Options

EV no longer vegetarian?

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited July 2011
    th_idiocracy-i_like_money.gif

I LOVE money!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Makes the world go around.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DS1119 wrote:

I LOVE money!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Me too! Unfortunately, eating meat doesn't make me rich :(

In all seriousness though, I think this thread has run its course. Its not cool to provoke any side of this argument so lets just agree to disagree and move on! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    Thank you for proving the point :)
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    Welcome to Costco, I love you :lol:
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I LOVE money!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Me too! Unfortunately, eating meat doesn't make me rich :(

In all seriousness though, I think this thread has run its course. Its not cool to provoke any side of this argument so lets just agree to disagree and move on! :D

Eating meat doesn't make me rich?? What are you talking about? Paving fucking roads doesn't make me rich either.
  • Options
    I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.
  • Options

Proving the point you throw obscure ideas out there with no viable solution and then wave your hands when challenged. Grow a set.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Proving the point you throw obscure ideas out there with no viable solution and then wave your hands when challenged. Grow a set.

Suck what?
  • Options
    Man, I could really go for a Starbucks, y'know?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Suck what?

What I thought. Go smoke some more weed and debate a point when you have a leg to stand on bud.
  • Options

What country are you from that the United States has held you down so bad?
  • Options
    I don't understand. Please explain
  • Options

Suck what?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Suck what?

What I thought. Go smoke some weed and blah blah blah blah
  • Options
    Good night my friend. I have some sleeping to do.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    DS1119 wrote:

Suck what?

Exactly. When you can't figure out what to say you resort to being childish.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Good night my friend. I have some sleeping to do.

Yah, go dream of your big solution to change the world.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    DS1119 wrote:

Suck what?

You might be able to check out some local colleges in your area who can help you with your English. It's a popular language worldwide in case you didn't know. Blah blah blah isn't a word. :thumbup:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    NOOOOOOOOOO DON'T GO TO SLEEP YET! I'M NOT READY FOR THE SHOW TO END! :cry:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Again, please refer to your local college who can help you with American slang when typing. It should be ya know, not y'know. Please refrain from any slang until you can do your research (maybe you can google it) and become more informed. I wouldn't even type sh1t like this until every post you posted tells me I should do my research and become well informed. Trust me, I'm well informed of how the World works.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOO DON'T GO TO SLEEP YET! I'M NOT READY FOR THE SHOW TO END! :cry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry. I just hate the people who throw out these "problems" and don't provide what in their eyes is a solution other than telling others to do their research to become more educated. Doesn't solve anything. It's a very lame stance and fucking lazy.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    DS1119 wrote:
    Apparently you missed the point. I recommend a critical thinking & reading course at your local college.

Seriously, get off your high horse bud. I am college educated and very well at that so you have no right to insult my intelligence because I don't agree with you. Also I am very proud to live in the United States and anything that brings food to my table cheaper is very well accepted. When you give up all of your worldly belongings, live off of the Earth, and spend all of your time working for the bettering of mankind then come find me and preach. In the meantime I'll eat my factory farmed meat (which is effecient and less costly to us, the "elite" as you put it) until peopel like you come up with an economically viable solution. And to address your point about how much food from our country goes towards feeding cattle and other livestock to consume, well until other countries pay our farmers for their land, time, and hard work do you think they will just start shipping food worldwide for free? Please tell me Mr. Holier Than Though you really don't believe that?

I take it you have no problem with Chinese prison labor either? Whatever serves your best interest, Mr. Holier Than Thou :lol:

You know...before I opened this thread, I had never had a problem with a vegetarian.

Now I do.

As another poster so eloquently pointed out...insulting people and acting like a a smarmy, arrogant, prick-on-a-soapbox is not exactly going to win people to your side. In fact, thanks to your remarks, I am LESS rather than MORE inclined to consider vegetarianism for myself. I mean, if you are representative of that lifestyle? Thanks, but no thanks.

You may 'eat all the right foods'...but your people skills totally suck. Perhaps you should consider focusing less of your energy on the proper treatment of animals and more of your energy on the proper treatment of other human beings. Starting with the ones you, like, actually interact with on this board and in your life.

Because this whacking people over the head with the vegan bible bullshit? It ain't workin' for you. As is evidenced by the response you are getting from a number of posters in this thread.

Surely you can see that this condescending attitude has not been particularly productive, as pertains to achievement of your goal of persuading others to join your cause and/or consider your words. :(

People listen and respond to quiet reason and thoughtful persuasion - not to shrill nutters standing on soapboxes.
  • Options
    Apparently you missed the point. I recommend a critical thinking & reading course at your local college.[/quote]

Seriously, get off your high horse bud. I am college educated and very well at that so you have no right to insult my intelligence because I don't agree with you. Also I am very proud to live in the United States and anything that brings food to my table cheaper is very well accepted. When you give up all of your worldly belongings, live off of the Earth, and spend all of your time working for the bettering of mankind then come find me and preach. In the meantime I'll eat my factory farmed meat (which is effecient and less costly to us, the "elite" as you put it) until peopel like you come up with an economically viable solution. And to address your point about how much food from our country goes towards feeding cattle and other livestock to consume, well until other countries pay our farmers for their land, time, and hard work do you think they will just start shipping food worldwide for free? Please tell me Mr. Holier Than Though you really don't believe that?[/quote]

I take it you have no problem with Chinese prison labor either? Whatever serves your best interest, Mr. Holier Than Thou :lol:[/quote]

I missed this post. You are pretty much a frickin idiot.
  • Options
    Seriously, get off your high horse bud. I am college educated and very well at that so you have no right to insult my intelligence because I don't agree with you. Also I am very proud to live in the United States and anything that brings food to my table cheaper is very well accepted. When you give up all of your worldly belongings, live off of the Earth, and spend all of your time working for the bettering of mankind then come find me and preach. In the meantime I'll eat my factory farmed meat (which is effecient and less costly to us, the "elite" as you put it) until peopel like you come up with an economically viable solution. And to address your point about how much food from our country goes towards feeding cattle and other livestock to consume, well until other countries pay our farmers for their land, time, and hard work do you think they will just start shipping food worldwide for free? Please tell me Mr. Holier Than Though you really don't believe that?[/quote]

I take it you have no problem with Chinese prison labor either? Whatever serves your best interest, Mr. Holier Than Thou :lol:[/quote]

You know...before I opened this thread, I had never had a problem with a vegetarian.

