Options

Sober fans meet up @ PJ20

1235»

Comments

• Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Update: Alpine Valley confirmed that the entire lawn (and reserved seating areas, for that matter) will not open until 3:00pm.
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Another suggestion: 3 pm meet-up at the front of the lawn. I'm planning to be there to try & secure a nice spot for the rest of the day. Anyone care to meet there?
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Another suggestion: 3 pm meet-up at the front of the lawn. I'm planning to be there to try & secure a nice spot for the rest of the day. Anyone care to meet there?

This will work for me!

I was planning on being in that general vacinity pretty early. I'm not tall, and I want as few people between me and the stage as possible :D
  • Options
    oona left wrote:
    Black73 wrote:

This will work for me!

I was planning on being in that general vacinity pretty early. I'm not tall, and I want as few people between me and the stage as possible :D
    Nice! I actually would like to surround myself and my family with as many sobers as possible...not worried about being slammed into all night by like-minded people!

See everyone who's in the lawn area around 3 pm! I'll likely have a faded dark tee with young Eddie's face and curly mop across the back on Saturday, & will have my wife and two sons in tow.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    ANYONE HERE STAYING AT LAKE GENEVA?
    IM LOOKING FOR A SOBER PERSON TO DRIVE US (WE ARE 2) BACK AND FORTH,
    iF YOU TAKE OUR CAR WILL GLADLY PAY YOU 50$ A NIGHT, OR SOMETHING WE BOTH CONSIDER REASONABLE

I FIGURE IF YOURE STAYING SOBER, WHY NOT MAKE SOME $ AND TAKE THE STING OUT OF THE COST OF TRAVEL.

IDEALLY WOULD BE LOOKING TO LEAVE AROUND 3 OR 4 FOR THE SHOW. WE HAVE VIP PARKING FOR SATURDAY TOO WHICH WOULD MAKE THINGS EASIER I THINK.

SINCE WE ARE ONLY TWO IF YOU WANT TO BRING A FRIEND THEN THATS COOL, THERES ROOM

PLEASE PM IF ANY INTEREST IN THIS, AND NO BULLSH1T, IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS 100% SOBER OF ANY SUBSTANCE, IF I SUSPECT OTHERWISE THEN ALL 4 OF US IS WALKING HOME.

HOPEFULLY THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR SOMEONE HERE.. PM ME. THANKS
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Are you folks meeting anywhere specific? Love to come meet up!
    Courtney P. Linehan
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    endbadguy wrote:
    Are you folks meeting anywhere specific? Love to come meet up!

Good question. I'm seeing several different answers, haha. Consensus, everyone? I really want to see Liam Finn & Glen Hansard, so meeting at 3 in the lawn probably won't work for me...
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    We're planning to crash the gates at 11 am, so perhaps we could pick an "11ish by the museum," and perhaps a time/locale outside the gates for everyone who's gonna grill a brat in lot before entering the venue?
  • Options
    AK156409AK156409 Posts: 17
    edited October 2012
    x
    Post edited by AK156409 on
  • Options
    Dr. Dan wrote:
    This is a call out to all my fellow sober PJ fans. If you want to hang at the festival and support each other in recovery then let's make a plan. It is always nice to have a sober companion. I am looking forward to an absolutely Rockin' weekend!

See you in Wisconsin.

I'll be sober! I don't like drinking at concerts. I hate being "that guy/gal" who has to leave during the show to pee lol. I also want to remember EVERYTHING and not be totally broke (if humanly possible...tho with the poster show..I dunno) the next day.

I hope all the people who are tailgating have a DD. I'm seeing a lot of posts about getting wasted but nothing about how they plan to get back home/to the hotel after. I don't want to share the road with drunks. I don't want a tragedy.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Pretty good idea Andy - I like this. I'll probably be there with my crew ~10 am hitting the merch stand...maybe we could meet up somewhere near there?
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    I'll be there if I can convince my crew (namely my driver, who's not in recovery) to wake up and be there that early. :) I'll do what I can and hopefully see you guys there!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    I'm actually in just about the same boat. My arrival time will be partially dependent on the rest of my group.

I'm hoping to be there by 10:00am. It would be great to meet all of you!
  • Options
    Ain't that the truth? Good luck, and no worries if we don't all connect at the same time. It's an epic celebration...I know I'll meet a bunch of you at some point!

Safe travels everyone.
    -Matt
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Hey guys and gals. I'm checking in on this thread for the first time. This will be my first PJ show without a sober pal in tow. I would love it if I could exchange phone #'s with a few people from this thread. I will be staying in Milwaukee and would love to meet up to do a meeting or other form of sober support. Please PM me so we can exchange #'s. My name is Charlie and I'm from NYC
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't meet up with you great folks this weekend. Interestingly enough, the handful of obliterated folks my family and I encountered reminded me how happy I am to be sober.

In a strange way, I'd like to say thanks to those few who provided me some great teaching moments with my sons.

Hope all of you stayed strong and enjoyed this epic weekend!