Options

*** EV Tour - New York 2 Fanviews Here 06/22/11 ***

Comments

• Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    Any details on the Unthought Known story?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    1vs5 wrote:

I'm gonna give it a shot. Ed starts talking about being a "dedicated insomniac", and how NYC is a great place to be since there are people up with you at all hours of the night. This is after the United Palace Night 2 show in 08, and he's up and I think he made references to smoking "something" and when he got home to his hotel overlooking central park and opened the blinds and saw the moon and the park and how it was so magical and he's just inspired to start scribbling on pieces of paper. And even though he knew he probably should have gone to bed because he had responsibilities, like, "I don't know, playing a show the next night or something" (the NJPAC show) he felt he couldn't let this moment down because he felt so inspired and it didn't feel right to just halt the process so he decides, "one more beer!". Next thing he remembers is waking up, and he had no recollection of what happened but saw all these scribblings lying around the floor. And then there was a tape recorder....

Sorry, this story was a bit fuzzy to me (I think at this point loud guy was planted firmly behind me and wouldn't stop talking) so others should feel free to add/correct. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    Suziemay wrote:
    1vs5 wrote:

I'm gonna give it a shot. Ed starts talking about being a "dedicated insomniac", and how NYC is a great place to be since there are people up with you at all hours of the night. This is after the United Palace Night 2 show in 08, and he's up and I think he made references to smoking "something" and when he got home to his hotel overlooking central park and opened the blinds and saw the moon and the park and how it was so magical and he's just inspired to start scribbling on pieces of paper. And even though he knew he probably should have gone to bed because he had responsibilities, like, "I don't know, playing a show the next night or something" (the NJPAC show) he felt he couldn't let this moment down because he felt so inspired and it didn't feel right to just halt the process so he decides, "one more beer!". Next thing he remembers is waking up, and he had no recollection of what happened but saw all these scribblings lying around the floor. And then there was a tape recorder....

Sorry, this story was a bit fuzzy to me (I think at this point loud guy was planted firmly behind me and wouldn't stop talking) so others should feel free to add/correct. :mrgreen:

I think you did it perfectly!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    went to both nyc shows. i would say musically night one was better because you tell right away that ed was pretty silly last night. sat row 3 last night orchestra, just sooooo amazing. set list was great. Stories about bruce (in a spot on voice!), mccready wearing ear plugs because he plays so loud, and his daughters talking real quiet in a low raspy voice were awesome. immortality was spectacular and it was nice not hearing society and arc. the duet with glen was awesome! the song is really pretty.
    and to my suprise at the end of the show i looked down at my feet and there was an ed guitar pic! Really sweet! I think I"m going to let mr ed guitar pic meet my martin.
    after the show I talked to danny clinch for a little bit, really really nice guy.
    2nd night in a row we met ed after the show. tonight he was talking pictures with a lot of people and was a lot more open. shook his hand twice, talked about uke's real quick, surfing, and thanked him for my 50th show. it's just so unreal how ed makes you feel like you are the only person in the universe, his eyes totaly lock with yours and he hangs on every syllable coming out of your mouth. it's allmost like he's talking to the rock star. it's very evident that's he's really humble and appreciates everyone coming out for the shows.
    all in all a great two night stand. this solo tour is definitely the best as compared to the rest.
    and to the guy sitting row 6, stage left orchestra, way to keep doing your stupid ass shout even after ed's story. and to ask glenn's last name as ed is introducing him before the duet; you are a complete douche.

thanks again ed!

oh and philly, prove him wrong!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Suziemay wrote:
    1vs5 wrote:

yes you did it perfectly!

adding a little upfront detail ... i do believe after sharing he was a "dedicated insomniac" he said it helps to hang out with friends who are more intelligent than you, alluded to smoking "somthing" and having "lubricated" conversations with these friends on plays and movies and by the end of the conversation he felt he read (4) books and saw (3) movies. When he got back to the hotel room he was feeling really good and didn't want to waste the investment he had made to get to this state of being ... (looks out window)
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    VinylGirl wrote:
    Thanks to S0nic reducer for the ticket!!

Great show!! The setlist was great, but I would say that about any songs he chose to play :lol: .
    Although a few songs shorter than Hartford, I enjoyed his stories more tonight, especially
    the one about the origin of "Unthought". I love that shit!
    When Ed announces a special guest and he's playing NYC, I'm thinking, anyone can walk out on stage.
    But ED NORTON?! Whoa?! He did great, held his own, and like someone already said, looked so cute up there.
    Crowd was very respectful, couple of shouters, but hey, nothing like Hartford.

Great, Great Night! Wish there were more, gotta wait until Labor Day....but that will be worth it!

Thank again for the ticket John, it was nice meeting you.
    You are welcome i know i made the right choice [Eagle eyes]
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    elle74elle74 NJ Posts: 58
    Top 5 best nights ever. Bravo Eddie, you've mastered the solo tour!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds!!!
    Shows: * Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24, 2000 * Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003 * PNC Bank Arts Center - Jul 14, 2003 * Continental Arena - Jun 01, 2006 * Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008 * Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 28, 2009 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 30, 2009 * Philadelphia Spectrum - Oct 31, 2009 * The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010 * Philadelphia, PA Made in America Sept 2, 2012 * Barclays Center - Oct 19, 2013 * Barclays Center - Oct 20, 2013
    EV Solo Shows: * NJPAC Newark, New Jersey - 08/07/2008 * Tower Theater Upper Darby, Pennsylvania - 06/12/2009 * Lyric Opera House, Baltimore, Maryland - 06/14/2009 * Beacon Theatre, New York, New York - 6/21/2011 * Beacon Theatre, New York, New York - 6/22/2011 * Tower Theater Upper Darby, Pennsylvania - 6/25/2011 *
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    he didn't say any of the fans in philly were uneducated. he basically that philly fans, well are philly fans. loud and sometimes rude (lots of hecklers). you do realize that ed didn't graduate high school lol. not a knock on him but i doubt he would call people unedcuated, definitely not him.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    he should have spoiled us with ARC
    i like sound...
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    Unbelievable show. If I wrote my own set list it would not have been this good. Great crowd. Great Eddie. Simply fantastic. Being there is impossible to describe. It was even better than the set list shows.

Those with tickets to the rest of the tour are in for a real treat. Have fun and enjoy.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    BokiBoki Posts: 23
    So was he commenting that NY wouldn't understand or that Philadelphia wouldn't understand? He thinks people from Philadelphia are stupid/uneducated? Yes where he is playing is in the middle of a crack town but no one made him choose that venue. I hate it when people in his position group others for their lack of income or education. Some of the most brilliant people I know have no formal education.

Maybe I'm too stupid and I should stay home Saturday....maybe that's the point...and if he feels that way about any particular area...maybe he should stop touring there...like the south for example.

Yes I may be too sensitive but ....whatever....I'm a female....

He was just kidding around with the whole rivalry/s**ttalking tradition between NYC and Philly. After he said he would save the new version of that song for Philly, the audience started booing, and he looked up and joked that what he meant to say was that people in Philly are something or other (don't remember what exactly). He was clearly joking--the next thing he said was that he didn't mean it, he loves the City of Brotherly Love.
  • Options
    Wow what an amazing show Great stories Great Setlist . I think Ed and i had some telepathic setlist thing going on i called slow lukin, immortality and a couple others . Overall Great night and very cool 10C experince you Rock vinylgrl. :D
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Suziemay wrote:
    Oh, so last night he said he would have "climbed the fuck" out of the Beacon. Well, tonight he described in gory detail how he would have actually executed on this.

He added, "it's basically Spiderman on the cheap."
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Now this is a awesome set list!!!
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Great setlist! Thanks for the fanviews!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Some people go to church to feel moved spiritually...I go to rock concerts...and the last 2 nights @ The Beacon was another affirmation of my faith...Thank you EV and all my friends old and new...see you in Alpine!!

BTW, I took my dad to this show for his Father's Day gift...we waited in line outside the box office from 1:30 on (2nd in line) and ended up with 5th row center Orch!!!! Not to mention I had the great privelage of asking EV 2 person questions before the show which he answered incredibly 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Not sure if someone already posted this but one of the funniest moments from the show last night, Eddie discussing a conversation that Danny Clinch had with Bruce Springsteen a few months back....

Bruce: Danny, what else you have going on?

Clinch: Actually flying to Hawaii this weekend to shoot some stuff for Eddie’s new ukulele album.

Bruce: Ukulele album?

