Options

EV no longer vegetarian?

LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
edited July 2011 in The Porch
My cousin Rosco said in the Chicago Sun-Times:

"Beth Murphy, co-owner of Murphy's Bleachers just beyond Wrigley Field's famous scoreboard, convinced Vedder to perform during the open mic night, she said.

"He was on his way out and he wanted a hot dog," Murphy said. "I told him hot dogs take about seven minutes, and I told him that's enough time for two songs."

:?: :?: :?: :?: :o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock:
A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
I've spent so many years in question
To find I'd known this all along.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    I don't blame him if true

Meat is gooooood
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I'm a vegetarian except for when I eat steak or burgers, i think you're allowed two exceptions. Oh and chicken, fish, and turkey don't count. :D
  • Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it so . . . so . . . tastey. :D
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Fine by me. :-) I just had a juicy, delicious tenderloin steak last night. Yummmmmmm.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
  • Options
    Ed eats? I've only ever seen him drink. :lol:
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    sorta related..I heard that it's due to Ed being a vegetraian that that's why avocado is on the cover of that lp.
    isn't the avocado one of the symbols/icons of being vegetarian?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it so . . . so . . . tastey. :D
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I am a bit disappointed. I understood him to be a proponent of social justice. Not so much anymore.

Next up, $1.00 of each ticket sale will be donated to the Republican Party :lol:
  • Options

If God didn't want USA to bomb other countries, he would have made those foreigners smarter 8-)
  • Options
    broloco wrote:
    sorta related..I heard that it's due to Ed being a vegetraian that that's why avocado is on the cover of that lp.

I am not sure, although avocado is vegetarian / vegan.

Ever see the Vs. cover?
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I wonder if Eddie didnt have any cash on him and the real story was he will play for food :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    I wonder if Eddie didnt have any cash on him and the real story was he will play for food :D

Lol... I met him that same night, but as we were waiting, someone came out from the backstage with a stack of Giordanno's deep dish pizzas for the people on one of the tour buses!
  • Options
    This is my second post about Eddie ordering a hot dog, please get here quick PJ20, we need something to talk about. But it may have been one of them goofy vegan hot dogs maybe, though I get the feeling Chi-town only plays for real with their dogs!
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    This is my second post about Eddie ordering a hot dog, please get here quick PJ20, we need something to talk about. But it may have been one of them goofy vegan hot dogs maybe, though I get the feeling Chi-town only plays for real with their dogs!

Chicago actually has quite a lot of vegetarian / vegan restaurants and options... At Sox park I tasted their vegetarian/vegan hot dog (genetically modified Monsanto crops most likely ;) ) and it tasted pretty good. It was cheaper than a dead animal stick too. $4 for the vegan option, $5 for the dead pig stick ... Idk about Wrigley Field, I haven't been there this season yet.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    Vegan hot dogs???

Arent those called....
    Ummm.....

Bananas????

hehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Chicago actually has quite a lot of vegetarian / vegan restaurants and options... At Sox park I tasted their vegetarian/vegan hot dog (genetically modified Monsanto crops most likely ;) ) and it tasted pretty good. It was cheaper than a dead animal stick too. $4 for the vegan option, $5 for the dead pig stick ... Idk about Wrigley Field, I haven't been there this season yet.

Yeah, I agree that vegan stuff is definitely better for you, I'm an animal lover, and I love my veggies but there's something good about a hot dog at the ball park. I probably don't eat them or much pork anywhere else. And I know that Chicago has a lot of veggie options as it is a beautiful huge city. I just sometimes think of that Saturday Night Live skit with the burgers, so funny!
  • Options
    I told someone I had a burger for lunch today, but it was made by boca.

been vegan for 9 years & veggie for 2 more... sometimes ya just don't have to clarify "veggie" in front of every meat-like thing you eat.
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Vegan hot dogs???

Arent those called....
    Ummm.....

Bananas????

hehehe

thanks, That was funny as hell :lol::lol::lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    broloco wrote:

I am not sure, although avocado is vegetarian / vegan.

Ever see the Vs. cover?

:D mmmmmm some chops.... actually no, I don't even like lamb, but do like meat!
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Vegan hot dogs???

Arent those called....
    Ummm.....

Bananas????

hehehe

:lol:
    Hot Doug's in Chicago actually has a pretty good meatless veggie dog. I'm pretty sure Murphy's has one too, maybe that's what he got.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Somebody has already updated wikipedia, so it must be true ;) ...
    Vedder was once a vegetarian. However, as of 2011, he is no longer a vegetarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Vedder
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    5249.69-tumblr_kze25rtDkb1qa4by8o1_1280.png
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    I heard that the vs. cover was Dave A's idea.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Chicago hot dogs can not be resisted! :lol:

Perhaps he was taking it to someone, perhaps he is no longer a vegetarian.
    I was and am not either.

Reminds me of his signature story in ST Louis ... it was priceless and so very true.
    We change.
  • Options
    Reading this article and being a vegetarian allows me to conclude that he was ordering a veggie dog. How do I know? Well, when's the last time you ordered a hot dog at a ballpark stand and had to wait 7 minutes? It never happens, as they always have hot dogs pre-cooked and ready to be served up.

However, a veggie dog order from a hot dog stand is rare, and so often they do not cook them unless someone orders one. Every time i've ordered a veggie dog from a hot dog stand they've told me it's going to be a little bit of a wait.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    Reading this article and being a vegetarian allows me to conclude that he was ordering a veggie dog. How do I know? Well, when's the last time you ordered a hot dog at a ballpark stand and had to wait 7 minutes? It never happens, as they always have hot dogs pre-cooked and ready to be served up.

However, a veggie dog order from a hot dog stand is rare, and so often they do not cook them unless someone orders one. Every time i've ordered a veggie dog from a hot dog stand they've told me it's going to be a little bit of a wait.
    So after 6 years....

Thats all it took to get you to make your 1st post???

All we needed to do was discuss veggie dogs????

hehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

So after 6 years....

hehehehehehehe

:lol:
    morning, Speedy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

So after 6 years....

hehehehehehehe
    wufff wufff :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
This discussion has been closed.