Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    All of the "experts" are saying that Atlanta can win if they can run the ball and kill the clock so the Pack offense doesn't have time to work their magic, and that's probably true but unfortunately for the Falcons

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... on/defense
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    just ordered the breast cancer sideline hat from NFL.com 8-)

And oh mamasan if you can't find it I saw it on "nfl today" that was the only place that talked about it so far

Found it man, thanks! Rodgers has got to be the classiest athlete out there today. For a young guy with every reason to have a huge ego, he's got an incredible head on his shoulders. Makes it even that much sweeter to be a fan :D

how true......is it sunday night yet?? :D

Really? He seems to have gotten really cocky/borderline arrogant from last year to now.
  • Options
    Yeah it seemed like it at first but after this weeks response to farve, this weeks response to the falcons and considering himself "semi-athletic" after an NFL record performance I'd say he's back to earth
  • Options
    Not a good half at all
  • Options
    whats up for Finley? thats two game changing drops and a few other less significant drops, very unlike him
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Great game. It wasn't clean, but that made it all the more impressive.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Great game. It wasn't clean, but that made it all the more impressive.

yep
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RiotZact wrote:
    whats up for Finley? thats two game changing drops and a few other less significant drops, very unlike him

I've about had it with Finley. He's always talking smack and hot-dogging....his performance last night was embarrassing and I hope that gets him back down to reality. I mean, he's talented and I'm happy that he's with the Packers, but they won a Superbowl without him and he'd do well to remember that. I hope McCarthy screams at him about this!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

I've about had it with Finley. He's always talking smack and hot-dogging....his performance last night was embarrassing and I hope that gets him back down to reality. I mean, he's talented and I'm happy that he's with the Packers, but they won a Superbowl without him and he'd do well to remember that. I hope McCarthy screams at him about this!

Same, I got real mad whenever he caught that pass for a first down on the series after he dropped the pass on 3rd down and he's like flexing and screaming in the middle of the field as if he didn't cost us a touchdown earlier in the game :roll:

But on another note damn is it a good time to be a packer fan
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Same, I got real mad whenever he caught that pass for a first down on the series after he dropped the pass on 3rd down and he's like flexing and screaming in the middle of the field as if he didn't cost us a touchdown earlier in the game :roll:

It's always a good time to be a Packer fan. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

YES ME TOO!!!! I wanted to throw my drink at the TV, haha!

It sure is though, I keep thinking how far they've come since they were 4-12 in the 2005 season!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

It sure is though, I keep thinking how far they've come since they were 4-12 in the 2005 season!

that we have! Who was that guy that was the quarterback then? I can't seem to remember :lol:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

that we have! Who was that guy that was the quarterback then? I can't seem to remember :lol:

What got me was all the bashing Rodgers took when he became the starter. Those Favre fans that couldn't let him go and couldn't stand to see another QB. Brett's ego got too big last few seasons in Green Bay. He started to believe what they were writing in the papers. Rodgers learned alot but is so very different and maybe better? hehe Who knows but its sure fun to watch another great QB in green bay. :)
  • Options
    What got me was all the bashing Rodgers took when he became the starter. Those Favre fans that couldn't let him go and couldn't stand to see another QB. Brett's ego go too big last few seasons in Green Bay. He started to believe what they were writing in the papers. Rodgers learned alot but is so very different and maybe better? hehe sho knows but its sure fun to watch another great qb in green bay. :)

Not sure if we can call him better yet but he's defiantly close, but one thing I can say for sure is that I LIKE him better as far as personality and how he handles himself in clutch situations
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    We see you Packers...5-0 8-)
    MLMF Det
  • Options

Can't wait till thanksgiving
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Can't wait till thanksgiving
    It should be a fun one!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Fricken packer fans out in bunches in the dells on sunday..green and yellow everywhere. Had my 3 yr old son wearing his bears t-shirt yellin "Go Bears"!!...I knew better to open my mouth!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

:wave: Who woulda thought the Pack and Lions would be the only undefeated teams at this point?! Gotta say I've always rooted for you guys in the past but now you're in our way and you must GET OUT!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:wave: Who woulda thought the Pack and Lions would be the only undefeated teams at this point?! Gotta say I've always rooted for you guys in the past but now you're in our way and you must GET OUT!

Good thing my family is made up of steelers fans and not lions fans.......turkey
    would be flying everywhere
  • Options
    talking to packer fan waitress at world famous Paul Bunyans Cook Shanty yesterday....

Me - "So you're probably rooting for my bears tonight to beat up on the lions to help you guys out for the division?"

Waitress - "Actually we hope they beat you guys and stay undefeated until thankgiving so we can pound on them on their home turf"

Me - " Ohh ok..in that case..go get me some more pancakes, hash browns, and oj for my kid...beat it" :lol:;)
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    talking to packer fan waitress at world famous Paul Bunyans Cook Shanty yesterday....

Me - "So you're probably rooting for my bears tonight to beat up on the lions to help you guys out for the division?"

Waitress - "Actually we hope they beat you guys and stay undefeated until thankgiving so we can pound on them on their home turf"

Me - " Ohh ok..in that case..go get me some more pancakes, hash browns, and oj for my kid...beat it" :lol:;)

Good for her! I did want the Bears to win, but I must say that seeing them at 2-3 makes me very happy as well :D That game was flat-out embarrassing!!!!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::lol: I've been saying(since I was at Alpine for the shows) all I want is a healthy Lions team to play a healthy Green Bay team. May the best team win! So far so good for both of us! Thanks for "always rooting for us". But if you want us outta the way...you'll have to move us!!! :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::lol: I've been saying(since I was at Alpine for the shows) all I want is a healthy Lions team to play a healthy Green Bay team. May the best team win! So far so good for both of us! Thanks for "always rooting for us". But if you want us outta the way...you'll have to move us!!! :D

last team to beat the pack..7-3. Lions are for real. 9 wins in row.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

Good for her! I did want the Bears to win, but I must say that seeing them at 2-3 makes me very happy as well :D That game was flat-out embarrassing!!!!

yea it was..i think the worst of the losses this year. You might see them at 2-14 before long!
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:

yea it was..i think the worst of the losses this year. You might see them at 2-14 before long!

Nah, I have a feeling they're going to SMOKE the Queens this weekend.
  • Options
    anybody catch the segment on Rodgers on ESPNs "E60"? It was really good
  • Options
    I think we could make Lebron useful to the packers :D
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    anybody catch the segment on Rodgers on ESPNs "E60"? It was really good

No I missed it! Hope there's a replay.

Kinda feel bad for the Rams right now, with all their injuries this one should be brutal. But Al Harris is playing this weekend, I bet he'll get a huge welcome from Lambeau!