Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Clay screwed us more than than the refs. If his dumb ass hadn't pointlessly and childishly tried to take Kaepernick's head off when he was out of bounds, the refs wouldn't have had to make any call, correct or incorrect. Yes, it should have been 4th down, but there would have been no doubt about it if Clay had just let up. I reacted the same way as if somebody had hit the punter (even though they probably would have gotten a field goal instead of 3 and out with a punt), we were about to get the ball back but some dipshit couldn't see past his "me hit people" mindset, and so they get more chances to score. The refs should know the rules, but so should the players. To be honest, I didn't know the ruling on the field was wrong until they said something about it (I actually thought we were getting off good just replaying the down and not giving them a first down after what Clay did), so even though it's black and white, it wasn't insanely obvious to me without a rulebook in my hand, but I knew the second Clay launched himself into the air that THAT was illegal. He should have known better.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    clay is a roider d-bag- what a cheap shot on kap! im glad it cost them the game. BEARS! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    They downgraded that idiot ref: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9654636

I have to say I'm happy it wasn't the blowout I was expecting. Offense looked great for the most part. But good lord why was Boldin so open throughout that game?! Come on Capers!!!!!! :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I have to say I'm happy it wasn't the blowout I was expecting. Offense looked great for the most part. But good lord why was Boldin so open throughout that game?! Come on Capers!!!!!! :fp:
    Right? :fp: Fn Capers!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

OUT OUT OUT!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

OUT OUT OUT!
    :wave:
  • Options
    I got the Packers Pro Shop catalog in the mail today. Look, I love the Packers, but I can't figure out why anybody would want a role of Packers duct tape or a toaster that burns the G logo in their toast. And why the fuck are all the cool shirts women's?
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    I got the Packers Pro Shop catalog in the mail today. Look, I love the Packers, but I can't figure out why anybody would want a role of Packers duct tape or a toaster that burns the G logo in their toast. And why the fuck are all the cool shirts women's?

Yeah I noticed that too! All the cool stuff is women's, it's like the opposite of the PJ store :lol:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too! All the cool stuff is women's, it's like the opposite of the PJ store :lol:

But a woman can wear a men's T-Shirt, we can't wear shirts cut for women.

Why can't I have the sweet-ass Pac-Man shirt?

6001507186_92_13_350.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

They clearly don't know what they are doing in zone coverage. They let that slow ass get WIDE OPEN all game. They contained Kaepernick but didn't pressure him. He had all day, all day.

McCarthy shouldn't have accepted the penalty on 4th and 1. Matthews shouldn't have been an idiot and went superman on Kaepernick out of bounds. The refs should have got the call right. There shouldn't have even been a penalty on Staley, he didn't do anything. Penalties, mental mistakes and turnovers killed them. They better get their shit straight this week.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Clay screwed us more than than the refs. If his dumb ass hadn't pointlessly and childishly tried to take Kaepernick's head off when he was out of bounds, the refs wouldn't have had to make any call, correct or incorrect. Yes, it should have been 4th down, but there would have been no doubt about it if Clay had just let up. I reacted the same way as if somebody had hit the punter (even though they probably would have gotten a field goal instead of 3 and out with a punt), we were about to get the ball back but some dipshit couldn't see past his "me hit people" mindset, and so they get more chances to score. The refs should know the rules, but so should the players. To be honest, I didn't know the ruling on the field was wrong until they said something about it (I actually thought we were getting off good just replaying the down and not giving them a first down after what Clay did), so even though it's black and white, it wasn't insanely obvious to me without a rulebook in my hand, but I knew the second Clay launched himself into the air that THAT was illegal. He should have known better.

I'm sorry but read this article

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... -criticism

That hit on Kaepernick was totally uncalled for and a very bonehead move but I would never say that Clay has a "me hit people" mindset. This game clearly got the best of him with all of the talk beforehand and the dickhead coach flapping his gums about hitting the QB, which is not ok of him but it happens to everyone sometimes, hopefully he learned his lesson.

I think Clay has proved himself to be one of the smarter, cleaner players at his position in the NFL and calling him a dumbass and a dip shit because of one play is just totally uncalled for and unjustified.

All that being said, I also want one of those pacman shirts :lol:
  • Options
    Dammit, really sucks about Lacy, really hoped he would get his first leap today. I hope that mother fucker gets fined hard for those 2 obvious helmet to helmet hits. Jones got screwed twice on that last drive, had his jersey pulled then got hit helmet to helmet on the play that resulted in the touchback, after 2 concussions you really think the refs would open their fucking eyes.

Still an awesome game overall, especially on D. Not surprising the offense is doing so well considering that the skins don't have a very good D when they are healthy let alone being so banged up.
  • Options
    Seriously bummed about Lacy :(
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    Wow what a fucking game. Bye week couldn't come at a better time.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    3rvkly.jpg
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    3rvkly.jpg

Fuck yourself
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

You're telling me. Man when I first saw the schedule I was pissed at a week 4 bye. But thank goodness! They're getting tore up out there.

Let's give it up for Jonathan Franklin...#23...I'm a fan!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

You're telling me. Man when I first saw the schedule I was pissed at a week 4 bye. But thank goodness! They're getting tore up out there.

Let's give it up for Jonathan Franklin...#23...I'm a fan!

For sure! Who are they gonna start if all 3 of them are healthy after the bye? The Packers may have went from having a bottom 5 rushing team to a top 5 rushing team in just one off season.

And hey bears fans, I seem to recall a similar 1-2 record and a similar amount of smack talking going around exactly this time last year. ;)
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    For sure! Who are they gonna start if all 3 of them are healthy after the bye? The Packers may have went from having a bottom 5 rushing team to a top 5 rushing team in just one off season.

And hey bears fans, I seem to recall a similar 1-2 record and a similar amount of smack talking going around exactly this time last year. ;)

Haha right?! Kinda nice to finally have some options at that position I must say.

:lol::lol: oh don't you worry, they'll fall apart like they always do and all will be well with the world again 8-)
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    3rvkly.jpg

Whatever makes you feel better.
  • Options
    HOLY FUCK! I'm the biggest Mike McCarthy supporter but dude you have a running back that can't NOT get one yard every time you give him the ball, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU THROWING ON 3rd AND 1?!?!
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    RiotZact wrote:
    HOLY FUCK! I'm the biggest Mike McCarthy supporter but dude you have a running back that can't NOT get one yard every time you give him the ball, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU THROWING ON 3rd AND 1?!?!

Because their offensive line is too small and weak. They suck balls in short yardage runs. Same story for the last few years. The only reason they can run now is because of their passing game. The zone running scheme sucks. I hate it. You have to have small linemen so they can get to the second level fast. It works fine between the 20s but when everything gets compacted in the redzone they dont have the muscle. Also means you have small linemen pass blocking for Rodgers.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Finally going to watch a game
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RiotZact wrote:

The ball looks pretty in the air.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    looks like some real football weather today in GB :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

The ball looks pretty in the air.

Seems like he's getting more in the groove of things with play calling.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Let the records play comming back from commercial during game!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    Let the records play comming back from commercial during game!

Dammit! Wish I got it here.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Call helps us but that was bs on the finley injury. Should not have been
    a penalty. Finley led with his helmet. Tired of the helmet to
    helmet bs. Let em play.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14