Options

*** EV Tour - New York 2 Fanviews Here 06/22/11 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BD152488BD152488 Posts: 7
    Wanted to thank fellow member (James? we both suck at names apparently) for the ticket. He's what this community is all about... Good luck to you friend and THANKS again. Really amazing show. Think Ed's at the top of his game these days....
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Suziemay wrote:
    R.A.W. wrote:
    I came all the way from Amsterdam, Holland to see Eddie play, and it was awesome. Interesting to see how European and US audience differs, you people scream and yell during the most beautifull parts of songs :?:
    Had a great time, though. Love NYC! :)

Actually most of us don't. It's just those random knuckleheads but night 2 was definitely much better than night 1 (less screaming). There was also more screaming this time around than in 2008 for some reason. Maybe more knuckleheads moved to NYC, or maybe it's now "cool" to see Eddie Vedder and more and more people who come to the shows don't have a true appreciation for what's unfolding in front of them. Who knows :roll:

Glad you had a great time in our city! :wave:

Just to note, night 1 we had (4) wild Italians behind us who were way loud. So maybe its not a difference in European and US audiences ... just expressive kind of peeps. ;) All in all awesome shows. Glad you had a great time in NYC!
    MAJOR differences between Dutch and Italian fans generally. Using European as a general grouping doesn't really work.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    R.A.W.R.A.W. Posts: 13
    Suziemay wrote:
    R.A.W. wrote:
    I came all the way from Amsterdam, Holland to see Eddie play, and it was awesome. Interesting to see how European and US audience differs, you people scream and yell during the most beautifull parts of songs :?:
    Had a great time, though. Love NYC! :)

Actually most of us don't. It's just those random knuckleheads but night 2 was definitely much better than night 1 (less screaming). There was also more screaming this time around than in 2008 for some reason. Maybe more knuckleheads moved to NYC, or maybe it's now "cool" to see Eddie Vedder and more and more people who come to the shows don't have a true appreciation for what's unfolding in front of them. Who knows :roll:

Glad you had a great time in our city! :wave:

I quess ur right. A lot of people around me didn't knew a lot of songs. One huge fan in front of me got laughed at because he was enjoying the set so much. A little too much according to the cool guys, who were just drinking and playing with their cellphones. I even yelled 'shut the f*ck up' to a couple of girls behind me, who were talking all the time. So I guess I didn't made new friends that night..
    I've had the same experience at the last PJ-concert in Holland, so that doesn't differ much ;)
    * Landgraaf - 2000
    * Arnhem - 2006
    * Prague - 2006
    * Nijmegen - 2007
    * Rotterdam - 2009
    * Nijmegen - 2010
    * Dublin - 2010
    * Amsterdam #1, 2012
    * Amsterdam #2, 2012
    * Werchter, 2012
    * Arras, 2012
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    PJFamily wrote:
    [Our daughter Kyra is truly special. She has a rare medical condition which among other things requires her to have back surgery every six months. She never complains or feels sorry for herself. She also happens to be the biggest 10 year old Pearl Jam fan on the planet. We were lucky enough to get 3 tickets to the show as a pre-op present for her (she goes into the hospital on Sunday). The tickets were in the back of the orchestra but we didn't care. Eddie at the Beacon what could be better.

Kyra insisted on getting to the theater early - Kyra's night/Kyra's rules - so we went inside at 6:30. As soon as the doors opened we were in our seats. Soon after our special night became a magical night. Two women came over to us and asked if we were fans. Kyra responded with a resounding yes. They then explained to us that Eddie saves the front row for fans and would we like to move up. I don't recall the next few minutes except for a lot of "Reallys" and "Oh My Gods" (sorry Jason for not adopting you) but I awoke from the daze front row center. From the lucky fans next to us to people sitting behind us, all we heard was how excited everyone was for Kyra to be in the front row.

As for the show all I can say is WOW – the seats, the setting, the set list, the stories and Ed Norton – it doesn’t get any better. And for anyone who missed Glen Hansard, you missed a great set.

But the highlight of the night for us was after Hard Sun when Eddie came over and placed a guitar pick in Kyra’s hand and gently closed her hand around it, all the while staring at her with a big smile on his face. It was a moment none of us will ever forget and will be part of family lore for decades to come.

Thank you to the fans, the crew and to Eddie for giving a family a magical night.

This is beautiful.
    All the best in your daughters future treatments & subsequent recovery.
    Oh and I actually saw Ed hand you guys the setlist, from the 2nd row in the Loge.
    Awesome !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 241
    cent208 wrote:
    I was just want to clarify the Philly story for everyone. Ed suggested playing a fast version of Sleepless Nights to Glen but Glen shook his head no, apparently not ready. Ed then said we'll save it for Philly. The crowd started to boo a little. Ed then said "Those uncultured bastards won't know the difference anyway" referring to a fast version of the song. He then said I usually don't insult a city until after I leave. He then said that he was kidding and that he loves playing in Philadelphia. It is obvious he likes Philly, he did 2 solo shows and 4 PJ shows in 09. 6 shows in 1 year must be a record for any city.

Nah..Bruce did 15 shows at the Meadowlands in 1999, 10 at MSG in 2000 & 10 at Giants Stadium in 2003
  • Options
    cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    Dollar wrote:
    cent208 wrote:
    I was just want to clarify the Philly story for everyone. Ed suggested playing a fast version of Sleepless Nights to Glen but Glen shook his head no, apparently not ready. Ed then said we'll save it for Philly. The crowd started to boo a little. Ed then said "Those uncultured bastards won't know the difference anyway" referring to a fast version of the song. He then said I usually don't insult a city until after I leave. He then said that he was kidding and that he loves playing in Philadelphia. It is obvious he likes Philly, he did 2 solo shows and 4 PJ shows in 09. 6 shows in 1 year must be a record for any city.

Nah..Bruce did 15 shows at the Meadowlands in 1999, 10 at MSG in 2000 & 10 at Giants Stadium in 2003

I meant 6 shows is a record for Ed/Pearl Jam.
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Here are my pics from both nights. Guess I snapped more than a few but I promise I was not being disruptive. Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/suziemay/E ... directlink
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Suziemay wrote:
    Here are my pics from both nights. Guess I snapped more than a few but I promise I was not being disruptive. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing the great pics! 8-) I wanna go back! :D

p.s. The battery in my camera died while we were waiting for Eddie afterwards. :lol:
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks for sharing the great pics! 8-) I wanna go back! :D

p.s. The battery in my camera died while we were waiting for Eddie afterwards. :lol:

Happy to share! I was cranky and tired by that point but glad I waited. The pictures were a bonus :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    This is beautiful.
    All the best in your daughters future treatments & subsequent recovery.
    Oh and I actually saw Ed hand you guys the setlist, from the 2nd row in the Loge.
    Awesome !

Yep I distinctly remember pointing this out to you :).
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJFamilyPJFamily Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind wishes. Just wanted to let you know that Kyra is home after a successful surgery and tough post-op. :)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    PJFamily wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind wishes. Just wanted to let you know that Kyra is home after a successful surgery and tough post-op. :)

Good to hear. Great pic too!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17