Options

*** The Pizza Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Went to Pepe's in new haven today. 27 miles each way. It was 100 percent worth it. Ordered the white clam pizza and the summertime tomato and mozz.

There was a line outside but it moved quick.
    did it live up to the hype?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Get_Right wrote:
    Went to Pepe's in new haven today. 27 miles each way. It was 100 percent worth it. Ordered the white clam pizza and the summertime tomato and mozz.

I just woke up from an afternoon pizza coma. What do you think? :D
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

I just woke up from an afternoon pizza coma. What do you think? :D
    hahahaha that white clam is killer (if you like clams)
  • Options
    i just had some pretty fucking awesome pizza tonight. not grimaldi's awesome, but still pretty fucking awesome. gotta appreciate the small happiness in life. yummm.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    just threw a pizza party for my customer service dept in honor of cust serv appreciation week and ordered Little Caesers....best $5/pizza i've ever had :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    just threw a pizza party for my customer service dept in honor of cust serv appreciation week and ordered Little Caesers....best $5/pizza i've ever had :)

love me some Ceasers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    mmm.....pizza on the grill....mmmm
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Santarpio's, East Boston.

Best.

Pizza.

Ever.

Place hasn't changed in 40 years.

AMEN!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

love me some Ceasers.

When you compare it to other pizza place in Chicago, Little Ceasars is garbage. But, sometimes it hits the spot. I drive by one everyday on the way home from work....sometimes taht sign for the $5 hot 'n ready pizza gets me.
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Anyone ever had breakfast pizza? That's some good shit right there.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    When was the last time you guys ordered a drunken, late-night pizza? I think it's been college for me (7 years ago). Nothing better to soak up that booze like greasy, cheap-ass pizza!

The anticipation once you make the call. Oh man!!! It can be the most disgusting pizza ever, but man...it always tastes awesome at 1:30 in the morning! :D
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    mca47 wrote:
    When was the last time you guys ordered a drunken, late-night pizza? I think it's been college for me (7 years ago). Nothing better to soak up that booze like greasy, cheap-ass pizza!

The anticipation once you make the call. Oh man!!! It can be the most disgusting pizza ever, but man...it always tastes awesome at 1:30 in the morning! :D

That happens in my house at least once a month :oops: And usually it's so late and we're so drunk that the only place we can get 'za from is Sarpinos...which I discovered during the light hours is absolutely AWFUL. But their Super Taco Pizza is superb when hamm, I guarantee it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Chicago has the best pizza i ever ate
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

That just means that you need to come back out here 8-) Pizza's on me!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

That just means that you need to come back out here 8-) Pizza's on me!
    absofuckinlutely.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    www.northbeachpizza.com

Really wanted to try some Chicago pizza while we were close by in Alpine, but our whirlwind tour left no time for that. :x
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    thats pizza was the 4th best thing i ever put in my mouth..
    no ill not post the first 2 and the third was the coconut desert i ate with Adam at NY before Fallon show
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i might order up some lou's tonight as well. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i might order up some lou's tonight as well. :lol:
    yeah..lou's was the one i taste :D
  • Options
    We had this pizza for dinner, the other night ~ I just add peppers, onions and lots of garlic.
    It's really good. http://www.treetavernpizza.com/ ~ it's all natural.

Edited to add olive oil ~ one of the key ingredients to a good pizza c3392ad.png

I grew up eating that. Not as good as I remember, but if you put truffle oil on it it sure tastes good! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    This is my favorite ever. Grew up on it. Whenever I go home I have to stop and get a couple of slices.

http://www.tonyspizzeriaonline.com/index.php
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628

:thumbup:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    picking up Boston Pizza for a learn and learn today for a potential customer (their choice). Has anyone ever had it? any good?
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Have not made a pizza in a while.
    Might need to soon, but a healthy veg version (inspired by my work colleagues home made veg pizza).
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Parma Pizza in the Heritage Plaza in Pottstown (or just outta Pottstown PA) (undiscovered gem!) has the best and ONLY Jersey Boardwalk Style "Pie" I've found in this part of the state.

I don't miss Jersey much, but THAT I do miss.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    just had some. it was not that great. it cost only $2 for the slice. the end.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    just had some. it was not that great. it cost only $2 for the slice. the end.

it was decent...but even bad pizza is still pretty good..its like sex
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    now I am eating leftover pizza from the fridge
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Mmmm, this damn thread is making me so hungry. I would love to try some Chicago and NY pizza someday. My favorite so far is from a Portland based place called "The Blind Onion." Delicious and super good beer on tap too.

http://blindonion.com/
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009