Trying to conceive before ivf starts....give me your tips!

Comments

• snow_board_ridersnow_board_rider Posts: 943
    edited June 2011
    GOOD LUCK and stay hopeful!!
    Post edited by snow_board_rider on
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    well I guess I can only give the usual advice: lots of sex isn't always the answer. Don't let your boyfriend have any sex for the 2 or 3 weeks leading up to your ovulation and that includes no wanking, then go at it like bunnies starting a few days before you fertile. Enjoy and best of luck.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    IrishGuy wrote:
    well I guess I can only give the usual advice: lots of sex isn't always the answer. Don't let your boyfriend have any sex for the 2 or 3 weeks leading up to your ovulation and that includes no wanking, then go at it like bunnies starting a few days before you fertile. Enjoy and best of luck.

What he said, it can take a week fully build up healthy sperm, so if you are ejaculating every day you start shooting out slower weaker sperm that probably make it in the vag and can't be arsed swimming the rest of the way to an egg.

And no alcohol for either of you as well. There is food out there to help produce sperm and lady bits too but I don't know what so do some work yourself and look them up. But I guess you are doing all that shit already if you are one the ovulation drugs and stuff.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,966
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    I don't know what your stance is with religion but it couldn't hurt to say a few prayers. I'll be sure to say some for you two. Best of luck to you sus...

Ziggy is living in sin and gonna have a child out of wedlock. She probably won't even have it christened or baptised or something. And she cusses a lot.
    So she's Catholic? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Give it some time off... let him build up some eager swimmers. Plus some time without might give you guys a fresh start to go back at it, and yeah cut the alcohol for both of you if you haven't yet.

I always thought working hard to get your woman pregnant would be fun... lots of sex... but the fun wears off after a while and starts feeling like it's a job to do.

And stress can't help. My wife has had 2 ectopics, and she's a bit of a hypochondriac as it is, so after some months of failure in trying for our second kid, she was convinced we'd have to go for fertility treatments. She spent so much time researching stuff and worry about it, and we fought some because I wasn't as worried as she was. We actually stopped trying for a while and she relaxed a bit and it worked.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chickweed wrote:
    i'm so excited for you
    sending waves of good thoughts

how wonderful

a zigglet

haha Several people on the pit have called my future baby "Ziglet". I think it might stick. :lol:

well
    they spelled it wrong :mrgreen:
    maybe

ziggystarlet

ps
    and i've heard that an orgasm will help with labor
    so maybe yours should happen before the swimmers go in so as not to push them away
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    I don't know what your stance is with religion but it couldn't hurt to say a few prayers. I'll be sure to say some for you two. Best of luck to you sus...

Ziggy is living in sin and gonna have a child out of wedlock. She probably won't even have it christened or baptised or something. And she cusses a lot.
    So she's Catholic? :mrgreen:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Nothingman54 says after you have sex, you should bounce on a trampoline and post it to youtube.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Years ago good friends tried this route, so much stress it broke the marriage.

They both remarried and had kids with their new mates, no worries.

I have faith in one's path and following one's heart,
    that is all.

Good luck Miss Ziggy you will be an awesome Mama. :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    good luck to you. After conceiving 3 times without even trying, I have no advice for you.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    We tried for around a year naturally and then my wife's doc subscribed her ecoclomine (sp?). We were pregnant the next month.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I have a friend who has PCOS. Her and her husband were trying for about 6 months before they sought advice/treatment. After weighing their options, they decided that they would keep trying the "natural" way.

Took them another 3-4 months (9-10 in total), but eventually one hit the target and now they have a little girl.
    They were also going at it like 4-5x/day. :D I know it sucks, but that's gotta be the best 10 months of his life! :lol:

Don't give up Zigs!
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    My wife and I are trying (or at least not avoiding) too and my boys havent been able to hit target yet either. Katy thought she may have been pregnant just days ago but to no avail. We're considering going to get my swimmers checked out. Zig, have you considered adoption as opposed to ivf? Just a thought, but I know you cant really replicate that mother child bond.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Oh, and GOOD LUCK. Keep knockin boots :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I don't have any personal experience since I never had any children....

one guy married an older woman and he told me they bought a "wedge" pillow that she put under her, a gravity device, easier than doing a head stand...they have two children.

a woman I knew who was about 37 had a daughter via IVF (she thought she was really unable to conceive).
    I think therefore she did not use any birth control and surprise....she became pregnant when she was not trying.
    she now has a cute little boy :)

best wishes!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • I've worked with families that have conceived after long bouts of TTC by using natural methods (Mercier, accupuncture, chiropractor care). I've also worked with families that used these methods, and still went on to IVF to conceive. My opinion is natural methods CAN and DO work for SOME people. Since the cost for the natural methods is significantly lower than IVF ($80 -$250 for Mercier here) and the side effects are minor, it is a good place to start and not a waste of money. Even if you need to use IVF after accupuncture or Mercier, those things will have increased your reproductive health overall.

