Options

Royal Wedding . . . Are you watching?

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    God save the queen, we mean it maaaaaan.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    pandora wrote:
    It also occurred to me how very much the Royals do for the people. The sacrifices they make.

Huh??? :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    NO.

It's sad how much people care about this.

or the superbowl
    or what Lady GaGa is wearing
    or Paris Hilton
    or the latest iphone
    or Facebook
    or how much tickets cost these days

etc, etc...

Whats Sad is that you can't just share in something that is just an all around happy occasion and looking at the crowds that have gathered around London to watch everything...I don't think they think its a complete waste of time and money.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    They've done nothing for me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    My favorite part was seeing London, the city as the procession made its way.
    This far more interesting to me now, tracing my family tree.
    I have come to appreciate history.

The loveliness was all those people celebrating together.
    Miles and miles of British flags being waved.
    Miles and miles of smiles.
    And love was in the air!
    We can certainly use much more of that :D

It also occurred to me how very much the Royals do for the people. The sacrifices they make.

If there is a nationality of common sense, of respecting what is proper, respecting history,
    it is the British.

Wish I was heading to one of their pubs to join in the celebration! 8-)
    We got to talking last night over a few beers and decided that dammit....we've been bombarded with talk of the wedding non-stop for months, so it would be a shame if we didn't watch.
    Well, we made plans to get up just to be sure it was actually over but after a few more beers and talking waaaay past bedtime....we slept instead.

Kate is beautiful though
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options

Doesn't mean they haven't done something for anyone else does it?
  • Options
    NO.

But they are better people than us.
    We are just commoners.

ASS-inine.

I'm American. We don't believe in royalty.

Yeah and they are British and they watch our presidential elections with just as much excitement
  • Options

Wrong!
  • Options

Wrong!

:?

erm no. Charity work and trust funds ring any bells?
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    We are just commoners.

that wasn't a serious comment was it? i hope not. they certainly are NOT better people. no one is better than any other.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Boo Boo wrote:
    NO.

or the superbowl
    or what Lady GaGa is wearing
    or Paris Hilton
    or the latest iphone
    or Facebook
    or how much tickets cost these days

etc, etc...

Whats Sad is that you can't just share in something that is just an all around happy occasion and looking at the crowds that have gathered around London to watch everything...I don't think they think its a complete waste of time and money.
    I agree Boo Boo. They're happy, they're in love, it's a traditional celebration. The media spectacle surrounding it is, of course, over the top, typical US style. :D But still, it beats the sh^t out of Lady Gaga or Paris Hilton or any other bs fad. It's just nice to see something joyous and meaningful.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    StillHere wrote:
    We are just commoners.

that wasn't a serious comment was it? i hope not. they certainly are NOT better people. no one is better than any other.

Well, there probably better than me
  • Options

Examples? I really have no understanding of royalty. Seriously, it just does not make sense to me. Anyone who feels free to shed some light would be more than welcome.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    We are just commoners.

No it wasn't. Was sarcasm.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    pandora wrote:

And love was in the air!

If there is a nationality of common sense, of respecting what is proper, respecting history,
    it is the British.

:clap: Love what you said Pandora.

My mom watches The Today Show every morning and yesterday, they said Will and Kate want their guests, instead of giving them gifts, to donate money to a charity that they've created. I thought that was great of them to do. The two of them have done so much for charity and Will is following in the footsteps of his mother, who also did a lot of charity work.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:
    We are just commoners.

No it wasn't. Was sarcasm.

well that's good..hard to read sarcasm in text..isn't it?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Digital Twighlight,

They get that Charity money from tax payers....
    I couldn't give a shit about these royals, my ancestors are not from England.
  • Options
    Stillhere,

It all depends...
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

Huh??? :?
    Its obvious to me, that being born into or as Kate now marrying into,
    has its requirements on how you live your life.
    This an example of history/ that of old and an example of the country's future,
    all that is good and respected.

This wedding was for the people and for the country,
    it just a small sacrifice of what a Royal must do and be.

I picture Prince William and Kate as a wedding in the woods or on a beach sort of couple...
    this was done for every citizen to share and for history.

Bless their hearts and union :D
  • Options

Were they supposed too? Is that it? They have to do something for you to just get kindness back?
    hmmmm.... :roll:
  • Options
    Boo Boo wrote:

Were they supposed too? Is that it? They have to do something for you to just get kindness back?
    hmmmm.... :roll:

I want my tax money back.
  • Options
    Digital Twighlight,

They get that Charity money from tax payers....
    I couldn't give a shit about these royals, my ancestors are not from England.

I don't care about a lot of things posted on here or in the news but I don't post spiteful comments about it :?

And it's not just the money they give away but their time and effort in raising awareness about different issues. You can critise all you like but i'm gonna take a guess and say they have done more charity work in one year then you will do in your entire lifetime.

If you don't like something that's fine but no need to be so hateful towards a wedding.
  • Options
    Well, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

I guess many people don't understand why I obsess over baseball & hockey games. And the wedding probably cost taxpayers less than the Phillies stadium ("Citizens" Park). :roll:

• Options
    If you love them so much go live in London.
    I donate to causes often thank you very much.
  • Options
    If you love them so much go live in London.
    I donate to causes often thank you very much.

What? What king of a childish statement is that?

Well if you love Pearl Jam so much why don't you go live in Seattle?

:roll:
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    ok,im not intresting in the whole wedding,cant understand why greek tv play it all day,but as it seems its a big celebration for brits,and they see it that way as a big thing,and party about it ,so i respect that..
    and congrats to the couple
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Newch91 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

And love was in the air!

it is the British.

:clap: Love what you said Pandora.

My mom watches The Today Show every morning and yesterday, they said Will and Kate want their guests, instead of giving them gifts, to donate money to a charity that they've created. I thought that was great of them to do. The two of them have done so much for charity and Will is following in the footsteps of his mother, who also did a lot of charity work.
    :D

The past few weeks seeing so much of Diana and seeing her life in the years it was...
    start to finish,
    I have come away with a much bigger picture of a Royal Life and the meaning behind this.

All she did to bring awareness, how much she was loved,
    how she was used... some might say wrongly but I see it more as sadly.
    The wonderful mother she was amidst such personal sacrifice.
    The example she grew to be in her short life.

This is what life should be... touching others.... moving them
    no matter how long one has here....
    this is living!
  • Options
    I do not understand why non-Commonwealth nations broadcast it and give it such attention.
    They are British royals not World royals.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I do not understand why non-Commonwealth nations broadcast it and give it such attention.
    They are British royals not World royals.

Exactly.