Now I do.

As another poster so eloquently pointed out...insulting people and acting like a a smarmy, arrogant, prick-on-a-soapbox is not exactly going to win people to your side. In fact, thanks to your remarks, I am LESS rather than MORE inclined to consider vegetarianism for myself. I mean, if you are representative of that lifestyle? Thanks, but no thanks.

You may 'eat all the right foods'...but your people skills totally suck. Perhaps you should consider focusing less of your energy on the proper treatment of animals and more of your energy on the proper treatment of other human beings. Starting with the ones you, like, actually interact with on this board and in your life.

Because this whacking people over the head with the vegan bible bullshit? It ain't workin' for you. As is evidenced by the response you are getting from a number of posters in this thread.

Surely you can see that this condescending attitude has not been particularly productive, as pertains to achievement of your goal of persuading others to join your cause and/or consider your words. :(

People listen and respond to quiet reason and thoughtful persuasion - not to shrill nutters standing on soapboxes.[/quote]

:clap:
  • Options
    ok what i want to know is:
    why does eating meat=loving money?
    what about people like monsanto? so does that mean you can't eat corn/soy/etc unless you grow it? where do you get the seeds?
    how does eating meat=loving chinese labor?
    there are lots of other questions but i'm sure someone else will vocalize it for me. and im not kidding, i seriously wanna know why because i eat meat that means i love money and chinese labor. or maybe im missing a point or 2 or 70..
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
  • Options
    what about people like monsanto? so does that mean you can't eat corn/soy/etc unless you grow it? where do you get the seeds?
    there are lots of other questions but i'm sure someone else will vocalize it for me. and im not kidding, i seriously wanna know why because i eat meat that means i love money and chinese labor. or maybe im missing a point or 2 or 70..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

Very funny post. Crazies like this guy point out what they "believe" is wrong with society but when confronted about it they often tell you to "do your research so you can learn" (cop out so they don't have to think) or divert to other subjects (Chinese prison labor). They offer no alternatives or "solutions" to their "problems". It's like me exclaiming here that I believe it's wrong for anyone to drive a car that doesn't get 100 MPG but offers no solution other than "do your research". Do I want a car that gets that mileage. Fuck yeah! Do I have a solution...nope. So for now eat your steaks, burgers, etc in the beautiful U.S.A. And no, eating meat doesn't make you love money and doesn't make you support Chinese prison labor. :D
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

Very funny post. Crazies like this guy point out what they "believe" is wrong with society but when confronted about it they often tell you to "do your research so you can learn" (cop out so they don't have to think) or divert to other subjects (Chinese prison labor). They offer no alternatives or "solutions" to their "problems". It's like me exclaiming here that I believe it's wrong for anyone to drive a car that doesn't get 100 MPG but offers no solution other than "do your research". Do I want a car that gets that mileage. Fuck yeah! Do I have a solution...nope. So for now eat your steaks, burgers, etc in the beautiful U.S.A. And no, eating meat doesn't make you love money and doesn't make you support Chinese prison labor. :D
    so then where does my burning desire for chinese people to make money for me really come from?! who knows..

and yes i've seen quite a few people on this board yell at one another for not being "aware" then when asked to get info said "i don't want to give you info, you look for it yourself". and seriously, what about monsanto? if you really believe that there's evil meat factories then it stands to reason you know about evil seed producers. then what? and what about animal products like leather? or pig valves? where does it end? do you have to go "into the wild" to live guilt free? i get the people who do it because they believe it's inhumane, i also understand those who don't believe it's inhumane and eat meat. what i DON'T understand are those people who think humans shouldn't eat meat because it's cruel to eat something that was living. plants were living, just because they can't make noise when they die doesn't mean they're still not dying. and i ALSO don't understand the argument "humans are evil cuz they eat meat. we should be above that as smarter, superior beings" EHH?!? are we barbarian meat eaters or smart?! and i also hate those who care more about animals than humans. there are humans dying, starving, sick, etc, and you're gonna eat a veggie burger and feel self righteous yet not give food to the starving? sickening. (no i'm not calling out people on this board, i just know of some people who care more about animals than children. true story.)
    i don't care if something had a face. i like eating animals and i don't think it's cruel to eat animals and i don't care for those who try to make me feel like shit for doing so. you're a vegetarian? fantastic, just don't make me feel crap or say i'm "uninformed". i'm not trying to be an ass, i'm actually really curious about the lifestyle of a vegetarian because i know a lot who are annoyingly self righteous just cuz they eat a carrot and drive a prius.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    JB..."Eddie is a vegetarian? hmmm.... I thought about becoming a vegetarian...
    no wait ... vagitarian.... a vagitarian" ;)

:lol: good times :D
  • Options
    Wow there sure are a lot of posts here.

What a terrific audience :)

For those who care to debate, let us stop swearing and begin to debate using facts.

God Bless Us All
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Wow there sure are a lot of posts here.

What a terrific audience :)

For those who care to debate, let us stop swearing and begin to debate using facts.

God Bless Us All

This is not the place to debate. Take it to Moving Train. :thumbup:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
This discussion has been closed.