. If you watch, say, a horror movie from the 80's on bluray, even though it wasnt shot in HD, the makeup artists at the time obviously werent prepared. Checkout Friday the 13th on Blu-ray, you can clearly see the prosthetic pieces and bad color mixing of the makeup that SD hid all those years.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    DS1119 wrote:
    I absolutely can not watch a program on TV unless it's in HD. Anyone else like this?

Yeah I rarely watch the channels not in HD. I don't know why but it drives me nuts when the wife records something not in HD and it's her show. Sometimes I go through and change them to the HD channel. She of course says "I can't tell a difference" my ass she can't.
    My butt itches!