Options

*BUGS AMONGST THE WAVES* Help us to help each other!

Comments

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bump
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    The site is running SO FRICKIN SLOW....
    BUMP
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    done. :)

way s-l-o-w today.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    It.........is...............slow............a......little................like...........me! :P
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    EVENING BUMP!!!!!!

:)
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    $$ sent!

Thanks for organizing this!
  • Options
    jrnyc wrote:
    $$ sent!

Thanks for organizing this!

NO--thank YOU!!!

God this place is freaking awesome:)
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    Happy almost hump day...lets make it BUMP day instead!
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Happy almost hump day...lets make it BUMP day instead!

Yes!
    Here's to Bump Day!

BUMP!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    humpty%20hump.jpg

We're doing the HUMPTY BUMP
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Introducing.....

BUGS AMONGST THE WAVES!

You may be asking, “What the heck is that?”

Bugs Amongst the Waves (BATW) is a group of your fellow 10c members who have banded together after the idea was proposed by Don (dwhite76) that together, PJ fans CAN make a difference in the lives of those around us. This is a result of what has evolved from the original thread, “HELP A 10C STRANGER CHALLENGE”.

There are so many great people in 10c, and we all seem to have so much love to share! Help us to help others!!

Who we are
    The current “board” members, in no particular order, are:

ahill721 (Adam)
    MFC2006 (Matt)
    dwhite76 (Don) (CEO :D )
    GivenToLukinKP (Kelly) (Treasurer)
    Loulou (Lorna)
    dimitrispearljam (Dimitri)
    StillHere (Jo)

***UPDATE--SUNDAY MAY 15th!! We have chosen our first recipient!! See the thread here: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156508**

What we hope to accomplish
    Plain and simple- we want to be there to help other 10c members who are in need of a little boost. A little help goes a long way. You have no idea how much something like a gift card to buy food for your family or to put gas in your car really means until you are in a situation where that is an extreme struggle. We are setting up a variety of ways to raise funds in order to give a hand to those around us. Our plan is to offer not only financial support, but also to assist with locating local assistance programs that offer services that the individual deems useful for thier situations. Some examples of these services: transportation, help running errands, financial assistance to reduce utility bills, local food banks, job placement programs, support groups, patient advocates to help negotiate reduced medical bills, sliding scale mental health services and whatever else the recipient can use help with. We are somewhat rookies, but we are absolutely PASSIONATE about doing whatever we possibly can to help! This is the plan right now, but there is no telling how much we can accomplish once this gets going!

How you can help

1- Cash donations are very much needed and appreciated. You can send all donations via paypal to: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:BugsAmongstTheWaves@gmail.com">BugsAmongstTheWaves@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> Please mark it as a "gift" so we can avoid fees. Please include your forum user name and e-mail address (if its not the one linked to your paypal account) and also note that it’s a cash donation (so there is no confusion over whether monies received are for garage sale goods-see next item). ANY donations are welcome- even a few bucks will help!

2- The "Can't Keep/Save You Garage Sale" is being organized over at this thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=156055. We just need people willing to pledge proceeds from the sale of their goods. All the details can be found on that thread. If you have questions on this, PM Kelly (GivenToLukinKP).

3- We need people to volunteer to be possible “runners”. This means once we find out where a recipient lives, we need someone in their region to go to purchase the gift cards (since we don’t all have the same stores available in our areas as where the recipient lives). We would paypal you the money, and then you could go and make the purchase with it. If you are interested in being put on a list to do this job, please PM Don (dwhite76) with subject “RUNNER VOLUNTEER”. Include your name, email address and the town you live in so we can keep track of people who are available should the need arise.

4- We need people to give to!! Please, don’t be shy! We know how hard it is to ask for help. If you know of a fellow 10c member who is in a tough spot and could use a little help, let us know! You can choose to remain as an anonymous “tipster” if you want. If you have their address already, that is a bonus. If you don’t, not to worry- we can get it somehow. All nominations should be sent via PM to Don (dwhite76). Please include as much information as you can.

5- We need IDEAS! If anyone has any ideas on ways to raise funds or any type of operational suggestions, please PM any of the board members listed above, and we will make sure everyone gets the info.

6- Support! Bumps! Spread the word! LOVE!

Thank you all for your donations, support and BUMPS!! We are all so very excited to get this going and help each other. We sincerely hope you want to jump on this train with us :D

Much appreciation,
    Don, Adam, Matt, Kelly, Lorna & Jo

FIND US ON FACEBOOK! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bugs-Amongst-the-Waves-PJ-Community-Charity-Organization/220769831268857?ref=ts&sk=wall#!/pages/Bugs-Amongst-the-Waves-PJ-Community-Charity-Organization/220769831268857?sk=wall
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    Good morning and...

BUMP
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Good morning and...

BUMP

ditto, my friend ;)
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    :-| stupid hospitals

Bump
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    bump
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    BUMP!
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    Bump it up, pass it around.

• Options
    bug-gif.gif
    BugsGif.gif
    BUMP
    crazybuganimatedgif.gif
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    bug-gif.gif
    BugsGif.gif
    BUMP
    crazybuganimatedgif.gif

Gotta love it! :lol:

• Options
    :D:D:D;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    Bumpity bump
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    brianlux wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    bug-gif.gif
    BugsGif.gif
    BUMP
    crazybuganimatedgif.gif

Gotta love it! :lol:

! BUGS!
    All these...I got bugs. I got bugs in my room. Bugs in my bed. Bugs in my ears. Their eggs in my head. Bugs in my pockets. Bugs in my shoes. Bugs in the way, I feel about you. Bugs on my window...Trying to get in. They don't go nowhere. Waiting, waiting... Bugs on my ceiling. Crowded the floor. Standing, sitting, kneeling...
    A few block the door. And now the question's: Do I kill them? Become their friend? Do I eat them? Raw or well done? Do I trick them? I don't think they're that dumb. Do I join them? Looks like that's the one! I got bugs on my skin. Tickle my nausea. I let it happen again. They're always takin' over. I see they surround me, I see... See them deciding my fate. Oh, that which was once...was once up to me... Now it's too late! I got bugs in my room...one on one. That's when I had a chance. I'll just stop now. I'll become naked. And with them...I'll become one

Join Us! Become ONE!

NEW photos going up over on our Facebook presence today :)

SMILE!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bugs-Amongst-the-Waves-PJ-Community-Charity-Organization/220769831268857

Click on PHOTOS on the left to see Photos of Items For Sale. Will be adding more Photos as they become available. NOTE: Some standard items are STOCK photos and not the "actual" item for sale, you will contact the owner/seller for that info. I am going to try to get photos for NEW Garage Sale Items as they come in ...... please be patient. I KNOW you are :D

ATTN FACEBOOK GURUS: I need help ......
    Nevermind...It was just a BUG in the system. :lol: Got it!
    Thanks! :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Love it Jo, love it! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Butterfly-on-the-ocean.jpg

Bump for the week...be back soon for more bumping :D
  • Options
    BUMP :mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

Just wanted to send out a reminder that we are running the "Can't Keep/Save You Garage Sale" over on this thread: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=156055
    If you have some stuff to list, please follow the instructions on the first post in that thread and PM Kelly (GivenToLukinKP) with your info. We would love to see the "for sale" list grow--and we just KNOW there must be some folks out there looking to make some money to help fund thier Alpine trip :)

THANK YOU!! Have a great weekend everyone! :)
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Happy Friday everyone!! Have a great weekend everyone! :)

BUMP
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    And she's off!

Have a great weekend everyone..I will ! :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~