Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I think we may still be in the market for a back up QB. Vince Young looked awful last night.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    I think we may still be in the market for a back up QB. Vince Young looked awful last night.

Guess I was right. Adios VY. Ok by me, he had his chance and did nothing.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    pureoc wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

Guess I was right. Adios VY. Ok by me, he had his chance and did nothing.

Lets just hope they aren't settling with BJ. Anybody see they are working out this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo

Did great for the Lions, went 3 for 3 with kicks from 49 and 50 but they still dropped him.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    In one of my fantasy leagues my buddy took Lacy as the 2nd overall pick. Now...the guy is a beast but :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    My cousin is a big Packers fan but he said he's ready to jump ship and cheer for the Lions because he said GB won't do good this year. Too many injuries and they lost a couple of key players.

Should he be worried? Is it really looking bad for Rodgers and company?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    My cousin is a big Packers fan but he said he's ready to jump ship and cheer for the Lions because he said GB won't do good this year. Too many injuries and they lost a couple of key players.

I still think they are the favorite to win the division by a long shot but at best I see them winning a playoff game wild card weekend (won't get a first rnd bye) and losing in the divisional round on the road. Rodgers will be fine, Cobb, Nelson and Jones will be great, Finley will probably drop a bunch of balls as usual, Lacey is a huge wild card (could be good, could be a bust), putting a lot of pressure on young guys on D, and Crosby will for sure piss us off more than a few times. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    In one of my fantasy leagues my buddy took Lacy as the 2nd overall pick. Now...the guy is a beast but :fp:

hahahahaha going out on a limb much?
    pureoc wrote:

I still think they are the favorite to win the division by a long shot but at best I see them winning a playoff game wild card weekend (won't get a first rnd bye) and losing in the divisional round on the road. Rodgers will be fine, Cobb, Nelson and Jones will be great, Finley will probably drop a bunch of balls as usual, Lacey is a huge wild card (could be good, could be a bust), putting a lot of pressure on young guys on D, and Crosby will for sure piss us off more than a few times. Just my 2 cents.

C'mon man have some optimism, the Packers have then best player in the entire league and a new RB with a ridiculous amount of potential. And this D has proved that it can work great if they get in the right rhythm so lets hope they found it.

And any "fan" that even considers jumping ship for a division rival without even seeing the team play a regular season game just because a few players were lost is not a "fan" at all in my book.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    RiotZact wrote:

And any "fan" that even considers jumping ship for a division rival without even seeing the team play a regular season game just because a few players were lost is not a "fan" at all in my book.

On I agree, lol. I don't know how serious he was being, especially about the Lions. I think he just threw the Lions out there because he does feel they'll be a good team this year. He was maybe just making a point. But yeah, not the most loyal fan in the world. I blame it on his drinking, lol.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

On I agree, lol. I don't know how serious he was being, especially about the Lions. I think he just threw the Lions out there because he does feel they'll be a good team this year. He was maybe just making a point. But yeah, not the most loyal fan in the world. I blame it on his drinking, lol.

Haha that would explain it.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    pureoc wrote:

I reluctantly agree with this. Bulaga being out will be a huge blow for them IMO.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

I reluctantly agree with this. Bulaga being out will be a huge blow for them IMO.

You guys should join degenerate gambling football league ;)
  • Options
    Have some faith people, all we have to do is hope that someone else eliminates Seattle and San Fransisco before they get to the Packers :lol:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Deer Fuckers
    :P
  • Options
    Ok so after one half the Packers have A. Been straight up screwed out of 4 points by the refs not understanding the rule book B. handed the 9ers the ball with a silver bow on it (Finley drop) and C. Fumbled the ball in the middle of their own territory and the score is 14-14. I would say that's very much so a good thing :lol: especially considering it's against the team that embarrassed them so badly just 8 months ago.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Ok so after one half the Packers have A. Been straight up screwed out of 4 points by the refs not understanding the rule book B. handed the 9ers the ball with a silver bow on it (Finley drop) and C. Fumbled the ball in the middle of their own territory and the score is 14-14. I would say that's very much so a good thing :lol: especially considering it's against the team that embarrassed them so badly just 8 months ago.

Yeah, they've been pretty sloppy, but win or lose I'm pleased they at least made a game of it. When I saw the SF game on the schedule I figured it would be a thrashing, given what happened in the playoffs. I came into the game just hoping they'd stay close and make a game of it. A 1 possession game (having just lost the lead) in the 4th is better than I expected. And if it weren't for so many stupid mistakes (SF has made some of their own as well) Green Bay would probably have this one in the bag.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah, they've been pretty sloppy, but win or lose I'm pleased they at least made a game of it. When I saw the SF game on the schedule I figured it would be a thrashing, given what happened in the playoffs. I came into the game just hoping they'd stay close and make a game of it. A 1 possession game (having just lost the lead) in the 4th is better than I expected. And if it weren't for so many stupid mistakes (SF has made some of their own as well) Green Bay would probably have this one in the bag.

Yeah to me the only bad thing about this game was losing it. Lacy clearly showed some HUGE potential, the defense showed SOME signs of improvement, I think they probably spent so much time worrying about Kapernick running the ball they forgot that the 9ers picked up Boldin :lol: And who knows how the game would have ended up had the refs not directly disobeyed the rule book, I always hate it when people bitch about the refs, but that's because their job is 95% judgement calls, the replay 3rd down call was just 100% against what the black and white rule book says.

O line still sucks though, couldn't even buy Rodgers enough time to throw up a hail mary against a 3 man rush :fp:
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I wish the NFL would suspend the official who was responsible for that call that lead to a San Fran TD. it's not a blown call ... It's officials not knowing the rules.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I wish the NFL would suspend the official who was responsible for that call that lead to a San Fran TD. it's not a blown call ... It's officials not knowing the rules.

Bingo, and it's got to be all of them right? Because if one of them knew that rule you think he would have chimed in and called BS.

The point difference would have been 4 in which case the 9ers still would have won but that's assuming that the rest of the game would have went the same exact way which is about impossible.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Bingo, and it's got to be all of them right? Because if one of them knew that rule you think he would have chimed in and called BS.

The point difference would have been 4 in which case the 9ers still would have won but that's assuming that the rest of the game would have went the same exact way which is about impossible.

This is true ... Sometimes they'll conference for 20 minutes over a 6" difference in the ball spot.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,218
    Clay Matthews done fucked up too

He should have let up
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

He should have let up

Yeah, what a dipshit.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    Go Pack :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Players who fuck up are held accountable ... The officials fuck up and it seems they are never held accountable ...

And at the end of the season this could possibly cost GB a tie breaker with SF.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,218
    CROJAM95 wrote:

He should have let up

Yeah, what a dipshit.

I like the dude but you can tell all the talk leading into this game got the best of him there

Especially in that situation

Look at the dumbass on Tampa.... Handed the game to the Jets on a silver platter
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Players who fuck up are held accountable ... The officials fuck up and it seems they are never held accountable ...

Well, refs have to be one of the more hated professions in North America. Nobody notices or cares when you do your job right, but when you make a mistake they FUCKING HATE YOU. It's not like Brazil where you might get murdered/beheaded or anything, but they're plenty hated. I guess the tradeoff is they get to watch all the games, from inside the game. So I don't feel sorry for them. But it's not the refs fault that they aren't really held accountable, that's more to blame on the league, and their policy of pretending like nothing is wrong and the league is incapable of mistakes.

Cut them some slack, they have to deal with shit like this every day...

4JCINXy.gif
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well, refs have to be one of the more hated professions in North America. Nobody notices or cares when you do your job right, but when you make a mistake they FUCKING HATE YOU. It's not like Brazil where you might get murdered/beheaded or anything, but they're plenty hated. I guess the tradeoff is they get to watch all the games, from inside the game. So I don't feel sorry for them. But it's not the refs fault that they aren't really held accountable, that's more to blame on the league, and their policy of pretending like nothing is wrong and the league is incapable of mistakes.

Cut them some slack, they have to deal with shit like this every day...

4JCINXy.gif

Fuck him, every single time the camera ever goes to his face he is whining or bitching about something, every single fucking time. I really like and respect most of the players on the 9ers and think they are an awesome team (obviously) but man is it hard to like them with such a dick head at the helm.
  • Options
    You guys should probably win next week...

:corn:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Are we playing the Bengals or something?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Are we playing the Bengals or something?
    I believe that is week 3.
  • Options
    Nice to see we get screwed by the refs in back to back years in games with possible playoff implications. Blatantly wrong calls where the officials got it wrong. These weren't judgement calls, just complete f ups by the refs. When the hell are they going to be held accountable. Yes bad judgement calls happen (PI the worst of them, roughing the passer, holding, etc), but to not know the rule book is completely unacceptable. These refs need to be penalized for their mistakes. Tuff matchup vs WSH in week 2. Guess we will see how healthy RG3 is tonight.