Clinch: Yeah, Eddie’s putting out a ukulele album.

Bruce: (pausing)…….. It takes balls to put out a ukulele album.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 540
    this show was up there with msg 2 and philly 3/4 for me. immortality, off he goes, ed norton on stage, glen coming out for a few songs - it was just perfection. all the uke songs were great especially longing to belong. i have too much to say but i cant put it into words. the crowd was much better, it was great during unthought known, porch, and hard sun. best part of the night was meeting Ed after the show, he actually stopped and was joking around with me and my friends. such a thoughtful guy and it was shocking how sincere he was to us and was really interested. he addressed the group of us outside saying how nice it was for us to be there and support him. he truly is the best.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    Incredible night!

3 of us went to the show. Got a pair from a friend in the music biz. Grabbed a single off one of the sites. We went to go into the show and the pair of seats was for Night 1! :twisted: My buddy never checked the tix, and none of us ever thought to ask if the seats were good... why would we? Anyway, my friends gave the single to me (Well, I paid for it and bought dinner for all of us!). Once I got over that insanity, I was off to my Row J Orchestra seat to enjoy the last song of Glen's set. I missed Astral Weeks, but I will catch it at PJ20.

Glen's story about Eddie calling him was amazing. Said Eddie talked to him for an hour a night for a few days in a row... just to see how he was doing after the tragedy at his concert. Eddie told him to reach out for him if he ever came to Seattle. So... the next time Glen went to Seattle, Glen was staring at his phone trying to figure out exactly what to text "Eddie 'fucking' Vedder". He was blown away. Eddie invited him into the studio... Glen's facial expressions were amazing during the story. Just said he is blown away by the support he has received from Eddie/PJ/Fans... called it a special group. Very Cool!

It was my first EV show. Just a great all-around experience. Music was great. Sound was great. Great stories. Fans around us were cool. And best of all, Eddie really seemed to have enjoyed himself.

Met some cool people at the show. Happy Birthday Will. See you at AV!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Wow what an amazing show Great stories Great Setlist . I think Ed and i had some telepathic setlist thing going on i called slow lukin, immortality and a couple others . Overall Great night and very cool 10C experince you Rock vinylgrl. :D

:D Thanks!
    Yes, you did call quite a few songs before he even struck a chord, which I found a little spooky.
    As far as the "Eagle Eyes" comment, haha, my husband is very happy with his shirt!
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    So was he commenting that NY wouldn't understand or that Philadelphia wouldn't understand? He thinks people from Philadelphia are stupid/uneducated? Yes where he is playing is in the middle of a crack town but no one made him choose that venue. I hate it when people in his position group others for their lack of income or education. Some of the most brilliant people I know have no formal education.

Maybe I'm too stupid and I should stay home Saturday....maybe that's the point...and if he feels that way about any particular area...maybe he should stop touring there...like the south for example.

:shock:

he was just kidding. Chill a little bit.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options

I can see how his comment may be taken out of context but please don't take it for much more than it was (Ed being goofy). He certainly did not start out talking trying to dis anybody. I think he might also have taken jabs at NYC people being hoity-toity or whatever too at one point, I can't even remember. What I do remember was that it was all in good fun and the best part was Glen just shaking his head thinking, I have no idea what Ed is trying to tell me (with making a slow song fast, or something like that). Please go to the show on Saturday! Ed's performances has been awesome and you will have a good time, I promise.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Suziemay wrote:
    1vs5 wrote:

cool I was very curious about this, thanks!
    I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember a story about some conversation Ed said he had with the actress from 40 yr old Virgin that led to Unthought known...anybody remember?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Cheers to balls ;)....great meeting you!!! going to miss Vedder Island
    Katyz wrote:
    Another brilliant night!!! (The other one for me was Hartford) It was great for many reasons....the story telling, the amazing setlist, the voice (how I love that voice), the guests, etc. I was in the orch....row P but there was a LOT of movement back there and it was annoying. However, I was very glad to hear Long Nights again, and the story about how Ed wrote Unthought Known was wonderful.

BUT the best for me was I grew balls...just like the uke, and decided to head off into the VIP party after the show. I have no idea what possessed me, but I was on my own and saw where the VIP guests were going. A great guy nearby told be to just do it...he had to give me several more words of encouragement, then he took my playbill so I wouldn't look like a tourist and off I went, with a small group!!!!!

