Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    That was a terrible display of football today ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Well there's always next season.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    lukin2006 wrote:

lions played football....don't know what the fuck the pack were playing :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think they were playing "pout until Aaron Rodgers gets back" ball. It's kinda like the Colts a few years ago when Peyton was hurt, they weren't so terrible that they couldn't win a few games they just didn't have any drive. This team with or without Rodgers should not be 0-4-1, not saying they should be 5-0 but they shouldn't be win less either, just one win in four games, ONE SINGLE WIN, would have gave Rodgers a shot at making a playoff run, but no.
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think they were playing "pout until Aaron Rodgers gets back" ball. It's kinda like the Colts a few years ago when Peyton was hurt, they weren't so terrible that they couldn't win a few games they just didn't have any drive. This team with or without Rodgers should not be 0-4-1, not saying they should be 5-0 but they shouldn't be win less either, just one win in four games, ONE SINGLE WIN, would have gave Rodgers a shot at making a playoff run, but no.

If what your saying is true, then that's on the coaching staff. After the horrible first half, a change at QB should have been made.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    imalive wrote:

If what your saying is true, then that's on the coaching staff. After the horrible first half, a change at QB should have been made.

I would sort of agree with that, I don't think there was any better option at QB, and the play calling could have been better but that could be said when talking about almost any game from any team. I see it more as the confidence being deflated from the players, even the ones that don't play on Rodgers' side of the ball. They view themselves as being a worse football team without him (which they are) and that inevitably hurts their play.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    If the Pack loses this weekend...wait...WHEN the Pack loses this weekend :cry::cry::cry: they'll decide to bench Rodgers for the rest of the season.

Also. Might be time to find a replacement for Dom Capers.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    I seem to recall a similar scenario in recent history. Aaron Rodgers returned from an injury with just weeks to go in the regular season and the teams back was to the wall, a few key games leading up to a season finale against the Chicago Bears. Can anyone refresh my memory as to what the result of said season was?

Just sayin
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS?

dez-bryant-walks-off.jpg

HAHAHAHA. We got the last Cowboys coach fired and we just may get Garrett fired if they don't make the playoffs.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    There's a chance my math might be off here but I'm pretty sure if the lions lose tonight then the packers control their own destiny.
  • Options
    Wow, who would have though a little over 2 weeks ago that the packers would control their own destiny, especially if you knew rodgers wasn't back until at least week 16. Main people to thank? Romo, Garrett and Tucker. Thanks guys!

Oh and Matt Flynn of coarse, what a beast of a back up QB.
  • Options
    Still not looking good for Rodgers to come back this week :( I like Flynn a lot and think the Pack could be a decent team with him at QB but I don't see him winning 3 games in a row, but lets hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Let's go Steelers!!! :D:D:D
  • Options

Go eagles and giants!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Go eagles and giants!

Amazing that the Bears and Packers are still alive with all the QB issues both teams have had. Glad we could count on the Lions fucking up!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Go eagles and giants!

Amazing that the Bears and Packers are still alive with all the QB issues both teams have had. Glad we could count on the Lions fucking up!

For sure! And for the record if the packers lose this week then I will be HEAVILY rooting for the bears to beat the packers next week, anything to keep those Detroit mother fuckers out of the playoffs.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

For sure! And for the record if the packers lose this week then I will be HEAVILY rooting for the bears to beat the packers next week, anything to keep those Detroit mother fuckers out of the playoffs.

Completely agree. The Lions make me sick. I'll always hate the Packers, but they don't have a bunch of unlikable players/coaches like the Lions. Schwartz, Suh, Fairley, etc….just an asshole team from top to bottom.
  • Options
    Holy shit! This is exactly the type of game that Rodgers usually wouldn't win, but he showed up when it counted most. At first I felt bad about the weird touchdown but hey Rodgers was the only one that was paying attention so the Packers came out with the TD.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    RiotZact wrote:
    Holy shit! This is exactly the type of game that Rodgers usually wouldn't win, but he showed up when it counted most. At first I felt bad about the weird touchdown but hey Rodgers was the only one that was paying attention so the Packers came out with the TD.
    How does anyone not make a completion to a guy 20 yards open who was dropped in cover two by a SAFETY?
    No knock on Rodgers but any high school QB makes that play.

And the "fumble". It was the right call, but a 10 yard fumble not blown dead? :fp:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    How does anyone not make a completion to a guy 20 yards open who was dropped in cover two by a SAFETY?
    No knock on Rodgers but any high school QB makes that play.

And the "fumble". It was the right call, but a 10 yard fumble not blown dead? :fp:

I feel you, but he had to avoid the pressure and exit the pocket. You really think a high school QB would have avoided the sack from one of the scariest playmakers in the game and then had the right of mind to look down the field and throw the ball simi accuratly 40 yards (give or take) in the air? The block from Kuhn definatly helped but I'm not so sure Peppers (it was Peppers right?) wouldn't have got him if he stayed there to make the throw. Plus there was the whole drive that led to that play, in the past Rodgers might have went 3 and out but he kept the drive alive a few times. Basically what I was saying is that I was complimenting him on the whole drive not just the one play.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    4th down and 8 with 45 seconds left in the game. Are you kidding me!!??

Can't wait for the Packers/Niners game :corn:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    4th down and 8 with 45 seconds left in the game. Are you kidding me!!??

Can't wait for the Packers/Niners game :corn:

This...

Fucking 4th down after 4th down.

Absolutely incredible.
  • Options
    Still can't believe that ending. Awesome, got my playoff tickets today and headed to Lambeau Sunday, GO PACK GO!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    pureoc wrote:
    Still can't believe that ending. Awesome, got my playoff tickets today and headed to Lambeau Sunday, GO PACK GO!!!

!!!! Have a blast!!! So jealous!!

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    That last drive will go down in Packer history. Another notch in the championship belt!
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

You can still get tickets for face value at ticketmaster.com at least for now.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    pureoc wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

You can still get tickets for face value at ticketmaster.com at least for now.

Have a blast! I'll be with you in Spirit!
    GO PACK GO!!!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    So I hear your QB might be gay...

:corn:

....not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mca47 wrote:
    So I hear your QB might be gay...

....not that there's anything wrong with that.

uh oh....he went there...

that is just like walking into a room, dropping a hand grenade and walking away...

* exits thread before the fan is hit by the flying poop...

:lol::lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."