Love and light to you!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Find a guy like me. I'm 2 for 2 - lol.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,966
    Songburst wrote:
    Find a guy like me. I'm 2 for 2 - lol.
    Only have had sex twice and a homerun both times? You go boy!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    IrishGuy wrote:

What he said, it can take a week fully build up healthy sperm, so if you are ejaculating every day you start shooting out slower weaker sperm that probably make it in the vag and can't be arsed swimming the rest of the way to an egg.

And no alcohol for either of you as well. There is food out there to help produce sperm and lady bits too but I don't know what so do some work yourself and look them up. But I guess you are doing all that shit already if you are one the ovulation drugs and stuff.

That's the problem, IrishGuy....my ovulation is all over the place....hard to pinpoint when I am ovulating....so my ob/gyn said to have sex every two to three days for the entire month regardless of when we think I'm going to ovulate. This month I'm trying to do it every second day without fail.

Actually Threefish, the sperm that is being ejaculated today was made 3 months ago....so the only thing we can control now is the frequency of ejaculation. And yeah, already doing the no drinking, no smoking, both on the special vitamins, eating healthy etc etc. Boring! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    I've worked with families that have conceived after long bouts of TTC by using natural methods (Mercier, accupuncture, chiropractor care). I've also worked with families that used these methods, and still went on to IVF to conceive. My opinion is natural methods CAN and DO work for SOME people. Since the cost for the natural methods is significantly lower than IVF ($80 -$250 for Mercier here) and the side effects are minor, it is a good place to start and not a waste of money. Even if you need to use IVF after accupuncture or Mercier, those things will have increased your reproductive health overall.

Love and light to you!

I googled for Mercier info after you PMed me. It seems to be more for people who have endometriosis etc. I really couldn't find much information on it at all except things like where you can do courses to study the method etc. Couldn't find anyone in Australia either.

Acupuncture might be something I should look into though.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    already doing the no drinking,

well there's your problem! most babies are conceived while drunk! :P :mrgreen:
    My wife and I are trying (or at least not avoiding) too and my boys havent been able to hit target yet either. Katy thought she may have been pregnant just days ago but to no avail. We're considering going to get my swimmers checked out. Zig, have you considered adoption as opposed to ivf? Just a thought, but I know you cant really replicate that mother child bond.

I'm a long way off considering adoption. There's no reason why ivf won't work for me since the issue seems to be my failure to ovulate properly so fingers crossed. Adoption is extremely hard in Australia....and very expensive....and we're probably too old now to look into it. It can take up to 10 years to get a child once you apply....and if you are undergoing fertility treatment, you can't join the list. Adoption in Australia is fucking ridiculous.
    norm wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    already doing the no drinking,

well there's your problem! most babies are conceived while drunk! :P :mrgreen:

:lol: I had plenty of drunk and stoned sex while I was off the pill all last year....still didn't fucking work! :x ;)
    And thanks to everyone else who has commented in here and that I haven't responded to individually . :thumbup:
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    :lol: I had plenty of drunk and stoned sex while I was off the pill all last year....still didn't fucking work! :x ;)

That's probably I good thing ;)
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    ZiggyStar wrote:

haha I agree. :mrgreen: I knew the chance of falling pregnant was very minimal since I probably ovulated only a few times that entire year. Stupid ovaries! :evil:
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

haha I agree. :mrgreen: I knew the chance of falling pregnant was very minimal since I probably ovulated only a few times that entire year. Stupid ovaries! :evil:
    Ovulate damn you! Ovulate!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KpwWYqK5ww

It sounds stupid and is very non-scientific but the couples I knew who were actively "trying" to get pregnant (ie following charts, using fertility drugs, plotting moon cycles, ensuring that the cricket population was at the optimum level -- have you verified this???, etc) never got pregnant while they were "trying". However they all seemed to get pregnant after they "gave up". My completely unprofessional opinion is that the added stress of "trying" hinders an attempt to get pregnant. It will be tough to let that go since you are accutely aware of what the issue is. It'll happen -- just stay on top of (or underneath) things.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I know lots of IVF babies! Lots of singles, 1 set of twins and another set of triplets! Out of all my friends who wanted children and couldn't conceive naturally only one couple didn't end up having a baby, they didn't try IVF, too expensive for them, they chose the adoption route. They are now approved to get a little girl from China. Wishing you the best of luck and a happy healthy baby! ox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I sent you a pm....

I think you will make a "wonderful mom", best of luck to you !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Good luck. Hope it works really well.

I have had no personal experience of any fertility treatments as Hal came as a bit of a surprise. But, have friends who have had a helping hand, both medically and homeopathically.

Reflexology, not only relaxes the body but helps prepare for conception (ok I'm a bit biased with that one as I'm a qualified reflexologist)
    Hypnotherapy, a work colleagues wife has recently been to see a hypnotherapist who speciallises in conception. It helped with the conception of their first child and are going for it again.

There's probably loads more 'alternative' therapies that you could find out on google. I do think they can be of benefit accompanied by conventional medicine. Not as stand alone treatments though.