So my night ended backstage...meeting a variety of people, Glen hung out there too and we talked for a bit. Ed did not appear at the party but I think I was the last guest to leave...having chatted with some of Ed's crew. Then Ed came out and greeted people so I got to see him before leaving...I didn't want to miss the train and have to camp out in Grand Central!!! He had definitely been partying and was friendly. He thanked the crowd for their support with a little speech and shook a few hands....not mine as I couldn't get right to the front having been backstage all that time and others had camped out since the show ended. Got to say hello and thank him though :D Now I'm staying up as I have to get up for work in an hour and a half anyway...so worth it :lol:
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    I was there. I am from the Philly area. It was funny... No big deal.

He has given plenty of love to Philly through the years, and Philly has come out in full force to support the band.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    I remember Ed talking at the NJPAC show about how he wrote Unthought Known inspired by a late-night conversation with the actress Catherine Keener, (Into the Wild & 40 yr old Virgin) and that he "pushed the limits" on how much a person can drink and smoke just to stay up a write it - pretty cool.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    WOW. What an unbelievable 2 nights to have been a part of! I can't say enough about how amazing Eddie is live, and how amazing that man and his music are in general. Also glad I got to share both shows with one of my best friends! So, we got to the venue pretty early hoping to catch Ed going in. We had missed him by 10 minutes on Tuesday, got to the venue, and found out we missed him by 5 minutes. That was tough to hear, especially because he took the time to sign stuff for everybody! To say thank you to Ed would have been the icing on the cake of dreams :lol:, but what can you do? Can't ask for everything! Just so grateful I got to shake the man's hand Tuesday night! But, I did get to meet Glen Hansard. Such a nice and gracious dude!! I had forgotten my tour program from the night before but had my Uke Songs CD, and realized he could sign the Sleepless Nights page. Not only did he sign it, he drew a caricature of himself playing the guitar next to the picture of Eddie! A great man with a GREAT voice! Also got to talk briefly with Mark Smith (Smitty), Ed's tour manager, who was so very nice. I wrote a small thank you note to Eddie, gave it to Mark, and Mark said that he would make sure that Ed got it. I really hope Ed got it! Wonder if he did! Anyway, show time. Glen was wonderful yet again. What a voice and what talent, blew me away for the 2nd night in a row. Also told a great story of how he & Ed met and how Sleepless Nights came to be. Then, EDDIE! The uke songs were awesome once again, especially Satellite & Longing to Belong!! What treats! My friend who went with me was hoping for 2 songs, and Longing To Belong was one of them! Glad it was played, it's so beautiful! Hearing the cello live made it even more beautiful! Around the Bend was amazing, loved I Am Mine again, then OFF HE GOES! Was not expecting that one, what a pleasant surprise! That song really gets to me and to hear it in such intimate of a setting was so amazing. A highlight of the night for me. One of many! ITW songs were great once again. Loved Long Nights again especially! Rise as well, as it's one of my favorite songs of all time. So, the other song that my friend was dying to hear was Slow Lukin. This is the friend I took to MSG2 (my 2nd PJ show, her first), and after that I got her hooked! She came to both EV shows with me. When she mentioned wanting Slow Lukin, I laughed it off but said that anything was possible. AND HE PLAYED IT! Oh, we freaked when we heard the beginning to that! Lukin 3.0, actually, as there were some alternate lyrics. Still, beyond amazing to hear that. Glad my friend got to hear exactly what she wanted! Great way to end the set with Just Breathe, The End, and Unthought Known! Unthought Known was SO fun both days, standing up, singing, dancing- too awesome! I love those big sing a longs where I can let it all out! All this time, Ed was in great spirits and was very very chatty!! I personally love his banter and stories, it adds such a special element to the shows! Next, Ed brought out all the stops! The one song I was hoping and praying for was Immortality. Before Ed played it, he strummed one chord/note that was in the song, I recognized that, and freaked! I have to say sorry to my friend for the 2nd time for hitting her when I heard Immortality being played :lol: (I had hit her when I heard the first chord of Long Road the night before) One of my all time favorite PJ songs, a song that means a lot to me. To hear that was nothing short of incredible. A definite highlight! Guaranteed with Edward Norton was awesome! When Edward had his one verse, I thought he did just alright. Then, he started harmonizing with Eddie and I thought they sounded great together! Very cool! Then, the very highlight of the night tied with Immortality- Falling Slowly. That might have been one of the most beautiful things I have EVER heard in my entire life. About 3/4 of the way through, I found myself frozen with my mouth gaped wide open, just standing there! Brought tears to my eyes. I don't know how to describe that feeling that I felt during that. Breathtaking would be the only good word that comes to mind. Open All Night with Danny Clinch was sweet and Porch to close the set was another awesome sing a long! Gotta love acoustic Porch! Hard Sun with Edward, Danny & Glen then Dream a Little Dream to end again capped off one incredible night! Yesterday I talked to so many nice people, so if we talked, :wave: HI!! I am so happy I got to go to these two shows, it is something that I will not ever forget! Thanks again, Ed!

Here's my picture of Glen's caricature he drew for me! http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/samjam92/glen.jpg
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    1vs5 wrote:
    I think you did it perfectly!
    yes you did it perfectly!

adding a little upfront detail ... i do believe after sharing he was a "dedicated insomniac" he said it helps to hang out with friends who are more intelligent than you, alluded to smoking "somthing" and having "lubricated" conversations with these friends on plays and movies and by the end of the conversation he felt he read (4) books and saw (3) movies. When he got back to the hotel room he was feeling really good and didn't want to waste the investment he had made to get to this state of being ... (looks out window)

Aw shucks you guys, you make me feel like belting out: Fill the air up with love, All black with starlight in the middle of my ultra conservative office :mrgreen: Thanks for the added detail, heartdesire, I had forgotten about that!
  • Options
    PJFamilyPJFamily Posts: 6
    JasonE wrote:
    Perfect night. Glenn should not be missed. He told an amazing story of how Eddie called him after a tragic incident at one of his own shows in Cali and how they became friends. He never had any contact with Eddie before that phone call. Just another example of how incredible Ed is. Really an amazing story.

Loved hearing Eddie talk a lot. He said he appreciates the crowd being so good and mentioned people yelling things the night before and that his hearing is shot and can't make out what they yell anyway. I think after the 21st he decided not to give another go at Arc.

What else can I say that hasn't already been said.

Line of the night, "Mike can do whatever the fuck he wants because he's Mike McFucking McCready!"

One other cool thing I saw.... Got there early and there was a couple with their daughter a couple of rows behind me. She had on an Ed t-shirt and was probably around 10 years old. Two women came up to them and said, "how would you guys like to sit in the front row?"

I turned around and their faces lite up. I actually said, "You know if you adopt me I can come with you." No such luck...

Anyway, one of the women said Ed kept all of the front row seats and they are to upgrade certain people, couple, etc... that either didn't have the best seats or just wanted to make their night extra special. I think they were doing a similar thing in '08.

I can't stop smiling.

Our daughter Kyra is truly special. She has a rare medical condition which among other things requires her to have back surgery every six months. She never complains or feels sorry for herself. She also happens to be the biggest 10 year old Pearl Jam fan on the planet. We were lucky enough to get 3 tickets to the show as a pre-op present for her (she goes into the hospital on Sunday). The tickets were in the back of the orchestra but we didn't care. Eddie at the Beacon what could be better.

Kyra insisted on getting to the theater early - Kyra's night/Kyra's rules - so we went inside at 6:30. As soon as the doors opened we were in our seats. Soon after our special night became a magical night. Two women came over to us and asked if we were fans. Kyra responded with a resounding yes. They then explained to us that Eddie saves the front row for fans and would we like to move up. I don't recall the next few minutes except for a lot of "Reallys" and "Oh My Gods" (sorry Jason for not adopting you) but I awoke from the daze front row center. From the lucky fans next to us to people sitting behind us, all we heard was how excited everyone was for Kyra to be in the front row.

As for the show all I can say is WOW – the seats, the setting, the set list, the stories and Ed Norton – it doesn’t get any better. And for anyone who missed Glen Hansard, you missed a great set.

But the highlight of the night for us was after Hard Sun when Eddie came over and placed a guitar pick in Kyra’s hand and gently closed her hand around it, all the while staring at her with a big smile on his face. It was a moment none of us will ever forget and will be part of family lore for decades to come.

Thank you to the fans, the crew and to Eddie for giving a family a magical night.