Flying on a Plane

124»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    what's up with MKE?

:?

a few years back, they changed the runway legnth rules for DC9's. milwaukee was grandfathered in under the old rules. it's runway is about 1500ft below what the new recommendation is.

cool...I'm flying in a 717....a re-vamped DC9 :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am flying the Honda Accord
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    2_-mahobeach_sign-300x199.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    all kidding aside....

this is milwaukee's airport

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38 ... 364kl.jpg/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    all kidding aside....

wow, that looks like a drag race track. I would expect to see funny cars on that
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    all kidding aside....

wow, that looks like a drag race track. I would expect to see funny cars on that

it IS wisconsin.

;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    all kidding aside....

that's a tiny airport...runway wise

meh, I'll be all doped up and not care...I'll be sleeping in the airport as the flight gets in at 5am, and the rental car place won't open till 6am. :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Posted before, but still fun...
    St. Maarten airport. You can almost touch the planes from the beach as they land!
    st-maarten.jpg
    maarten001.jpg
    maarten002.jpg
    that is some serious nuts

i wonder how often they knock down that fence
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    flying on a plane

is that the same as but different than riding on a bicycle
    or
    driving in a car
    or
    flying on a hang glider or helicopter

walking or jogging on your feet

;)

flying scares me. i am afraid of heights.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    flying doesnt bother me but i get bored if i cant sleep. im not a good traveller for various reasons* unless im the one doing the driving.. and apparently there are rules against just jumping into the pilots seat when he goes for a pee so...

* boredom, loss of control, motion sickness.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mca47 wrote:
    Posted before, but still fun...
    St. Maarten airport. You can almost touch the planes from the beach as they land!
    st-maarten.jpg
    maarten001.jpg
    maarten002.jpg

I was just there in october. crazy to watch the planes come in/take off.

cool island, had a blast there
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    So all of this is making me feel SO much better!

(Well, Poncier's comment did trigger an audible chuckle.) ;)

Once they close the doors, I'm no Marge Simpson. I just sit there, quietly waiting to die.

*sigh*

I think I'll bring my Bose headphones from my office. They're the noise-cancelling ones and at least on the way down I'll be comforted by blaring PJ.

Although, my luck _ during my the final moment the play list will shuffle to Encore Break 2.
    :|
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RKCNDY wrote:
    So, the doctor gave me alprazolam...or Xanax for those not pharmaceutically competent.

I went to look it up, to see how long the effects are.

According to WebMD, it is widely prescribed for PMS related anxiety....PMS Anxiety?!?!? :?

uhhh....so I've never taken it, if you've had it, how long are you sedated? Should I take a test run? I just know she told me "Whatever you do, don't drink any alcohol on the plane, and DON'T DRIVE"
    i took xanax in high school once but i took way too much and was out cold for about 4 hours....... i guess that doesn't really help :P
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    81 wrote:

Yeah, you can go on youtube and type in St. Maarten airport and you can see all kinds of landings and takeoffs from there. Some of them are seriously crazy!

The simple fact that a 747 is flying over you at 150-200 mph...while only being 10 feet above you is INSANE!!! :shock:
    Don't get me wrong, if I was there I'd sit under a couple of landings. That has to be fun! Also, there are a couple vids of people standing behind the planes as they take off. They literally have to hold on with all their strength in order to not get blown down! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah, you can go on youtube and type in St. Maarten airport and you can see all kinds of landings and takeoffs from there. Some of them are seriously crazy!

The simple fact that a 747 is flying over you at 150-200 mph...while only being 10 feet above you is INSANE!!! :shock:
    Don't get me wrong, if I was there I'd sit under a couple of landings. That has to be fun! Also, there are a couple vids of people standing behind the planes as they take off. They literally have to hold on with all their strength in order to not get blown down! :D

i have seen the take off vids. crazy mofos
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg