Options

Royal Wedding . . . Are you watching?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'd rather eat a plate of fiberglass washed down with a glass of rusty nails than watch this self-aggrandizing, outdated ritualistic hunk of shit.

I feel dirty for just posting in this thread about it.
    and yet you did :mrgreen: You probably read the entire thread too... after watching the reruns of the balcony kisses for the fifth time! :P

Nope, didn't read the entire thread, just posted what I posted, but damn glad it was just before what norm posted, quality stuff there.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Prince William's not so bad himself. ;)

There are still some yummy princes to be had (so says my daughter - one of the princes of Monaco, Andrea, it would seem) :mrgreen:
    Just done some googling and I have to say your daughter has GREAT taste :oops: . I also enjoyed having a look at prince carl philip of Sweden... oh my!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I watched it
    I enjoyed it
    Kate is beautiful...didn't care so much for the dress
    I especially loved it
    ...when the Queen snubbed Camilla
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    oh give me a small fucking break

medium_beatrice.jpg
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

There are still some yummy princes to be had (so says my daughter - one of the princes of Monaco, Andrea, it would seem) :mrgreen:
    Just done some googling and I have to say your daughter has GREAT taste :oops: . !

26, long blond hair (and plenty of it!), fit, gorgeous bone structure, tall, second in line to the throne of a beautiful Principality and rich... what more can a girl want?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    I finally turned it on around 11am and saw the ceremony while I was getting ready to go out.

The choir sounded beautiful! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I watched highlights this morning.

A bakery in our neighborhood did these. Kind of hilarious. But very delicious.

204950_10150174892168704_80301663703_6622316_8268343_o-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Let's not forget that the royal family killed William Wallace!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    oh give me a small fucking break

medium_beatrice.jpg
    worst hat of the wedding
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

Just done some googling and I have to say your daughter has GREAT taste :oops: . I also enjoyed having a look at prince carl philip of Sweden... oh my!

He the one who looks like Orlando Bloom??
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

He the one who looks like Orlando Bloom??
    He is indeedy :D

Oh and I can't see that hat but is that the one that looks like a reindeer? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    No I had no intentions of watching it.£10.000.000 it has cost Britain to pay for this farce of the future king to marry a "commoner" ... commoner my arse.

Wonder how long it will take for her to be bumped off in a freak accident after she has birthed him a couple of heirs :o :twisted:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Oh and I can't see that hat but is that the one that looks like a reindeer? :mrgreen:
    :lol: Its a very big stiff bow hovering above her head :lol:

She was trying to be funny probably didn't want to wear a hat ...rebellious blood she has...
    Fergie's daughter

I love Fergie! :D
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    I don't give a rat's ass :shifty:

:thumbup:

imalive is a wise man.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

:lol: Its a very big stiff bow hovering above her head :lol:

She was trying to be funny probably didn't want to wear a hat ...rebellious blood she has...
    Fergie's daughter

I love Fergie! :D
    Fergie is VERY popular in Ireland :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    which Fergie?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    pandora wrote:
    I do not understand why non-Commonwealth nations broadcast it and give it such attention.
    They are British royals not World royals.
    I don't understand you wanting to stifle the enjoyment of sharing in a beautiful moment.
    One based in tradition, history but more importantly love.

It made my day and I think many around the world.

I smiled and cried and my heart has high hopes for them...
    I have emotions today I would be without if not for the sharing.

I haven't seen the wedding but I DVR'd it and may watch parts of it with my wife over the weekend (although honestly we probably won't get to it and just watch the recaps on TV). I agree with Pandora. I think with all the problems in the world it's nice to spend a few hours to see something nice for a change. Do I care about William and Kate? Not really. Has the coverage in the USA been overblown? Most definitely. However, there's nothing wrong with spending a few hours seeing something nice, IMO.

P.S. Kate's very attractive and that's a plus. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I just found a dress very very similar... and it ain't grace kelly

http://opulentcreationsevents.squarespa ... gowns.html

see the Isabella Orsini one!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    whats this now? There was a wedding? who got married?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    somebody's list of the top 18 hats:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/amazing- ... al-wedding

wonder how Victoria kept her's on...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    RKCNDY wrote:

That "O" hat was the worst. I wonder if that princess knew how bad that looked.

Posh looked great and tasteful.
  • Options
    no matter what Letizia of Spain wears is so frikin hot!!!!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol: The mini crown.. It was just a part of the carriage, conveniently lined with her head.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392

Shit if that was gonna be the quality of the humor, I'm glad they weren't allowed to go to air.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I didn't watch any of the pre-wedding hype, but I watched the ceremony and when they rode to Buckingham palace. The only thing I can't stand is the constant commentary. I just want to see them get married, I don't want to hear Barbara Walters and all those dudes commenting on every little detail. :roll:
    Cute couple. I used to have a crush on Prince William back in the day. I thought her dress was actually very pretty; I'm a fan of old-fashioned looking dresses. But oh, William's cousins' hats were HIDEOUS! :lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Man caught doing cartwheels inside the abbey after the ceremony...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/specia ... 6047418862
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    No. Didn't see it.
  • Options
    i dont understand why the fuck didnt sent an invitation to the Lord of the West why now you dont bitching Sussex!!!! :evil: